foscor77

Does suggestion forums get checked by LO staff?

We have a suggestion forum for game and the forums. 

Does these suggestions even get checked by the LO staff? 

LO seems to be a small team so I guess they are only working on the three big things that we all are waiting for, namely the,

- Server merge (a world server)

- Phasing

- Engine upgrade

So they might not be paying attention to other small things which is wrong but also seems reasonable as the LO staff is small and we need big things to stir the playerbase of Apb. 

But do they even like at least note down the suggestions or bookmark the threads they find worth working on later? Or does all the threads get completely ignored?

Im inclining to believe they are getting ignored so from now on im gonna stop recommending and discussing suggestion untill I (we?) get a word from the staff.

• Like 1

we already had some suggestions done by Little Orbit here and there so yes they do.

a lot of it they can not do at the moment since they are upgrading the engine since it is a core problem of getting the rest done with apb

most problems can not begin to be worked on without it.

there used to be a pinned post in the suggestions forum saying orbit reads it, maybe the removal of that means they aren’t anymore 

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

there used to be a pinned post in the suggestions forum saying orbit reads it, maybe the removal of that means they aren’t anymore 

I dont think they would implement  anything of that list before the engine upgrade,a shame though because there are some ez ones

6 hours ago, RCooper said:

because there are some ez ones

Just because something seems like an easy thing to change doesn't mean it would actually be an easy one to fully implement into this spaghetti code.

Don't get me wrong, there are probably some really easy ones but not sure if they should dedicate dev time to those right now.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Just because something seems like an easy thing to change doesn't mean it would actually be an easy one to fully implement into this spaghetti code.

Don't get me wrong, there are probably some really easy ones but not sure if they should dedicate dev time to those right now.

for example making the black steelies of the han veo avalaible to players for example is something that would cost almost nothing becuase they are already implemented in the game

37 minutes ago, RCooper said:

for example making the black steelies of the han veo avalaible to players for example is something that would cost almost nothing becuase they are already implemented in the game

If they're not available as a separate item they would still need to be taken out of the full set/item, 

As mentioned in the Q&A they know they're lacking on the cars/kits side of things and will be working on that as well.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, Kevkof said:

https://youtu.be/EKvAdRXOeYY#t=1h26m57s
Q: Are we going to see any new carkits for some of the less popular cars like for example some of the pickup trucks, some of the kind of saloon vehicles. 
A: Admittedly, cars are the one content place where we're still kind of learning the ropes. So, we've got a new car that was done largely before we even took over but the content team and the art team need to dive in a little bit. I want to say yes, because I feel like the cars have been a little stagnant so certainly adding kits and juicing some of the lesser used cars would be a lot of fun. It's a little lower on the roadmap, I think we want to do a little bit of hard charging on the clothing right now. And then we'll work our way towards cars and more kits. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

If they're not available as a separate item they would still need to be taken out of the full set/item, 

As mentioned in the Q&A they know they're lacking on the cars/kits side of things and will be working on that as well.

okey thanks for the information

I hope not. 99% of the stuff in that section is garbage.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I hope not. 99% of the stuff in that section is garbage.

That's just... Sad.

Edited by foscor77

Yeah they do, they just have more important stuff to work on at the moment.  They've recently implemented the double shotgun and katana harnesses that have been suggested for years.  To be honest though a lot of stuff suggested there is just plain stupid (Not saying everything is, just a lot of it) or doesn't fit APB at all, or would be extremely difficult to implement in the current engine, which is most likely why a lot of suggestions don't get implemented.