illgot

dethreating is not a massive issue on Jericho (probably not even on Citadel)

On 10/22/2019 at 3:46 PM, SquirrelFace said:

I constantly get placed against players who refuse to participate in the mission. Every time I play APB I run into multiple players who go AFK, ignores the objectives, team kill, suicide, ect. I stopped bothering sending reports because it's obvious they're being ignored. I guess you have to get 1000s of team kills a day for something to be done.

some people have said in district chat that they were banned for a day for going that.

I have no idea how many actually get reprimanded though.

as others have stated , there is a low population as well as how Little Orbit is working on incentive ideas.

but lets face it , we need that engine upgrade and phasing asap before the rest of the core problems can be worked on properly.

I have played on Jericho for thousands of hours and by now, hundreds of hours on Citadel. De-threaters have always been an issue. Jericho is mostly dead now but on citadel I used to see at least one every day just recently. Considering that I have not had access to bronze servers for around 6 years now, my viewpoint is rather limited. Still, I'm confident in assuming that even worse scum is in those districts.

Edited by VanilleKeks

16 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

jericho is mostly silvers and bronze players now LMAO dead game

that's pretty true.  There are maybe 15-20 real gold players running around.  I gave up focusing on winning missions or objectives because being gold just locks you to one active district and at times you can not even enter that due to the 40/40 capacity.  It's more fun just to do dailies and goof around with secondaries and the useless primaries no one uses.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, illgot said:

that's pretty true.  There are maybe 15-20 real gold players running around.  I gave up focusing on winning missions or objectives because being gold just locks you to one active district and at times you can not even enter that due to the 40/40 capacity.  It's more fun just to do dailies and goof around with secondaries and the useless primaries no one uses.

sounds suspiciously close to dethreating tbh

things like this are exactly why it’s so hard to really police dethreating in the first place

7 minutes ago, Solamente said:

sounds suspiciously close to dethreating tbh

things like this are exactly why it’s so hard to really police dethreating in the first place

call it what you want but I don't care about winning or doing objectives because that turns me gold and get locked out of the second district which means I also get locked out of that districts dailies.  My aim isn't good enough to keep me in gold alone, I have to work on objectives and win games if I want to keep gold status.

Plus I find it more fun to screw around with horrible loadouts than to win with the Ntec/Fang.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, illgot said:

call it what you want but I don't care about winning or doing objectives because that turns me gold and get locked out of the second district which means I also get locked out of that districts dailies.  My aim isn't good enough to keep me in gold alone, I have to work on objectives and win games if I want to keep gold status.

Plus I find it more fun to screw around with horrible loadouts than to win with the Ntec/Fang.

well i guess now it makes sense why you’re downplaying the dethreating issue lol

10 minutes ago, Solamente said:

well i guess now it makes sense why you’re downplaying the dethreating issue lol

no, I understand the dethreating issue.  It wouldn't be an issue if there were enough players or active districts to keep segregation based on threat, but trying to keep 4 active threats segregated is impossible with a max population of 100 people in mission districts.

Also because people are silver they ping back and forth between gold when they fight bronze/lower silvers and drop back to silver when fighting high silvers or golds.  Sad part is you can not avoid fighting real gold players if you are in the silver districts and you can not avoid fighting trainees or bronze when in the bronze districts.  There just isn't a population to support playing this game seriously.

Plus I have been playing this game since RTW days, winning offers me nothing.  I've won so many games that it's meaningless and with our low population even detrimental because it locks me out of one of two active districts (when I am gold) and can lock me out of the silver district when it fills.  There is no point in trying to win or keep gold status.

I see the problem first hand and understand that dethreating isn't the issue, it's the low population causing silvers to gain and lose threat too quickly based on a low population and inability to fight with in their threat standing.

Edited by illgot

Of what I have seen in Jericho pop is so low that all threats have to play together

and in citadel if golds played in gold more than half of the dethreathers would be gone. 

Can we really consider it a "massive" issue when it affects less than 100 players? emote.png

4 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Can we really consider it a "massive" issue when it affects less than 100 players? emote.png

50% of jericho's pop seems like a massive issue, relatively at least 

On 10/21/2019 at 8:37 PM, illgot said:

The issue is not dethreating,

Dethreating is the issue as it causes ripple effects. The player who dethreats will also inflate another players threat artificially. And those players carry these incorrect values into their next match, where it affects their next opponent.

Of course its not the exclusive cause for all threat-related matchmaking issues APB has, but it certainly adds to it. Especially with a small population, where those ripples can easily affect the majority of all players.

Also segregation by thread and visible threat colours are the root causes for dethreating, as far as I'm concerned. Segregation can not work, because for players right at the edge there is no good spot.

On 10/22/2019 at 4:00 PM, CookiePuss said:

Thats not how it works, regardless of opp threat, every match either raises or lowers threat.

If you are close to the expectations set by the threat-system for your current match, the amount by which your threat moves might be minuscule, though.

5 hours ago, FakeBungo said:

the way to fix dethreating is to remove threats

I wish they would hide threats and take away threat restrictions on all districts but the trainee district.  Our population is too small to have 1 of every threat segregating the population.

Put all Bronze and Trainees in the trainee district by default and keep them there until they turn silver.

Edited by illgot

On 10/20/2019 at 5:33 PM, illgot said:

Dethreating is not an issue.  The issue is player perception and a small gaming population.  Silvers threat players are a middle threat rating.  When Silvers go against lower skilled players , they are gold threat, when they go against higher skilled players they become silver again.  This is not dethreating, this is the result of having a small population, barely enough to fill 2 districts during prime time (Jericho).  There are not enough players to properly assign same threats so silvers jump back and forth.

Actual gold players rarely lose enough threat to drop to silver.  Actual gold players never go to bronze because of threat segregation.  Only silver threat players enter bronze because they ping back and forth between silver and gold threat due to this games small population.

There is no fix for this until the games population increases but that will not happen any time soon if ever.

The only suggestion that I know will help the game is to auto assign all trainee and bronze players to the trainee district by default.  Stop placing trainees and bronze in the "bronze" districts.  This should happen immediately so new players are no longer matched up with rank 255 silver players trolling bronze/trainee players who barely have more than the Star.

Let the new players learn the game in the trainee district and once they hit silver threat place them in the "bronze" districts.

If you want to take this idea further, remove threat segregation past the trainee district.

On Jericho we barely have enough players to fill two mission districts during prime time.  As long as we auto assign trainees and bronze to the trainee district (they are still free to move to other districts) there should be less of an issue with threat disparity in the mission districts (golds versus bronze).

We had trainee districts before and even in time years ago when apb had the highest population it was so dead and you want trainee districts back when the population 5 times less

7 hours ago, Lign said:

We had trainee districts before and even in time years ago when apb had the highest population it was so dead and you want trainee districts back when the population 5 times less

it's just to try and give bronze/trainee players a place to learn without being put against silvers and golds.

we need a way to retain players long enough for them to enjoy the game instead of being rank 15 going against a fully equipped rank 255.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, illgot said:

it's just to try and give bronze/trainee players a place to learn without being put against silvers and golds.

we need a way to retain players long enough for them to enjoy the game instead of being rank 15 going against a fully equipped rank 255.

Nothing is possible to fix with the current threat system, just wait for cross district matchmaking, it's the best and the only solution to fix that mess

On 11/7/2019 at 3:49 PM, Lign said:

Nothing is possible to fix with the current threat system, just wait for cross district matchmaking, it's the best and the only solution to fix that mess

could by default, place bronze and trainee players in the trainee district instead of placing bronze players in the bronze district.  Keep the threat restriction in place for the trainee district.

Then remove the threat listing/restrictions for the rest of the districts and just hide people's threat.

On Jericho we barely have enough to fill 2 districts (not counting the trainee district) during prime time so we certainly do not need 1 threat rating of every Waterfront/Financial open at all times.

20 minutes ago, illgot said:

could by default, place bronze and trainee players in the trainee district instead of placing bronze players in the bronze district.  Keep the threat restriction in place for the trainee district.

Then remove the threat listing/restrictions for the rest of the districts and just hide people's threat.

On Jericho we barely have enough to fill 2 districts (not counting the trainee district) during prime time so we certainly do not need 1 threat rating of every Waterfront/Financial open at all times.

As I said, we had trainee districts before and newbies were put there by default but it was so dead. So what’s the point to add it again

I was there when G1 made threat segregation. That was their biggest mistake and I hope when LO took over all of them got fired.

It still boggles my mind why LO hasn't removed the number one reason why the game is in a dead state and thats threat segragation.

A lot of people left after that infamous update and event (Gold Rush Event, the OGs know it) and never came back.

Just make a tutorial district (like in Beta) and make it accessible to people up to silver threat and R100.

Its like putting a band aid on a gaping would, but atleast its a start!

34 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

I was there when G1 made threat segregation. That was their biggest mistake and I hope when LO took over all of them got fired.

It still boggles my mind why LO hasn't removed the number one reason why the game is in a dead state and thats threat segragation.

A lot of people left after that infamous update and event (Gold Rush Event, the OGs know it) and never came back.

yeah that's when the game really started to die, i said that lots years ago

you'd log into apb and 90% of the golds would just be sitting around in social, they'd even make jokes about how apb is just second life 2

i work shift work so some times id be online all day or online all night, or half and half, didn't matter what time i was on playing in a gold district you'd just be playing the same small amount of people all the time