Lixil

Halloween costume contest

Hello everyone,

It is that time of the year when we are announcing a thematic design contest, this time in the spirit of Halloween.
The rules are simple. Come up with the best costume idea for trick or treating on the streets of San Paro. It can be something of your own creation, or a cosplay of your choosing. Then simply strike a pose and share your screenshot here with us. Please also include your in game name and server!

First place reward: 1000 G1Cs and 30 day premium + All new items from our Halloween shop
Second place reward: 500 G1Cs and 15 days premium + one choice of item from the Halloween shop
Third place reward: 250 G1Cs and 5 days premium

Other than these rewards, users winning first three places will have their outfits featured on the launcher with credits, so make sure you do your best!
The contest is opened from 20th of October until 28th of October 2019. The winners will be announced on 31st.

To make the event easier for everyone we have also made a 3 day premium code: CreepedOut2019

We are looking forward to see your creations. Good luck!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

will you be checking out the date created for the outfit? otherwise people would just use what they already have... that'd be boring tbh >_>

EDIT:

46 minutes ago, Lixil said:

The rules are simple. Come up with the best costume idea for trick or treating on the streets of San Paro. It can be something of your own creation, or a cosplay of your choosing.

also, does it have to be spooky, or literally just cosplays like regular halloween costumes (for example, as the joker, superman, link, a slice of pizza or whatever randomness we can come up with)

EDIT 2:

just as last year I gotta ask: are people allowed to post multiple outfits, or is this limited to 1 outfit per person? or maybe 1 outfit per character? maybe 2 outfits total, so we can do 1 female, 1 male?

Edited by Snubnose

26 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

will you be checking out the date created for the outfit? otherwise people would just use what they already have... that'd be boring tbh >_>

Personal bias here - my current outfit is a relatively spooky one and I want to submit it - but I feel like applying this kind of restriction could cause some viable competitors to be unable to participate just because the outfit wasn't created in the precise time frame.

Edited by MartinPL
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lixil said:

First place reward: 1000 G1Cs and 30 day premium + All new items from our Halloween shop
Second place reward: 500 G1Cs and 15 days premium + one choice of item from the Halloween shop
Third place reward: 250 G1Cs and 5 days premium

This rewards are crazy i have no chance gettin in this top 3.Have like 0 designin skills.Give like 50G1C and 1 day premium for all participants otherwise this is bllsht.Its like making fight between true gold and new bronze player and give rewards only for the winner..its same thing.Not everybody have designin talent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Char Name: GRUDZZ
Server: Citadel

RD6J5PC.jpg

dwWsXH1.jpg

Clown girl? Creepy schoolgirl? This... person. Since it's Halloween, nobody really paid attention to this person on the streets and previous witnesses have stated that they've disregarded the person for the sole excuse - It's Halloween. Reports about this costumed person have recently gone up. What really raises suspicion is the reason for these reports. They claim that the person in the costume has a terrible stench when approached. Nothing more than that. One report claims to interact with the person in question, but have gotten no response. No schools or exchange schools in the city have this dress-code. No shop has such a costume...

On 10/20/2019 at 10:56 AM, TheMessiah said:

This rewards are crazy i have no chance gettin in this top 3.Have like 0 designin skills.Give like 50G1C and 1 day premium for all participants otherwise this is bllsht.Its like making fight between true gold and new bronze player and give rewards only for the winner..its same thing.Not everybody have designin talent

Also, please stop whining and just try. Since half of the replies are complaining, you can bet your chances are crazy high. The community's small and everything counts.

EDIT: I Sent you a pretty detailed PM to discuss this in private. Just don't clutter the post.

EDIT: Added my entry

Edited by Pufty
Added entry
  • Like 1

Character name: Martinz

I've decided to also include a mock biography just for fun. I know it's not a part of the contest, but hey, I wanted to spice it up a bit... and it's an excuse for me to get my creative juices flowing 😉

If you think it's too long, just click on the top bar of the quote to hide it.

The Abington Towers Mental Asylum has always been a hellhole. The contemporary San Parite may recognize it as "that one island with a ruined hospital where all the Crims and scene kids go to rave". However, the place has a very long and tragic history - one which a lot of people would rather forget... but if you were unfortunate enough to have seen it firsthand, the Dantesque misery of the Asylum will have burned into your retinas. One such person was an employee under the name of Oliver Culus.

Those more acquainted with the Asylum's history will recognize the tragic incident that resulted in its ultimate closure - a mishandling of warfare equipment led to a large-scale chain of explosions, which ended up killing several patients and personnel of Abington Towers. As soon as the tragedy started, sending several body parts flying, leaving massacred corpses behind, no one could look away—especially not Oliver. Some of those men and women killed in the ammo crate explosions, they were meant to be under Oliver's care. Some of them had hopes of successfully reintegrating into society, though no one can be quite sure if that was them or their mental conditioning doing the talking. It didn't matter now though, because why should it? And in these circumstances, why would it? They were all dying from blood loss—or if they were "lucky" enough, already dead and past their misery.

As Oliver stood by the window, looking outward on the Dantesque imagery before his eyes, he felt immense shame and regret. He had spent so much time working with these people. Each one of them was a unique human being, with their own story to tell. They all hoped for a brighter future... and all of it was extinguished in a stupid accident. Perhaps Oliver could have done something to prevent it. Perhaps he could have carried the crates himself instead of entrusting them to people who may not be entirely up to the task. He should have been there with those people. He should have run to the exit and towards the wharf, hopefully saving at least one of them from bleeding out. But instead, he stared, disbelieving of what had just transpired. Or was it because he was so horrified at the sight of one of his patients missing a leg and crying in pain? Between him and the massacre stood the retina of his eye. The sight had been burned into his mind. It would never leave. Things like those never do.

In the havoc resulting from the tragedy, no one could quite find their bearings. In a grim coincidence, it turned out that the casualties included most of the patients assigned to doctor Oliver Culus—who himself had also mysteriously vanished. Those who survived the events through whatever circumstances, whether it was because of swift medical aid or simply not having been at the scene of the accident, were cited to have experienced mental trauma. All of the survivors, however, cited a constant feeling of unease, of being stalked or observed by someone. Some of them spoke of having outright seen a strange figure with a giant eyeball for a head looking at them from a distance, often from places normally considered impossible to reach. These confessions gave birth to the myth of the Oculus - a San Paro monster with unknown intentions, who can't speak or express anything... but it watches. And if you're lucky enough, he may never go beyond that.

No one is quite sure what happened to Oliver Culus after the wartime supply incident in Abington Towers, and his transformation into the Oculus has become a part of San Paro's street lore; an urban legend of sorts, or a prank especially prominent around Halloween, when trick-or-treaters repurpose headpieces of their costumes into giant eyes. Many people don't think the story of the Oculus is anything but a scary tale meant to discourage the San Parian youth from going to Asylum parties. Though even the most skeptic ones sometimes joke about feeling watched...

WwnO79m.pngG3fDYGX.png8RMuw2G.png

hrd7CEZ.pngu2jwt9e.png

As a disclaimer: I'm not the first person to do the whole "Snowman Head as eyeball" thing - credit for that goes to @Leefekyn. My costume is a spin on his idea - this outfit is meant to be "surreal", with no skin showing anywhere on the character, in order to give off the impression that he's not quite human. My character's eyeball head also includes those red eyestalk thingies on the back for more creep factor.

Best of luck to everyone participating in the contest!

• Like 8

Character name: saar698

Server: Jericho (NA)

Press on the pictures to see it better

20191020121208-1.jpg20191020133947-2.jpg20191020125148-1.jpg

20191020125135-1.jpg20191020125129-1.jpg

Edited by McMaster
add more pictures
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

>design contest

>complain about contest being focused on good designer skills

>hello where is brain??????

edit: guess i'll use this as my submission post as well, no color restrictions this time :^)

DXLXTXD - Jericho (NA)

3bb5ced119361fe685541ca4b0d2d042.png

images with (slightly) better gfx:

d493909dcafe31f47d5eb7b91e63a40f.png

6891f7f61ecaa66de3e7a5203092ebc3.png

Edited by Solamente
edit
  • Like 5

Character name: updog

had a few outfits lying around

Male Hatsune Miku

qE4W2Du.png

Reddit warrior

105gdg5.png

Daddy Epicgoat

oQmUkip.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds really nice, and thanks for the code, I think I might give it a try although outfits never been my thing tbh.

What's that "Halloween shop" about btw? Where can I see it?

Edited by Salvick

Character: Zatro
Server: Jericho

I've always loved how good the Strife's default skin goes with my outfit 😛

c2MU0aE.pngbZ8nwkg.png

ut7RiLW.pngf1kYthR.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

name ingame: Machine659 

name server: Citadel EU

i made panda costume with clothes. (i made all the symbols on the costume)

20191020230211_1.jpg20191020230227_1.jpg
20191021002903_1.jpg?width=993&height=55

little edit with panda mask

Edited by Machine659
  • Like 2

nobody suspects a thing...
(female 'loading character' outfit)
2pftjWG.png
HXLtOyT.png
8OnkMb6.png

Character: Snubnose
Server: EU (Citadel)

Edited by Snubnose
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Snubnose said:

EDIT:

also, does it have to be spooky, or literally just cosplays like regular halloween costumes (for example, as the joker, superman, link, a slice of pizza or whatever randomness we can come up with)

EDIT 2:

just as last year I gotta ask: are people allowed to post multiple outfits, or is this limited to 1 outfit per person? or maybe 1 outfit per character? maybe 2 outfits total, so we can do 1 female, 1 male?

What difference does it make if it was previously created?

Thanks for the contest!

Character: Selavy / Jericho (NA)
Cosplaying the awesome Imperator Furiosa from Mad Max Fury Road

nL5ZpUF.jpg

L02gbN3.jpg

Hope you like it!

Edited by Selavy
Added pics
  • Like 2

well, since we didn't get an answer if multiple entries are allowed or not, I'll just go ahead and post another one (actually a more fitting outfit than my first post).

I've made a 'Scoops Ahoy' outfit (Robin Buckley), from stranger things!

21QrT3S.png
TiuntFt.png
WwazOOc.png

here are some pictures for reference:

robin-stranger-things-gay-lesbian-156508Untitled-6.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Snubnose said:

nobody suspects a thing...
(female 'loading character' outfit)
2pftjWG.png
HXLtOyT.png
8OnkMb6.png

This is my fav!
 :classic_biggrin:
 :classic_laugh:

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lixil said:

It is that time of the year when we are announcing a thematic design contest, this time in the spirit of Halloween.

Can you guys read?
Guess not.

• Thanks 1