Sign in to follow this  
safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs

banning players for "innapropriate language"

why do you choose to ban people for this? wouldnt it be better to just chat ban them instead? problem solved and also you wont lose people either. because believe me, there are players abusing cheats who after numerous reports are still there playing... yet there are players being banned for mouthing off at others for valid reasons such as the unfair matchmaking, being harassed, dethreaters ruining their matches, being griefed and/or just being rage hacked against... 

/discuss

Edited by safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

why do you ban people for this? wouldnt it be better to just chat ban them instead? problem solved and also you wont lose people.

/discuss

Lets not talk about how the NPCs curse all the time, talk about throwing people off a parking garage to their death, or how they were in a sex ring though, APB Reloaded is a safe space.

Edited by Guest
community downvotes any valid criticism at all whatsoever or anything that remotely isnt nice about LO lmao.

Without knowing exactly what you were banned for, there is no way for me to judge the situation.

On top of that, given your role, I don't feel I can trust you to be honest in explaining it.

Support ticket removed. ~@mayii

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Without knowing exactly what you were banned for, there is no way for me to judge the situation.

On top of that, given your role, I don't feel I can trust you to be honest in explaining it.

Im not here to complain about being banned dude... just read the first post its pretty much all im saying. cause it happens and im curious as to why do they 3 day and perm ban people who just talk shit to people instead of just mute them since they arent banning other forms of toxicity like dethreating and hacking. ESPECIALLY when there are ways in-game to block people's chat entirely by just /ignore or disabling any of the chats.

7 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Did you tell people about the juice again?

Idk about what that even means, everything is in the first post... you talk trash and get reported you get banned and im asking why not just mute the players instead? player stays and is also handled. you have players intentionally dethreating and not even being penalized for it... and also players cheating and we all know how that goes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darok70 said:

Um...banning people from chatting seems more valid. I agree.

Well, oout of my own experience i can tell that LO does it like that.

1st infraction - mute Player from Chat for 24 hours

2nd infraction - ban Player from playing for 24 hours

3rd infraction - probably 1 Week ban

and after that permanent but i dont know if the last 2 things are handled like that since i didn't get that far.

Lilke the others think it's pretty hard to ban someone for inappropriate language - just mute them from Chat and let them Play since we Need any Player to Keep that game alive

Imo if someone can not ignore ppl talking bullshoot than he should leave the Internet 🤔

APB is rated M > "strong language"...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kakalaki said:

Well, oout of my own experience i can tell that LO does it like that.

1st infraction - mute Player from Chat for 24 hours

2nd infraction - ban Player from playing for 24 hours

3rd infraction - probably 1 Week ban

and after that permanent but i dont know if the last 2 things are handled like that since i didn't get that far.

Lilke the others think it's pretty hard to ban someone for inappropriate language - just mute them from Chat and let them Play since we Need any Player to Keep that game alive

How come I got skipped from the 1st and got sent straight to the second.

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

How come I got skipped from the 1st and got sent straight to the second.

Poor Zombie 😞

9 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

Support ticket removed. ~@mayii

Im not here to complain about being banned dude... just read the first post its pretty much all im saying. cause it happens and im curious as to why do they 3 day and perm ban people who just talk shit to people instead of just mute them since they arent banning other forms of toxicity like dethreating and hacking. ESPECIALLY when there are ways in-game to block people's chat entirely by just /ignore or disabling any of the chats.

Because they are breaking the rules?

And doing so even after being warned?

Come on man, you shouldn't have to ask that. 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

why do you choose to ban people for this? wouldnt it be better to just chat ban them instead? problem solved and also you wont lose people either. because believe me, there are players abusing cheats who after numerous reports are still there playing... yet there are players being banned for mouthing off at others for valid reasons such as the unfair matchmaking, being harassed, dethreaters ruining their matches, being griefed and/or just being rage hacked against... 

/discuss

That's Simple...:

because they can't or they don't have a game developer team.

dunno what sort of 'INAPROPRIATE LANGUAGE' you mean.

swears or slurs?

hell i wouldnt be surprised if they would ban u for going 'revolution of our time' and shit lmao

its not about cussing or inappropriate type of language its more about the guidelines of Harassment to other players 

PLAYER MAY NOT, IN CONNECTION WITH PLAYER'S USE OF APB Reloaded SERVICES:

1. Harass, threaten or embarrass another Player of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such Player, or any other person or entity. Any form of personal attack upon a player by another player is strictly prohibited. APB Reloaded does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any Player who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

menwhile vajeena and breast henging on grafitti and npc swering they be rap me :))

Edited by SalomaLeal

57 minutes ago, SalomaLeal said:

menwhile vajeena and breast henging on grafitti and npc swering they be rap me :))

Vagoobies not allowed. 

Just chesticles. 

On 10/18/2019 at 4:51 PM, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

/discuss

the only ones i have heard of who were banned for this were the ones who had severe infractions for this on numerous occasions.

11 hours ago, demonshinta said:

its not about cussing or inappropriate type of language its more about the guidelines of Harassment to other players 

1. Harass, threaten or embarrass another Player of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such Player, or any other person or entity. Any form of personal attack upon a player by another player is strictly prohibited. APB Reloaded does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any Player who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.

better change that rule to make more sense.

otherwise calling someone a shitter will make them cry mami and report lmao

3 hours ago, Alani said:

better change that rule to make more sense.

otherwise calling someone a shitter will make them cry mami and report lmao

Trust me, you can be banned for that with enough reports. You dont have to curse or even say racist things. 

17 hours ago, demonshinta said:

Beat me to it there, Demonshinta.

To emphasise the rule above however; 

Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.

Call them an arse if you have to, just don't call them a Black, white, Yankie, Turk, Russian, gay, whatever arse.

Sign in to follow this