Tunner

What a wonderful update, now fix my game (launcher error)

As soon as the Halloween update hit APB, it stopped working for me. At 90% of downloading the new files theres just this "error" button instead of play and an empty crash report. Repairing the game through launcher yields the same results but at even lower % done.

Edited by Tunner

A screenshot of that would be nice, so we can see what's happening.

I'm assuming this is a ghost process errorring out the launcher, you can check that with Process Explorer or something similar or just restart the pc

GeeWl1y.png

i get this @Kevkof
Also @Tunner I re-installed the game, at first i didnt even recieve the manifest for the update download. That way i did.

Edited by Bva

1 minute ago, Bva said:

GeeWl1y.png

i get this @Kevkof
Also @Tunner I re-installed the game, at first i didnt even recieve the manifest for the update download. That way i did.

Download failed should just be a simple repair. If that doesn't work, I recommend deleting the Clientfiles.xml file in the game directory and opening the launcher again.

Yeah Im getting the same thing as the other guy. Repair doesnt do anything (it results in the same error). Cant find any clientfiles.xml. Only some zip archives.

Edited by Tunner

Repairing got it to fix it for me. Did u try re-installing then trying again? That seemed to work aswell for me.

53 minutes ago, Tunner said:

Cant find any clientfiles.xml. Only some zip archives.

It should be right here:

AoFqL12.png

So, ill update this later, I'm getting so many constant crashes upon entering a district. It's getting kind of frustrating.

Edit: editing windows registry seemed to have fixed my crashing.

Edited by Bva

On 10/24/2019 at 7:48 PM, Kevkof said:

It should be right here:

AoFqL12.png

Maybe it should, but its not there.

Merged.

Once again thanks for breaking my game and making my 3 day free premium just disappear. Couldnt have done that without you.

5 hours ago, Tunner said:

Once again thanks for breaking my game and making my 3 day free premium just disappear. Couldnt have done that without you.

Have you tried just uninstalling, making sure that no files stay behind and then reinstalling?

"just uninstalling" as if it meant something different than deleting the whole game and then redownloading and reinstalling it again. No I havent tried it. Why? Because I had this problem a month or so ago, and it got fixed. Although it could have been something else in the past. The launcher gave me this error because the servers were down, so then when they got up again, it started working. I might have to reinstall sooner or later, but I wonder, is the game even worth playing when you need to reinstall it after every update?

When I have time for this again Ill post my progress if any. In the meantime, keep posting solutions if you find any guys. Reinstall is the last option for me. Too many times have I reinstalled for nothing.

Edited by Tunner

So I had a significant amout of AFK time today and managed to let the PC reinstall APB during that time. Good news is that it works. Bad news is that not only all of my settings are gone, but also the login menu stutters a lot, doesnt load the background image properly and the game doesnt even remember my account when I check it. In game the FPS are normal, its just the menu. The graphics in game are super weird, but thats probably because of the graphics settings, got my usual graphics on for a short time after fiddling with the advanced options.

Edited by Tunner

having this issue now. hopped off the game for a few hours came back and its trying to update and randomly at different percentages is hitting an error. repair doesnt work, gets same errors. are the servers down? 20191203@0335

Merged.

update it seems to continuously crash when it reaches  Scanning: APB. exe.local

Merged.

update, uninstalled, attempted to reinstall. reinstaller crashes due to 2 errors with the anti cheat. attempt again.. seems to work now... gotta love this game. ^^