blockblack

Best weapon for a no-skill like me?

I have trouble hitting targets too... Didn't always, but stutter, freezes and lag have only gotten worse over time. If you have game sense, use your knowledge of the map and the element of surprise. JG is great for waiting around corners. If you get the first round off point blank, you can usually use your opponents panic to circle around them and get a second round off in time or finish them with a perc. Opgl is also good if you use lure tactics. You can lure someone into a tight space with your secondary, run from them and drop some nades as you run. If you time it right, they are like land mines. Or you can always camp with an osmaw or volcano. I am warning you however that people will hate your guts  and call you trash... but that's apb for you. In the end, it's not the weapon, it's how you use it.

On 10/23/2019 at 4:15 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

because rebalancing corner popping is a bad thing.

By increasing STK on pump shotguns? Yes, its a bad thing.

4 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

By increasing STK on pump shotguns? Yes, its a bad thing.

Considering its the ONLY way to fix corner popping. It might be "bad" but it forces shotguns to be like every other gun without extreme upsides.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Considering its the ONLY way to fix corner popping. It might be "bad" but it forces shotguns to be like every other gun without extreme upsides.

a) it’s not the only way to fix corner popping, even if this was an issue that needed to be fixed 

b) why do shotguns have to be used like every other gun?

that doesn’t promote gameplay variety at all, in fact it reduces it - why bother with the risks of a shotgun (lower range, less forgiving, slower ttk, semi-automatic) when there are SMGs with none of these downsides?

not to mention the only proposed shotgun changes we’ve seen will have all shotguns but the strife functioning almost exactly the same, imagine the amazing gameplay variety between “quick 3stk shotgun” and “slow 3stk shotgun”

19 hours ago, Solamente said:

a) it’s not the only way to fix corner popping, even if this was an issue that needed to be fixed 

b) why do shotguns have to be used like every other gun?

that doesn’t promote gameplay variety at all, in fact it reduces it - why bother with the risks of a shotgun (lower range, less forgiving, slower ttk, semi-automatic) when there are SMGs with none of these downsides?

not to mention the only proposed shotgun changes we’ve seen will have all shotguns but the strife functioning almost exactly the same, imagine the amazing gameplay variety between “quick 3stk shotgun” and “slow 3stk shotgun”

a. How would you fix corner popping?

The only way to effectively curb the shotguns behind cover time in comparison to every other gun, is to make them spend more time out of cover, which means? More shots need shot. (I don't believe its the "best" method, however, i have literally no other idea to fix it and i doubt LO did either.)

b. Shotguns will still be able to cornerpop, however the idea is to make them spend more time out of cover, due to their effectiveness in corner popping. It has little do do with it "being like every other gun", and more-so with making shotgun cornerplay easier to break. (it really can be a pain, it's already a pain to break corners anyways)

While I agree they do have lower range and can be less forgiving, you are downplaying how easy shotguns are to use in the first place especially with corner popping, which negates a number of the downsides the shotguns have and makes them direct positives. SMG's still have the same/similar TTK as the shotguns, and they still also miss. Cornerpopping turns what would be a more equal playing field, into a negative for the SMG or any other gun. Where as any other weapon you'd have to pop out for that amount of time, shotguns spend less time out of that cover.

Increasing STK while keeping TTK the same, makes shotguns MORE forgiving on missed/partial shots.

I see no "risk" in using a shotgun. I don't switch to shotgun thinking "oh no i'm risking x,y,z" unless its me using the strife or other weapons like the oblivion or odin series where i think "im risking it big because of the ttk/stk differences".

You act like theirs a gameplay variety between ntec, carbine, and hvr meta.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

A mix between lmg & smg, try the norseman hoenir. Try the tyr variant if you really cant handle the already low recoil.

With the mag capacity and firerate, you are garanteed to hit them at least once before dying in cqc.

9 hours ago, Talla said:

try the norseman

Jesus, you must really hate this guy.

Edited by CookiePuss