Sign in to follow this  
SuperConker

Get rid of Threat segregation, so we can actually play the game?

Get rid of Threat segregation, so we can actually play the game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Get rid of Threat segregation, so we can actually play the game?

Title says it all.

Game is actually completely unplayable for the most part, as it is now.

I get it Little Orbit, you want the game to die out, but i'm sure the players don't.

https://imgur.com/a/1LfKi36

A lot of players seem to get this wrong, so let me set this straight.

Way more people are leaving the game because they are unable to find someone to play with/against,

compared to people who leave because their OP is better than they are.

Edited by SuperConker
  • Like 1

Lol, we can't even fill a single district now? Most days I don't even want to play cause I have no contacts in Waterfront (and community harassment) and NA is a weighted coin flip on which district will be alive and the other dead... xD

Also, if we're removing threat seg, just get rid of the colored districts altogether. We just don't have the pop for them...

@MattScott you guys are EU, right? Do you guys care about NA's situation at all or is your focus primarily on EU because of it's population? Not a loaded question. just wondering if special circumstances are even possible for 1 region compared to another.

Edited by Evagelyne
quantified

25 minutes ago, SuperConker said:

Title says it all.

Game is actually completely unplayable for the most part, as it is now.

I get it Little Orbit, you want the game to die out, but i'm sure the players don't.

https://imgur.com/a/1LfKi36

that 25% full bronze district goes away with threat segregation 

10 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

@MattScott you guys are EU, right?

little orbit is an american company based primarily on the west coast afaik, that’s why most timeframes are given in pst 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

With or without? just wanna clarify your position on this

2 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

With or without? just wanna clarify your position on this

with

superconker might just want to play (and so do i tbh) but i doubt those 20 bronzes will stick around to get volcano’d by a max rank gold 

Edited by Solamente
typo

Sadly, half the people in Bronze, are high-Rank players (R200+ who DT'ed on purpose to play in Bronze).

That gives us two good reasons to not have Threat Segregation.

Edited by SuperConker

2 minutes ago, Solamente said:

with

then shouldn't it be 'without' since we have threat segregation currently and therefore why those 25% bronze players are still here? or am I too tired to process your post lmao

Didn't know you were NA 😛

zzz night shift

1 minute ago, Evagelyne said:

then shouldn't it be 'without' since we have threat segregation currently and therefore why those 25% bronze players are still here? or am I too tired to process your post lmao

Didn't know you were NA 😛

zzz night shift

if threat segregation is removed, that bronze district will disappear with it 

I doubt it would disappear, since half the people playing in Bronze right now, are high-Ranked players (who DT'ed on purpose, to go to Bronze).

15 minutes ago, Solamente said:

this means: "they'd leave if they were segregated"

4 minutes ago, Solamente said:

if threat segregation is removed, that bronze district will disappear with it

opposite to what you originally said, hence my confusion. Since they are currently segregated, and are still here, but you're saying in the original reply that they'd leave if they were segregated, but they are and are still actively playing (i.e. haven't left yet). Does that break that down enough? Lol.

Edited by Evagelyne
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

this means: "they'd leave if they were segregated"

opposite to what you originally said, hence my confusion. Since they are currently segregated, and are still here, but you're saying in the original reply that they'd leave if they were segregated, but they are and are still actively playing (i.e. haven't left yet). Does that break that down enough? Lol.

if threat segregation leaves, bronze district leaves with it

no threat segregation no bronze district

idk how to make this any more simple and at this point we're derailing the (crappy suggestion) thread

Not sure where you get the idea that Bronze is gonna disappear, there's a lot of players in Bronze, who DT'ed on purpose, so they can play in Bronze.

This basically means that Golds are already in Bronze, as of today.

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

idk how to make this any more simple and at this point we're derailing the (crappy suggestion) thread

Uhh, isn't that a good thing tho?

1 minute ago, SuperConker said:

Not sure where you get the idea that Bronze is gonna disappear, there's a lot of players in Bronze, who DT'ed on purpose, so they can play in Bronze.

This only means pieces of shit that only play APB to stomp noobs are already in bronze. So kiss them, as well as most of bronze dist pop goodbye as soon as dethreaters can't stroke their fragile egos anymore. 

Edited by CookiePuss

4 minutes ago, SuperConker said:

On 8/18/2019 at 1:27 PM, Evagelyne said:

... The difference between a Gold 10 and a Gold 1 is literally the difference between a legend and someone just barely above Silver, but there's no prestige to it...

Small excerpt from my mentality thread in my signature.

Just because they can get into bronze and are coloured gold, doesn't make them true golds.

Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken, neither does flashing yellow against weaker players make you gold.

As it is right now "real" Bronzes have no choice but to play against said Dethreaters.

Without Threat segregation, there would be a mixed bag of Bronzes, DT'ers and actual Silver/Golds in every mission.

Now this may sound horrible at first, but would actually make the matches more even for both teams.

Sure, the matchmaking makes mistakes every now and then. and makes matches uneven.

But this happens in Silver/Gold Districts too, and is down to the Matchmaking, and not Threat segregation.

As it is right now "real" Bronzes have no choice but to play against said Dethreaters.

Without Threat segregation, there would be a mixed bag of Bronzes, DT'ers and actual Silver/Golds in every mission.

Now this may sound horrible at first, but would actually make the matches more even for both teams.

Sure, the matchmaking makes mistakes every now and then. and makes matches uneven.

But this happens in Silver/Gold Districts too, and is down to the Matchmaking, and not Threat segregation.

Yeah these is super fun that is why everyone one play in the test weapons districts

at that point you would just be making the matchmaking even worse by broadening the lowest and highest available threat range

so matchmaking times would be longer because it has to search harder for a viable matchup, and those matchups would also be less balanced on average

Just now, SuperConker said:

Barely anyone plays the Weapon-test Districts, people do play the regular Action Districts.

Yeah that is for  a reason

12 minutes ago, RCooper said:

Yeah that is for  a reason

Not for the same reason though, it's basically the same reason as the Gold Districts are empty, people just don't want to play there.

So they DT, and join the Bronze.

This creates a problem where a lot of people aren't able to play anymore,

which would go away, if they do away with the Threat segregation.

Or to put it in a different way, more people are leaving the game because they are unable to play,

compared to people who leave because their OP is better than they are.

Edited by SuperConker

38 minutes ago, Solamente said:

at that point you would just be making the matchmaking even worse by broadening the lowest and highest available threat range

so matchmaking times would be longer because it has to search harder for a viable matchup, and those matchups would also be less balanced on average

So... u mean like it was before gamersfirst messed around with threat.

Was working fine (okay lets say it was better than now) for me back than! 

But it was just working cuz all threats were on all districts and there were 10+ fin and 10+ wf all of them full and that just on Obeya EU...

So its all about population!

Let's wait for phasing and see  😉

It has to stay for bronze and trainees threat.  These players should be put in the trainee districts by default.  Other than these players I agree.  The population on Jericho is so small threat segregation past a trainee district is pointless.

Edited by illgot