Lixil

Questions for LO

Direct question. As i can't possibly know already.

Unfinished projects concepts and items that never really get released Did you also get access to those?

The 2nd car that was supposed to be released after the growl code named "Mirage"

"Therefore, in the next few weeks we will be unveiling the first of two new auto manufactures and their vehicles.  The first to be unveiled is the IO: GROWL"

From here https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2015/07/as-we-head-into-august-with-apb.html

Now for clothing items. The "Gauntlet" and "Fingerless Gauntlet" 

This topic covers it quite well 

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/399370-fingerless-gauntlet-unreleased-discussion/

Some copypasta Sounds delicious have some.

Really the entire apbdb.com site has alot of unused stuff. 

Some icons

m_handwear_gloves_enforcement_gauntletfim_handwear_gloves_enforcement_gauntletfiGauntletm_handwear_gloves_enforcement_gauntletle

And this because i know skitty is lurking around

f_underwear_bodysuit_tank.png

And a screenshot of these gloves in the game files 

40295765bf3fae60dad2f3b876820e83.png

So my question is. Will you release unreleased content in the future?

"Mirage" Gauntlet so on.

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i think this was addressed in a discord q&a, but scaleform is dead in the water

i assume we’ll be getting a new ui with the 3.5 update tho

I don’t remember seeing anything about it myself. Consoles are on 3.5 but look almost exactly the same UI wise besides some changes needed for controllers 

1 hour ago, SuperToaster said:

I don’t remember seeing anything about it myself. Consoles are on 3.5 but look almost exactly the same UI wise besides some changes needed for controllers 

cd3694c42cad7cfa7b5f04832e72a254.png

went and found it for internet points

• Like 3

Could there (or will there) ever be a unification of Gamersfirst credits? One of my largest gripes with the way G1C was handled was 400 G1c = $5 USD. Would it not make more sense just to have 500 G1c = $5?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

Rip. Disappointing to hear but I'm sure the UI will see a refactor one of these days. There's definitely a lot of things that need QOL improvements 

I have a question, will the Driving mechanics be reworked or will they still continue to be tied to the server with the considerable input delay that they have had for years?

Questions:

1) Any plans to implement death cam into the game? (This is a solid next step in countering skiddies and cheaters)

2) Spawn systems needs to be re looked at. One example is the spawn location.

Occasionally, there are times where you would spawn behind an enemy spawn spot approximately 80-100m away and can easily gain a backstab kill (It ruins the gameplay) This is rather common in the Waterfront district.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ss4gogeta0 said:

I have a question, will the Driving mechanics be reworked or will they still continue to be tied to the server with the considerable input delay that they have had for years?

afaik theres no way to take vehicle location off the servers without getting terrible desync issues from different client latencies

10 hours ago, NekkJr said:

Occasionally, there are times where you would spawn behind an enemy spawn spot approximately 80-100m away and can easily gain a backstab kill (It ruins the gameplay) This is rather common in the Waterfront district.

Yeah, I hate when this happens, or even the reverse... spawning only to find yourself smack dab in between two snipers. 

Im not really sure how they would fix it, and it happens not that often, so I normally just say to myself "well that didnt work" and pick a different spawn. 

But yeah, it would be cool if these scenarios could be adressed. 

can we buy g1c from steam with our steamwallet ? then we can sell our pubg crates and buy g1c instead 

13 minutes ago, Maureen said:

can we buy g1c from steam with our steamwallet ? then we can sell our pubg crates and buy g1c instead 

Yes, you can.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, I hate when this happens, or even the reverse... spawning only to find yourself smack dab in between two snipers. 

Im not really sure how they would fix it, and it happens not that often, so I normally just say to myself "well that didnt work" and pick a different spawn. 

But yeah, it would be cool if these scenarios could be adressed. 

Also the getting called in as backup with less than a min in mission is pointless majority of times as can't do nothing to help making it so no backup can be called in in last 1-2 mins of a mission/stage would work , better yet rework the backup aspect altogether as not just the above mentioned but times can call backup should not or times should be able to but can't (team of 3 high tier golds vs low tier bronze/silver and golds can backup call but bronze/silvers can not) , as well the team lead being able to only call backup works sometimes but is times that they won't or are afk'rs this imo should not be optional where go to press a button to get backup but a auto element of game where if can get backup it auto looks for qued players

I've asked this before, but I didn't get a reply. And I'm not sure if someone else has yet ... but

Will APB be getting a new ad campaign? 

Wahey! Look at what I just found in my mail as I was searching through the last four years of post:

u3Rq5cg.jpg?1

GJhfops.jpg?1

This is a special 1-slot (open) version of the CR5 that you could get a code for in a german gaming magazine. This is super minor in the big long list of things people want to see in the game, and even though it's not the prettiest skin in the game it'd be great if we could see this as a tertiary skin for the CR5. I don't think people can get their hands on it anymore, and it's a 365 day time-limited weapon: Once it's gone, it's gone. That means nobody will ever be able to use this skin again, which is a real shame if it already exists in the game. Reskinnable weapons weren't available in the game when this came out so it was always neat to see someone with it.

I guess I never withdrew mine because it came with a car and inventory limits were tight back in the day.

Edited by Songbearer

On 6/2/2018 at 6:01 PM, BXNNXD said:

Well, well... this actually explains a lot about frame drops. I will give my two cents thats part of the reason behind lag spikes when opening the inventory or when using the field supplier.

On 5/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, IROCkiller said:

So if legendaries are becoming nontradeable will we still be able to mail them between our own characters on one account?

But will they still be sellable tho?

Will apb items ever become steam sellable? Like legendaries on the steam market?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Poperon said:

Well, well... this actually explains a lot about frame drops. I will give my two cents thats part of the reason behind lag spikes when opening the inventory or when using the field supplier.

yeah its pretty well known that the hardcoded ui causes terrible performance issues

Are you going to make the offers more cheaper than before?

11 hours ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:

Will apb items ever become steam sellable? Like legendaries on the steam market?

That would be great

On 6/2/2018 at 11:01 PM, BXNNXD said:

Aw shucks, that's awful news. If @MattScott could elaborate on this matter, that'd be great. The UI is a major performance-killer in APB and Scaleform can, as far as I'm aware, be integrated into the Unreal Engine fairly well. There's a reason lots of games use it, no?

Even though Autodesk ended support for the technology, Little Orbit should have obtained a license and the code with their purchase of Gamersfirst, I reckon. If using Scaleform is no option at all, what's the plan to replace Kismet?

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:

I think if they would allow apb items on Steam it would become a lootbox law problem, because you get actual cash for selling on Steam

On 6/3/2018 at 1:16 AM, BXNNXD said:

afaik theres no way to take vehicle location off the servers without getting terrible desync issues from different client latencies

i remember that, in SA:MP (san andreas multiplayer) if you needed to stop a car, you could just drive in front of him. in your computer, you would be just driving in front of him. on his computer, thanks to the latency, your car would be hitting his at full force with no recoil.  that "no recoil" part would multiply the force of the impact by-a-lot. imagine a truck, going at a sport car's maximun speed, hitting a car on the side, thats the force we're talking about. doing something like that, i once made a player fly over those palm trees(ok... not THOSE palm tress, but palm trees like that, a little more north from those).

447918-gta-san-andreas.jpg

idk how thats handled in GTAV tho-

pb_sticking_head_out_of_den.jpg

Edited by TheOppositePolarBear

Since I worded my thread/poll poorly, I'll ask here..

If I were to buy G1c now (under LO) and then buy items, would I get back the difference back later on when LO changes the prices in ARMAs?

If not, then there's no point in buying items right now knowing I'll get them cheaper later.

57 minutes ago, Unclean said:

If I were to buy G1c now (under LO) and then buy items, would I get back the difference back later on when LO changes the prices in ARMAs?

I

No. 

57 minutes ago, Unclean said:

If not, then there's no point in buying items right now knowing I'll get them cheaper later.

What if some prices go up? Will you then give LO the difference?

Edited by CookiePuss