Sign in to follow this  
Goabea

Please, When it comes to new clothing.

Please, K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Less is more!

As much as alot of people who like clothing symbols with prebaked designs on them, most of the designers don't.

I'm saying this, by looking at the new Occult Pants.

TPhAST6.jpg 

It's going to be hard to make unique clothing with something that has so much stuff pre-added, And don't forget! APB is all about being unique.
I can make a huge list about clothing barely anyone uses because you can't really design with (*Cough* Most of ARMAS)
Let's flip it around though, alot of the default clothing the game gives you is extremely versatile. And that is because it's so simple! You can symbol on whatever you want and it'll look fine, and unique!
Want to turn the Medium Tee into a denim jacket? Go for it! Want to turn the female Skinny jeans into a pair of punk rock pants covered in straps, zippers, patches! You can do it.
Convert the female long sleeve into.... pretty much whatever? Go for it!

Also, everyone wants to use the punk shirt, but the rips on it flatout ruin it.

Here are some examples of what alot of designers have made, converting other clothing into new clothing.

wtk7J0Y.png
GoNB0Jc.png
v4mknOv.png
LPy9zHv.jpg
F5MCtSG.jpg
GVgozbZ.png
ggKCF8z.png

xT1lkoT.jpg
Uz5ZKjn.png 

TL:DR 
If you're going to add new clothing LO, Please keep them simple so we can make stuff.

Edited by Goabea
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4

ye

While its cool that it is free, it is also would be cool if it feels like it belongs in with the rest of the clothing, even if we are going to customize it or not.

Don't mean to be rude, some of these clothes models took considerable effort to get into the game, but some of the new outfits sold and found in game leave no room for customization at all, despite looking amazing.

(for example the Pestilence outfit vs something hockey clothing pack, with the pestilence being the example of what is not done right)

you know.. something to consider next time! definitely keep up tho.. always love to see new stuff. 😄

Edited by Bellenettiel
  • Like 2

Eh while I can agree with what you guys are saying I feel like I need to chime in for us basic bitches who can't design for peanuts - complex stuff lets us have nice things without having to spend hours making it look like something else. 

I totally get where you're coming from and have the utmost respect (and envy) for what all the amazing designers do, but us basic folk don't have the 500k to spend on every outfit you put up on the MH and sometimes like to make things ourselves, plus I think that adding complexity is a challenge for the designers - I really like to see what you guys can do with what APB has to offer and I'm sure in all your designing genius there is room for these new items - you've shown it yourself - you can make the most awesomest of items with some of the most unlikely of items and with a bit of time and challenge I think some of you out there can make the new stuff work. 

What I'm saying is there is room for this complex stuff but also basic stuff is nice too, I'd rather the clothing options cover a range of talents and designing skills to make the majority of players happy rather than just be filled with endless blank slates reserved just for the talented designers. (Not that I'm complaining about what you do, like I said, you're all amazing and I'm filled with envy but please have a heart for us basic bitches).

Ideally they'd release two versions - 1 complex and 1 basic (or 4 versions so that M/F get their fair balance of items) but that's just a dream.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 4

Anything that comes to clothing as same as for cars needs to be appealing for non-designers while leaving all the possible space for customization, so I'd say is all about balance, there are designers willing to make it as personal and peculiar as possible while we have also people who would like to look super cool without having to dig it so deep into the designer tools.

But when it comes to APB I think although it sounds obvious when we say its so unique due to its customization capabilities, then there is a core element that quite sure was designed in its way on purpose, just consider the ingame brand Effigy (I believe is a magazine) and you will realize it is intrinsically related with what it means to be yourself, what it means to be a citizen of San Paro, hence what it means to play APB. The word effigy itself in my opinion represents something deeply attached to our psyche, something related with how we see ourselves, how we see other human beings around us and how we expect the rest to see us in relation with a message we want to communicate through our image.

So if you look at many other games that also offer some customization, let's say GTA V to say the most average comparison I could make now, there's so plenty of items to pick from the clothing stores and yet it feels so limited when you see everyone else looking so similar to any other random character. And that's because the clothes are presets, no matter how good the designs are, there always will be that limit of creativity and that's what always will find someone who may not feel represented by a particular design.

In APB you can always add that personal touch, no matter how bad you think you are with the designing tools, sooner or later you figure you could add dots, lines, scratches, anything that will make it personal, and while  having clothing sets that help to these who doesn't want to get tangled with the designer tools helps a lot, if you look at the vast majority of items at ARMAS and ingame those are always letting the necessary space to work on it in any way you want to make it personal.

Without neglecting what has been done and disregarding the particular style of these pieces, I'm surprised of seeing what looks like some drawn details and noticing these are part of the piece itself and not something made just to show off the items.

Hope to see more stuff, I take this chance to say thank you for adding ingame items, that's just awesome! And I hope that upcoming items, either clothes, cars or even weapon skins, will fit with the game lore and the overall aesthetics of APB to keep getting us immersed in the world of San Paro.

Edited by Salvick
minor edit
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Salvick said:

Anything that comes to clothing as same as for cars needs to be appealing for non-designers while leaving all the possible space for customization, so I'd say is all about balance, there are designers willing to make it as personal and peculiar as possible while we have also people who would like to look super cool without having to dig it so deep into the designer tools.

Basically nailed it.  The "thing" with making clothing for APB is that you have to hit a good balance between being plain and having some designed elements.  Another thing is that season items are generally supposed to be specific.  The only "annoying" thing on these pants is the pentagram baked into the metal elements but that's what makes them Halloween themed as well.  LO hasn't abandoned the idea of super basic clothing, it's just that these are seasonal items so they're going to be seasonal themed.

Also note that LO is still learning how APB clothing works so don't be surprised if stuff is weird or janky.

Edited by SkittyM
  • Like 2

aren't all these "new clothing items" just a players creation with some photoshop tossed in for fun.

58443ae021f9a14f1c340104-large.jpg

Simple is best.

I think I have repeated myself so often here..

this is seasonal clothing, i think it’s perfectly fine to be unique 

half the remaining pop is sperging out wanting the witch hat even tho it’s a unique clothing item

I totally agree with this post, keep thing simple and less complex when it comes to the final design of the clothing items. 

Another big percentage of gameplay  in apb reloaded alone is the customization the game has. I also thought the Occult pants was just a preset, but according to this post it isn't (I assume th e post is correct) and it makes designing over top of something more sophisticated. The clolthing in pack of revelations is a good example of what not to create and release into the game as base clothing items. 

On 10/21/2019 at 4:25 PM, Goabea said:

yes customization is important.

On 10/21/2019 at 6:57 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

and yes some need  premade because they can not design.

which is why we need both a premade as well as a customizable for each clothing item.

its what made APB what it is for customization.

• Like 1

I hate to be that guy, but those are just leggings, converted to go on male with a bunch of added symbols? What is this new clothing?

27 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

and yes some need  premade because they can not design.

which is why we need both a premade as well as a customizable for each clothing item.

its what made APB what it is for customization.

Yes those too! AND more designer competitions to add more outfits to the JT store or even to Contacts.

12 hours ago, Solamente said:

half the remaining pop is sperging out wanting the witch hat even tho it’s a unique clothing item

They are welcome to have one of mine. 

Honestly if you are on NA and aren't Reverse, just take it off, ok?

Hi all,

We've been reading this feedback, and there were some good lessons learned on Halloween. 

In the future, we are looking at producing more general designs that have more re-usability.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, MattScott said:

and there were some good lessons learned on Halloween

It just started, there is much more to learn

1 minute ago, Hausman said:

It just started, there is much more to learn

when i see some Clothings it is better to give they not the Chance to Change o.o

On 10/22/2019 at 11:57 AM, KnifuWaifu said:

Ideally they'd release two versions - 1 complex and 1 basic (or 4 versions so that M/F get their fair balance of items) but that's just a dream

Nail on the head hit harder than anything else could have.

I dont know how easy it would be to sell 1 plain version and 1 premade version. You give the artists a canvas to work on and you give those that arent artistically skilled some nice premade clothing. Ideally everyone gets something out of new clothing this way.

On 10/22/2019 at 1:09 PM, SkittyM said:

Also note that LO is still learning how APB clothing works so don't be surprised if stuff is weird or janky.

I'vev said this before on the APB discord.

We already have a bar for quality in APB reloaded, i get that LO is working on things but it should be very easy to compare to current clothing to decide whether or not an item is viable for release.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 1

Ive haven't played the event yet so have not got the pants. 

But through the pics they are looking simple enough that designers can do thing and noobs like me can wear them as it is.

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We've been reading this feedback, and there were some good lessons learned on Halloween. 

In the future, we are looking at producing more general designs that have more re-usability.

Thanks,
Matt

It's not really totally your fault, the team before you guys where releasing the same type of content. Also, I really do appreciate the fact you gave acknowledgement to the issue. 

Edited by Doom32

Sign in to follow this