cheater

Discussing the new update on the Engine upgrade tracking

Second, we took this new stats engine and ran a series of test runs that isolate as many variables as possible. For instance, we tracked performance in Financial at midnight across APB 1.20 and APB 2.1. We use night time, because the game generally runs worse at night due to the extra lights that turn on. Each of us used different test machines, but mine was on the less powerful side with a 4 core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80GHz, an Nvidia GTX 1050, and 32GB ram. For the test we ran at the highest settings but used 1024x768 windowed mode to generate a lot of windows background interference. We also run no vsync and no smooth frame rate to get the highest rates possible.

Who benchmarks a game on a laptop? just goes to show how professional everything is here.
Also this engine upgrade doesnt matter as long it wont fix the stutters.

Edited by cheater
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cheater said:

Who benchmarks a game on a laptop? just goes to show how professional everything is here.

Those are Matt's personal numbers. Using a laptop is quite a bit easier if you're frequently on the move.

He literally says that the different machines were used which also needs to be done. His specs were on the lower end of the machines used for this comparison so it seems fairly logical to me that the others are desktops

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

Those are Matt's personal numbers. Using a laptop is quite a bit easier if you're frequently on the move.

He literally says that the different machines were used which also needs to be done. His specs were on the lower end of the machines used for this comparison so it seems fairly logical to me that the others are desktops

Doesnt matter, You dont post personal numbers from a HQ CPU to "track" an engine upgrade, its like the first ever blogpost we received with the engine upgrade benchmarked on 4K Ryzens only.

99% of the people wont play this game in 4k and not everyone uses a Ryzen.
Unprofessional. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cheater said:

Doesnt matter, You dont post personal numbers from a HQ CPU to "track" an engine upgrade, its like the first ever blogpost we received with the engine upgrade benchmarked on 4K Ryzens only.

99% of the people wont play this game in 4k and not everyone uses a Ryzen.
Unprofessional. 

I view this more as proof of concept type of data rather than the full final proofs you (and I) would love to get. But ye, more info is always fun. 

On the other hand, he could also just not post anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

None of the benchmarks are useful since they aren't run in a full district with customized player characters. Before anyone says anything about minimizing run to run variance by not having players in district actually having heavily customized character playing will shows more real world numbers. 

Edited by ForeverCrooked
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ForeverCrooked said:

none of the benchmarks are useful since they aren't run in a full district with customized player characters.   

They are indeed not what you would need to compare to your current live experience. 

But they are ran in the same conditions on both 1.20 and 2.1 so you can draw conclusions from that 

Edited by Kevkof
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

They are indeed not what you would need to compare to your current live experience. 

But they are ran in the same conditions on both 1.2 and 2.1 so you can draw conclusions from that 

really because on empty districts live runs fine other than garbage collection 

Not sure what your criticism has to do with the point that was illustrated in the update?

It's just an example to visualize the current main target of work. Not that difficult to comprehend if someone doesn't just try to blindly hate.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ForeverCrooked said:

really because on empty districts live runs fine other than garbage collection 

Ye, but if there are performance discrepancies between 1.20 and 2.1 on empty instances I'd prefer those to be fixed as well thx 

Of course the perfomance needs to be tested with fully customized characters and filled instances, don't get me wrong. But I'm sure that will get its time under the microscope

Edited by Kevkof

The laptop part is not an issue, it's basically the average PC rig users use. What I'm concerned about is this:

...ran at the highest settings but used 1024x768 windowed mode to generate a lot of windows background interference. 

Like, why? It's super counter intuitive to run ANY game in windowed mode, especially on that resolution. Why not fullscreen or fullscreen windowed @ low settings & different resolutions?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 悲しい春 said:

Like, why? It's super counter intuitive to run ANY game in windowed mode, especially on that resolution. Why not fullscreen or fullscreen windowed @ low settings & different resolutions?

Why though, these are not supposed to be full final perfomance numbers. These are to compare between 1.20 and 2.1.

The reason for most of those is just to make it harder on the system to get a near 'worst case' situation.

1 hour ago, cheater said:

Who benchmarks a game on a laptop?

anyone with a gaming or professional laptop would.

1 hour ago, cheater said:

Also this engine upgrade doesnt matter as long it wont fix the stutters.

where did anyone ever say it did not? can you show me?