Sarkela

R5 3400g performance?

Hi, so im thinking on buyin the r5 3400g,with 8gb of ddr4 3000mhz ram, what kind of performance could i get? Maybe someone has a simmilar apu with the vega 11 gpu? How much fps do you get and on what settings? 

• Like 1

Buying a PC just for APB is not a good idea...

6 hours ago, Shrub said:

why not?

7 hours ago, Shrub said:

I didnt say im buying it just for apb, just building a entry level system and im wondering how apb reloaded would preform since i couldnt find any test results online. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Offline said:

why not?

because apb can have wildly different performance from pc to pc, even on similar/the same hardware - it’s just not a good game atm for benchmarking 

Entry level systems are bad idea but thats just my opinion. Anyway you'd be better off buying processor and graphics separately if you plan on gaming. In mmo's you could get severely bottlenecked by your cpu or gpu possibly both (I'm betting on cpu) and in sigleplayer games by gpu only probably. I also recommend getting at least 16 gigs of ram if you want to have browser open (among other things) in background when gaming or on a second monitor.

If anyone's at least slightly serious about gaming, apu's are a bad idea since they were designed for office computers not much more beyond that.

Edited by jerycho

3 hours ago, jerycho said:

Entry level systems are bad idea but thats just my opinion. Anyway you'd be better off buying processor and graphics separately if you plan on gaming. In mmo's you could get severely bottlenecked by your cpu or gpu possibly both (I'm betting on cpu) and in sigleplayer games by gpu only probably. I also recommend getting at least 16 gigs of ram if you want to have browser open (among other things) in background when gaming or on a second monitor.

If anyone's at least slightly serious about gaming, apu's are a bad idea since they were designed for office computers not much more beyond that.

I guess you missed my point, im building an entry system because im on a budget, yes they are not great but its better than nothing and i dont plan on playing too much especially triple a titled games and the ryzen 5 3400g is a great cost because its a capable cpu with the best igpu in the world (igpu is just a bonus while the cpu costs less than the 2400g while having better preformence) , while vega 11 was designed not just for Office but also light gaming like esports titles and such, anyway all i wanted to know if anyone played apb with a ryzen apu or vega igpu and wanted to know how was the preformence, i dont care if it varies it just gives me more of an indea, because i cant find any information searching the web. 

Btw this is my main account, i forgot the password but i reset it

Edited by dzekydeblau

10 hours ago, dzekydeblau said:

I guess you missed my point, im building an entry system because im on a budget, yes they are not great but its better than nothing and i dont plan on playing too much especially triple a titled games and the ryzen 5 3400g is a great cost because its a capable cpu with the best igpu in the world (igpu is just a bonus while the cpu costs less than the 2400g while having better preformence) , while vega 11 was designed not just for Office but also light gaming like esports titles and such, anyway all i wanted to know if anyone played apb with a ryzen apu or vega igpu and wanted to know how was the preformence, i dont care if it varies it just gives me more of an indea, because i cant find any information searching the web. 

Btw this is my main account, i forgot the password but i reset it

what country do you live and how much do you want to spend 

I got a ryzen 7 2700x and it works well. I don't know how much of a difference the r5 is but it if it's better than the FX8350 you shouldn't have much issue.

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I got a ryzen 7 2700x and it works well. I don't know how much of a difference the r5 is but it if it's better than the FX8350 you shouldn't have much issue.

The 3400g is 50% better than FX8350, but what i want to know is if the vega 11 can get any decent preformence in apb xd

9 hours ago, HardStyler3 said:

what country do you live and how much do you want to spend 

Why do you want to know that? Im from the eu, and i only want to spend 300 euros, i am buying my parts cheaper from a family member that knows peoole, i also already ordered the parts and they are on the way, i just want to know how much fps can you get with the igpu vega 11 on apb 😛 i am planing to buy an rx570 or 580 in a few months

Even though APB is a really cpu intansive game, i am sure the integrated Vega 11 gpu is going to your bottleneck. Not many people play games with a integrated gpu so there is hard to find the information you are asking for. I am sure somebody who has a Ryzen 3 with Vega 11 could do some benchmarks for you, but since you already ordered the parts...what's the point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeadPixels said:

Even though APB is a really cpu intansive game, i am sure the integrated Vega 11 gpu is going to your bottleneck. Not many people play games with a integrated gpu so there is hard to find the information you are asking for. I am sure somebody who has a Ryzen 3 with Vega 11 could do some benchmarks for you, but since you already ordered the parts...what's the point.

I guess so 😕

Honestly, it should work? APB runs on around 20 fps with intel hd 5500 at 720p. You should be able to get around 60 fps if you tweak some settings, it just depends on how good the game handles APUs. It should be fine until you upgrade to an rx 570/580 like you said earlier. I'd recommend the 580 over the 570 seeing as they almost cost the same, might be different where you live. And don't go with 8gb of ram if you are going to use an APU, seeing as you can get more performance by assigning more vram to the APU from your ram. Which will leave you with 4 or 6gb of ram, depending on how much you want to assign to your APU.

• Thanks 1

Just get a GPU, you won't be able to game much without that. I've tested a couple of my systems and my friends' and I can tell you most 4+ core processors will run it similarily since they all have mostly the same single-core performance. 

You should be fine as APB isn't very graphics intensive. Expect RX 550-like performance.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dzekydeblau said:

The 3400g is 50% better than FX8350, but what i want to know is if the vega 11 can get any decent preformence in apb xd

Why do you want to know that? Im from the eu, and i only want to spend 300 euros, i am buying my parts cheaper from a family member that knows peoole, i also already ordered the parts and they are on the way, i just want to know how much fps can you get with the igpu vega 11 on apb 😛 i am planing to buy an rx570 or 580 in a few months

because prices of pc hardware vary really really hard from country to country.

you could easily build a decent pc with 300€ in many eu countries but since you dont tell i cant look it up

Kangz

Edited by Shrub

That CPU will get you 100+ fps with a dedicated GPU, but I cannot comment on the integrated GPU. You will need to use the advanced launcher to reduce RAM usage since it's sharing RAM. Get 16GB of RAM for future proofing. Most modern games will eat through 8GB of RAM, and APB will too with the new engine.

Make sure your motherboard has the option to disable HPET. It's known to cause low fps in APB.

Edited by SquirrelFace
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SquirrelFace said:

That CPU will get you 100+ fps with a dedicated GPU, but I cannot comment on the integrated GPU. You will need to use the advanced launcher to reduce RAM usage since it's sharing RAM. Get 16GB of RAM for future proofing. Most modern games will eat through 8GB of RAM, and APB will too with the new engine.

Make sure your motherboard has the option to disable HPET. It's known to cause low fps in APB.

with some sacrifices they could easily get playable ( ~60 ) framerates. I remember someone in this forum reporting back with a 2200g and at 1080p with a bunch of settings pushed to medium they'd still get ~40

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nitronik said:

with some sacrifices they could easily get playable ( ~60 ) framerates. I remember someone in this forum reporting back with a 2200g and at 1080p with a bunch of settings pushed to medium they'd still get ~40

You can get 60+ fps on hardware that is older than APB with some tweaks. I'm curious what the integrated GPU can do. It gets 80fps average in Fortnite at 1080p.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

You can get 60+ fps on hardware that is older than APB with some tweaks. I'm curious what the integrated GPU can do. It gets 80fps average in Fortnite at 1080p.

I can only add my story of going from a gtx770 (970 had died) to an RTX card and seeing no difference whatsoever. 

APB really is a CPU based game. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SquirrelFace said:

It's an Nvidia GT1030 in terms of performance. Not excellent but absolutely not something you should be scoffing at.

50 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I can only add my story of going from a gtx770 (970 had died) to an RTX card and seeing no difference whatsoever. 

APB really is a CPU based game. 

We're talking GPU power here so low it may bottleneck the CPU, the GTX is in a different league!

• Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for your responses now im hyped to get this apu, also Im from Lithuania and prices here are pretty high, im gonna get it this weekend and update the thread on how it preforms for future refference

In my experience, apb is mostly reliant on cpu. 6 core cpu that runs every other game flawlessly struggles with apb. It ran better way back when I had a single core cpu (2008).Gpu upgrades and advanced launcher have done nothing for my performance yet my system can run gta5 at a solid 100fps and oculus titles without any performance issues. Unless you want to spend a fortune on new parts, cross your fingers and hope the engine upgrade improves performance on modern CPU's.

the 3400g should be fine with APB ,

the game has fairly low graphic demands and the cpu should get you at least  90 - 100 fps

i'd be surprised if it didn't quite frankly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1