4 minutes ago, Mr Derp said:

A friend and I played with nothing but pistols to improve our pistol skills. He dropped to silver in the process. Our gameplay was absolute garbage while we figured out which tactics to use, but eventually improved. Someone who called backup and got us might get all salty and view it as an attempt at dethreating, but it legitimately wasn't. 

Yes I can see how stat padding could be confused as dethreating.

Displaying matchmaking ranks at its finest.

Its good when it works, and everyone gets to show off how big their epeen is.

When it doesnt work, i.e. APB matchmaking, its garbage and breeds toxicity. When you get dispatched into that mission, 3 golds vs 2 golds + 1 silver, you're immediately thinking to yourself WTF why do I have a silver??? balance??? fairness??? G1 are trash!!! fuck apb!!! I am going to dethreat.

If the matchmaking ranks were hidden and you got put into the same 3v3 match, you would mark it down as a GG since the game isn't telling you off the bat...hey this guy is of lesser skill than the other 5 players in the match.

18 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

Displaying matchmaking ranks at its finest.

Its good when it works, and everyone gets to show off how big their epeen is.

When it doesnt work, i.e. APB matchmaking, its garbage and breeds toxicity. When you get dispatched into that mission, 3 golds vs 2 golds + 1 silver, you're immediately thinking to yourself WTF why do I have a silver??? balance??? fairness??? G1 are trash!!! fuck apb!!! I am going to dethreat.

If the matchmaking ranks were hidden and you got put into the same 3v3 match, you would mark it down as a GG since the game isn't telling you off the bat...hey this guy is of lesser skill than the other 5 players in the match.

I have been stuck at silver because I haven't touched the game in 3 years and my mouse is broken.

I don't care, because I know what the problem is, if you are silver, you got a problem, simple as that. Also I have been face rolling with shaw all over, people keep crying that I am snapping lmao.

EDIT: Oh shiz I just remember this whole thread is pointless because we have open threat districts and only closet silvers play there. Get real please, returning players will barf if you remove threat.

Edited by Puffdragon

If we start enforcing dethreating rules then we need to also remove restrictions on district joining. If someone is gold and they want to play in Waterfront to finish leveling a contact but only silver waterfront has a decent population, then they're essentially screwed out of leveling that contact. I had a situation recently where I'm silver and my friend was gold, silver waterfront was 40/40 full and financial had something like 12/12 or whatever. Barely any pop to play on financial and waterfront was full. So we basically just couldn't play the game because the population was really badly distributed.

People who win consistently shouldn't be punished by being pushed out of the only servers that are routinely populated. That's a quick way to lose players. Especially if it's a low-rank that gets carried several times in a row and turns "yellow"

common sense should tell you what dethreating is defined as and those who willingly do it know whats coming.

whats their to be afraid of? LO knows their stuff.

4 minutes ago, Freewind said:

If we start enforcing dethreating rules then we need to also remove restrictions on district joining. If someone is gold and they want to play in Waterfront to finish leveling a contact but only silver waterfront has a decent population, then they're essentially screwed out of leveling that contact. I had a situation recently where I'm silver and my friend was gold, silver waterfront was 40/40 full and financial had something like 12/12 or whatever. Barely any pop to play on financial and waterfront was full. So we basically just couldn't play the game because the population was really badly distributed.

People who win consistently shouldn't be punished by being pushed out of the only servers that are routinely populated. That's a quick way to lose players. Especially if it's a low-rank that gets carried several times in a row and turns "yellow"

That isn't how threat works, you can't carry people, if that's the case they will turn silver first mission by themselves. If you are last on the scoreboard you will dethreat, bottom line.

has anyone come up with any idea how they could or would enforce the rules against dethreats? :classic_huh:

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Matt also said that the process of threat change needs to take longer, presumeably both going up and going down in threat. I assume the hope is that this will make the process of intentional dethreating more trouble than it is worth, as well as making it less likely you threat up after a few lucky matches. 

We will see though. 

yea it seams too easy to do! It should be made to take ages to do it. Would probably put not so much of a total end to it but make it something that people just couldnt be arsed doing any more.

Just now, Ldy_Natalia said:

has anyone come up with any idea how they could or would enforce the rules against dethreats? :classic_huh:

Just make the dethreat have a cool down, once they hit gold make it stick for a couple days so they get obliterated in silver district.

maybe threat should only be shown once a round is finished in the score board so you get put in a team with people without knowing what level they may be at

Edited by Seedy
addition to comment bla

Just now, Seedy said:

maybe threat should only be shown once a round is finished in the score board

I like that idea, but why? If they are dethreating it's because they want to get to the noobs. So prevent them from getting the noobs somehow.

It would be really hard to enforce a rule against dethreating i assume. What i believe they will do is fix the current threat system and make it actually mean something when you hit gold. The way i play I'm 110% a silver player. I'm not bad but i'm not great either when it comes to playing this game. When i personally join a gold server i will get stomped on constantly to the point where my rage gets the best of me. I would say i win in gold districts maybe 30% of the time and loose 70 percent of the time. Now when i play on a silver server it's much more enjoyable that the fact is I'm usually playing against people at my own skill and it seems to me that there's a bit more casual players on bronze districts. When i personally play on a bronze district i say i win maybe 50% or 60% of the time and loose 40% or 50% of the time and i'm absolutely fine with that. I'm curious if they will just push out warnings to people who do dethreat or will they just wait until they have more of a concrete idea on how to fix this issue rather than just tossing out bans. Personally i don't believe that tossing out bans for people dethreating is such a great idea at this given moment knowing the state of the game and how new Little Orbit is to the game, but that's just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

Just now, Puffdragon said:

I like that idea, but why? If they are dethreating it's because they want to get to the noobs. So prevent them from getting the noobs somehow.

the "stay at that level for ages" idea makes the most sense i think. If you get up to gold and your shit hot you should stay there for a while without being able to come down in threat. It dosnet make sense to be able to come down so quickly as well. Seems like something that would be pretty simple to fix too.

1 minute ago, Seedy said:

the "stay at that level for ages" idea makes the most sense i think. If you get up to gold and your shit hot you should stay there for a while without being able to come down in threat. It dosnet make sense to be able to come down so quickly as well. Seems like something that would be pretty simple to fix too.

I honestly hope they add some sort of mechanic like it is in Rainbow Six Siege or Overwatch. Where you have certain "zones" (not too sure what to call it like 0-1000 in overwatch would be bronze) in which every time you win or loose you gain a certain amount of points to the next ranks or in this case threat. So 0-500 is bronze 500-1000 is silver and 1000-1500 is gold. All in all i personally think it's going to be tough to combat dethreating.

I dont get why the people who are the best at the game dont want to show that off? I remember back in the RTW days, when a seriously high ranked player came in to /d it was announced. When that was took away I just though we are all equally unequal now. I want to have people to look up to in the game so that I have something to aspire to. Although G1 was a cash cow so that was probably a move towards making the game more "Casual". I dont know..

I always just dethreated to go to more populated servers, now that's becoming a non issue so no reason to. Also being silver allows more backup to join I love larger groups. As gold you only get 4 v 4 with silver you can get those 6v6 or 8v8 missions 🙂

Edited by Antemalagon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

APB sort of has got more competitive districts (where threat matters) than regular ones and the majority of the community is on the competitive part. So like, if you want to just play for fun with your friends, who might not be at the same threat range, it creates a problem of sorts. 

On the other side, there are those dorks who justify dethreating because they had "no other choice", but to pray on new players for self-fulfillment. I honestly am agreeing more and more with the idea of everything or at least the majority of the districts being "open-districts".

I think that just changing the wording on the district names and having a better more describing wording on matchmaking than ON or OFF would guide people more to current open conflict style districts:

• Change normal districts to competitive and re-word matchmaking description to say something like "skill-based matchmaking"
  • Change open conflict to casual and describe matchmaking with "equal size teams"
  • Do some re-arrangement of the big pictures on district select and then call it a day and see what happens.
Edited by Chinook
formatting

1 hour ago, Senpai said:

It would be really hard to enforce a rule against dethreating i assume. What i believe they will do is fix the current threat system and make it actually mean something when you hit gold. The way i play I'm 110% a silver player. I'm not bad but i'm not great either when it comes to playing this game. When i personally join a gold server i will get stomped on constantly to the point where my rage gets the best of me. I would say i win in gold districts maybe 30% of the time and loose 70 percent of the time. Now when i play on a silver server it's much more enjoyable that the fact is I'm usually playing against people at my own skill and it seems to me that there's a bit more casual players on bronze districts. When i personally play on a bronze district i say i win maybe 50% or 60% of the time and loose 40% or 50% of the time and i'm absolutely fine with that. I'm curious if they will just push out warnings to people who do dethreat or will they just wait until they have more of a concrete idea on how to fix this issue rather than just tossing out bans. Personally i don't believe that tossing out bans for people dethreating is such a great idea at this given moment knowing the state of the game and how new Little Orbit is to the game, but that's just my opinion of course.

Mate... I'm in the same situation as yours. I play the game Since 2014 and joined the Forums in 2016, but my pace still not the same as the majority of the players that lives on the Silver districts.

I think LO wants to use the carrot more than the stick, especially when it comes to dethreating. 

Once they slow down threat change it will both make it less likely that players will go gold after a few lucky missions, as well as make it much more tiresom to dethreat. 

MattScott has already said he views having to ban players as a failure, so I doubt we will see punishment nearly as much as we will see changes to the mechanics of threat estimation themselves. 

Didn't Matt clearly state dethreating as an exploit? If I'm not wrong, exploiting is generally considered as bad as cheating, so it should be technically punishable...

I know dethreating is bad for newcommers.I am a borderline gold,which means naturally i fall up and down in the rankings,which means i am good in bronze and not good in silver districts.Also if i want to play with my bronze noobs friends i have to be silver :/ we need some things to change