Lixil

Questions for LO

serious question: I got 2 accounts (thanks to FF being bad, I lost both of them over a longer timespan - no, I was not cheating) and I'd like to know if it's possible after the support reviewed by bans and if I get unbanned, to "merge" my accounts... by all means, I'm NOT talking about characters or designs, solely ARMAS (itemshop) items and itemshop gifts I've received. after they've been transferred one of the accounts should be closed.

I'm still waiting on the reviews of my accounts but I'd like to know now if it's even something support would do for me, since there is nothing I can do with 2 accounts at the same time...

(forum is bugging out, my message is not being posted and a friend of mine doesn't see any update aswell, sry if this message got sent multiple times)

In the Q&A it was mentioned that people should use the vanilla game and avoid all config edits. Does this mean you guys will implement these quality of life improvements?:

• Always Sprinting
  • Hold to Crouch
  • The Mouse Fix

Hopefully you can add these soon. As they can really improve the experience of APB

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Haganu said:

Yeah cause a transition of an entire company is done from begin to end by a fingersnip. LO has literally shown more work and effort put into the community in 2 weeks than Reloaded has done in 3 years. Give them time. At least they're reaching out to us without us having to throw a giant tantrum.

I am saying because ive seen gms logged...

Is the guy who designed car kits still working for the company? He made some great things

28 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

I am not blubbering anything but reality, and i dont want to be called anything, respect the rules.

While you may not be actively breaking the rules, your posts have always had a style/tone that keeps triggering me. Going to armchair moderating is a bit thick from you.

🤷‍♂️

Is it within the realm of possibility to sell legendary weapons through steam community market at some point in the future?

when will you guys reveal who you rehired

Maybe i didn't hear it, but they never discuss anything about the threat system? nor did he say when the engine upgrade was coming, or the possibility of when it might come.

56 minutes ago, DanRO13 said:

Will we be able to change our in-game name? 

You can already do that.

Any possibility of custom tagger symbols in the future?

So if you shoot someone with a weapon that has the Tagger mod equipped, your own symbol appears over their head instead of the generic crosshair?

Edited by MrChan

I have no questions at this time. You're doing a great job.

2 hours ago, slot said:

this. though i'm more concerned about names that belong to unmerged accounts

Vouching for wipe of unmerged/inactive character names

I guess I don't really have a question, but I want to touch on something that you might be approaching from the wrong direction currently:

Concerning servers, server merges and character transfers, you seem inclined to keep the current state of regional servers with unique character databases. This is a flawed system to begin with and something which the original game was, iirc, supposed to handle differently.
Despite the difficulties Matt mentioned about merging character databases / transferring characters, your team should consider merging all characters onto one database and have districts hosted in different regions (e.g. Financial-EN1 (US), Financial-EN2 (UK), Financial-DE1 (GER), Financial-RU1 (RUS) and so forth).
This reduces the issue of a low playerbase in general, as well as low populations during off-time.
At the cost of lag, players could then chose districts/servers from a different region.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

I am saying because ive seen gms logged...

My GMs are strictly volunteers. They will not be banning players.

Please bring back the old threat system and improved on it or a similar one, because i had to uninstall this game. This game is boring as hell. I think having the engine upgrade, new visuals / new scenery to look at will help, but at the moment, there's nothing new to keep playing atm. Guess i will check back around july to see if anything is new around.  i do however miss the "kill events", kill events is where you kill to win prizes such as premium, cars, i think. That use to keep me entertain. 

Good luck, will check back every now and then.

Really only got two questions regarding LTL,

Will Less Than Lethal get touched at all? Would love to get a moddable CCG so I can slap CJ3 on that baby

Will crims get anything similar to LTL?

Also about the crosshairs, I heard on the stream that theres plans to allow us to change the color of the crosshair but will we be able to customize it?* and perhaps allow us to have the option of keeping the crosshair on while we sprint

*Something like the one i have in this game

1ACC44D52253E9D2359A0DBDB981AC55D0E1B612

and a booty slider :3

Edited by SpacePirateAural

Would you consider major economy changes such as adding a different currency and tokens such as we already have with the G1Coins and Joker Tickets but by making them accessible through multiple way?

Since the announce of Legendary Weapons being no longer tradeable this will not only turn a few of these items on a "Pay 2 Win" sort of stuff (or at least at the perception of the majority) but also the game will need a money sink system in place for those who grind a lot of money in the marketplace auctions to spend their earnings and we'll need to have some motivation to keep creating content or we'll be eventually stopping since there'd be no reward for our time and effort invested there.

Would you guys consider doing something with the Multiplex Cinema / Joker Distribution Center showcase displays there? WE would love to see more player-made content there and specially rotating the stuff we have stuck there since years and that basically almost nobody buys. (I mean the player-made cars and clothings)

19 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

I guess I don't really have a question, but I want to touch on something that you might be approaching from the wrong direction currently:

Concerning servers, server merges and character transfers, you seem inclined to keep the current state of regional servers with unique character databases. This is a flawed system to begin with and something which the original game was, iirc, supposed to handle differently.
Despite the difficulties Matt mentioned about merging character databases / transferring characters, your team should consider merging all characters onto one database and have districts hosted in different regions (e.g. Financial-EN1 (US), Financial-EN2 (UK), Financial-DE1 (GER), Financial-RU1 (RUS) and so forth).
This reduces the issue of a low playerbase in general, as well as low populations during off-time.
At the cost of lag, players could then chose districts/servers from a different region.

You may wait for apb to get populated once again... if they fail, then implementing to these ideas wont be that bad.

19 minutes ago, Lixil said:

My GMs are strictly volunteers. They will not be banning players.

Many people said that a gm would be nice to reinforce anticheat (or whatever you do for having this game as clean as posible)... you told me in your pm you will listen to the community.

It seems like people just like to oposeme at anything i say :@

1 hour ago, Dexem said:

In the Q&A it was mentioned that people should use the vanilla game and avoid all config edits. Does this mean you guys will implement these quality of life improvements?:

• Always Sprinting
  • Hold to Crouch
  • The Mouse Fix

Hopefully you can add these soon. As they can really improve the experience of APB

+1

I'd rather not get banned for having QoL ini-edits.

• Like 1

1- Are you going to do something about the golds playing in bronze districts ?

2- Can you stop Mates from abusing Each other ?  , it got crazy lately ! ,  you get this mate and instead of helping you they kill you  to dethreat or cause you are a low rank bronze and they want to replace you  with a higher rank mate  or just for  fun or whatever , and when you ask why , they just do it more and more   and this time with anger lol ?!! like if you insulted them by just asking ? , they ruin the match and it happens so often now that u can't spend 1 day in the game without having this happening 

In addition to just wanting to know if you're considering changing your theory on making legendaries untradeable, here's my un-answered questions copied from the thread on the previous forum:

1. What will you be doing with the changes RG did to the maps in their console version of the EU? RG did a lot of things that many of us feel messed up the playability (and aesthetics) of the maps, for example the tons of telephone poles and bushes they added that block cars and make it more difficult to drive. Do you plan to go over the changes RG made to the maps before launching the EU3.5 version of APB? I know some of us, including myself, would greatly appreciate it.

2. I know a lot of people want weapon balance changes, (or other areas of balance,) but I can't help but be a little concerned at the idea of people extremely new to the game trying to balance a game that's already mostly balanced. Are you planning on doing balance patches in the (relatively) near future, and if so how will you be familiarizing your team with APB to the point that you feel you understand the balance well enough to change it, especially considering many of the players in this game have thousands of hours logged and still disagree greatly about weapon balance.

3. For some reason RG removed the ability to do wheelies on some cars in APB in the console EU, which is a huge bummer because much of the fun of APB is its hilarious quirkiness, and wheelies could be really fun and allow you to do some amazing jumps. Furthermore, on a slightly different note, there used to be a community based around using wheelies and other cars as ramps to jump their cars onto buildings for fun, but RG removed the ability to stay on most buildings, even when you're not in a mission, so this community is now gone.  So my question is, basically, are you going to have wheelies in your version of the PC EU, and would you consider removing the effects of out-of-bounds volumes on top of buildings while you're not in a mission?

After reading all the suggested updates and all that i see you guys are going to make some huge difference so all my concern is that is all this going to affect the FPS? cuz i play on Low FPS and its like 15 or something so after all these updates will i be able to play normally with my 15 FPS or higher? or is it going to be impossible to play?

Any plans on adding new instruments or effects to the music studio?

There's routing issues for some players can they be fixed?

because on jericho when the server gets hit by lag network connectivity I get back my original latency 190ms?

Ive been getting 290ms on jericho now. I use to get 190ms 

Edited by Deadliest

Hello LO, I'm from Brazil, as you might know, Hoplon closed for good, so we migrated to US Servers. Today Matt said that prices will low on ARMAS, don't know how much though. But I would like to know if Brazilians will have a fair price, because as you might know, the avarage salary of a Brazilian isn't that high, and as today, buying a life-time character weapon for 50$ it's impossible to us. So, are you guys thinking in some way that Brazilian players could have a fair price?

• Like 1