Sign in to follow this  
AveragePlayer

The real issue is not the gold dethreating it is the same issue i that has been slowly killing the game for years.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, Thial said:

Very fresh, unique and original view on the situation... 

You do realize that it's impossible to stop the cheaters ?

Even gigantic companies which are running CS:GO, Overwatch, Apex Legends, PUBG and other games have exactly the same problem.

It's a constant race between cheat devs and anti cheat devs + a constant problem of where to draw the line between a legit pro and a cheater.

yet I played no game where cheating was such a big issue as in APB. in CS:Go you can go to another server but with the APB's low pop you can not go elsewhere. APB and how the game works makes the cheater issue more problematic than other games. Especially on low pop servers.

maybe if we have district crossing MM we will get less of them since they have to play vs their own much more often

EAC is doing more than people think tbh.

8 hours ago, Spy said:

I already said that it won't work on a low populated game, my statement was based on an engine upgraded large populated game.

Also, locking a phone to an apb account for 'cheat protection' will not work either, loads of uncharged simcards are free these days so it will defenately not stop cheaters. Besides that, I'm pretty sure lots of people in general will be uncomfortable with sharing their personal phonenumber with any smalltown gamepublisher. The 'CSGO method' has a better chance of succeeding with a $10 Armas spending. It will make cheaters think twice before they reroll and spend more $. 

10$ is nothing for rerolls. They spend it everytime for 99g1c clothes

4 hours ago, Boxo said:

maybe but it's job is still horrible when obvious  cheaters can roam for weeks.

10 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

That’s part of the double-edged nature of the solution, it could be mitigated by maybe having the blacklist a small list so a single player can't have the entire district blacklisted. Or maybe having the blacklist reset every week? Day? Or on log out? 

But if a player has gotten to the point where they can't find any OP due to having the whole district blacklisted - the issue probably exists with that player and not the district, like everyone in this thread has stated the whole game isn't full of cheaters it's just a couple of toxic ones that ruin the fun, so we should have the choice to not play against those since detection and prosecution of toxic players is a long and difficult process.

*IF* players want to abuse the blacklist by putting players who simply beat them on the list rather than were being toxic - that's their issue imo, you reap what you sow.

I do see another exploit thinking about it - a gold puts all the golds on the blacklist and now they only get matched with silvers/bronzes once the matchmaking goes into "find any player" mode. But that can be solved by removing the "find any player" mode. Again, if a player is blacklisting so many other players that they run out of OP - the issue is them, not the game.

it’ll never work right tbh, maybe if we get phasing and a huge population boost

without those two things at the very least any players/groups of sufficiently high skill will get less and less opp (and matchmaking is already annoyingly slow for these cases) as they steamroll through the district 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

I've seen cheaters get banned in less than an hour, and once they got it banning automatically it will probably be more consistent with the times.
But private cheats is something we will never fully get rid of..

Edited by Boxo
better, kyouki?

On 11/7/2019 at 12:19 AM, StraaZi said:

the players did not leave the gold district to get easier mm on silver. they left because all the cheaters played on the gold districts at that time.

No, we didn't.

We left because there wasn't anyone left in gold to play against.

12 hours ago, Boxo said:

8 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

^ this. It can do more if it was updated more often however LO has the same tactic that G1 did and its been proven a failed tactic. LO needs to get stricter if they really want to knock this issue down and get more ppl to play. Unless they do that the issue will remain as is.

57 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

It can do more if it was updated more often however LO has the same tactic that G1 did

What is this tactic and how do you know?

...honest questions

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What is this tactic and how do you know?

...honest questions

One form of anti cheat with lazy GMs who only acc banned with nothing else done to keep them out. Hell now GMs cant even ban anyone.

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

One form of anti cheat with lazy GMs who only acc banned with nothing else done to keep them out. Hell now GMs cant even ban anyone.

Staff GMs can ban afaik. LO doesn't feel comfortable letting players ban other players. 

We are currently using one of the best anti cheats in the industry, neitherPunkBuster nor Fairfight are even in the same league.

It is weird tho, pretty much all day most days Im chatting with a bunch of daily Jericho players, both mission and fight club junkies. 

Cheaters on Jericho almost never come up. 

I just don't know where you are seeing all these cheaters. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Staff GMs can ban afaik. LO doesn't feel comfortable letting players ban other players. 

We are currently using one of the best anti cheats in the industry, neitherPunkBuster nor Fairfight are even in the same league.

It is weird tho, pretty much all day most days Im chatting with a bunch of daily Jericho players, both mission and fight club junkies. 

Your not going to see cheaters chatting in social all day maby thats why you never find any

Why do you still arguing amd discussing this? Have it ever chang3d? Have they ever been successful? Only fairfight when arrived were good enough to cause an actual game impact.

Its done, no engine, no anti cheat, crapy balances, crapy gun, crapy game modes.

Enjoy the game as it is and be happy it still here.

I forgot to mention that they cant stop rerolls. Ani anticheat is shit if you cant stop that.

Edited by Azhwrayth

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Your not going to see cheaters chatting in social all day maby thats why you never find any

Regardless of how often Im in social, though its likely not more than 500 of my nearly 6000 hours, I play daily, and I also talk daily with a large number of Jericho players, silver and gold, bronze and silver districts as well as fight club heroes. None of them claim to see cheaters. We are talking about 50 or more people. Most who play daily, and none of them think anyone is cheating.

...seems odd

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Regardless of how often Im in social, though its likely not more than 500 of my nearly 6000 hours, I play daily, and I also talk daily with a large number of Jericho players, silver and gold, bronze and silver districts as well as fight club heroes. None of them claim to see cheaters. We are talking about 50 or more people. Most who play daily, and none of them think anyone is cheating.

...seems odd

can't say i've seen cheats lately either, just the same old people doing the same old bs though.

16 hours ago, Solamente said:

it’ll never work right tbh, maybe if we get phasing and a huge population boost

without those two things at the very least any players/groups of sufficiently high skill will get less and less opp (and matchmaking is already annoyingly slow for these cases) as they steamroll through the district 

Ah yeah, I'm assuming this will be done after the Matchmaking and Server Phasing stuff is done. But you're right - it will be easily exploited in a way that will disadvantage players that are simply good at the game and not cheating or toxic. 

nobody sells apb hacks because who the fuck would waste time to sell it to 10 people? Furthermore, people that make their own hacks and never share them to the public will most likely stay undetected in this, or any other game ever made.. are you new to the internet

Merged.

also i dont think i've ever seen one aimbotter, ever.. i really dont know what some people are talking about. are you the bowse guy that plays on eu by any chance

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh sweet cookie, Jericho is a nice place if people are there, come to Citadell on Sunday afternoon and evening. It's so bad over there.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

...seems odd

8 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

can't say i've seen cheats lately either, just the same old people doing the same old bs though.

I've only seen one suspicious person during the Halloween even time frame , who seemed to perfectly out shoot anyone 1 on 1 no matter the gun or range , who also disappeared mid match to never be seen again by me

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Oh sweet cookie, Jericho is a nice place if people are there, come to Citadell on Sunday afternoon and evening. It's so bad over there.

No way, man.

All I hear from Citadel players is stories that involve cheaters.

Servers you right for having so many more players than us... jerks.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

No way, man.

And guess where there headed after the server merge

On 11/13/2019 at 4:04 PM, CookiePuss said:

No way, man.

don't worry with global server you gonna meet them too 😛

Edited by LilyV3

APB is the kinda game that manages to make every anticheat look bad.

We've had FairFight, BattlEye and now EAC. What's next? GameGuard?

Maybe a properly configured GameGuard can pick up cheats, right? It works similarly to a rootkit after all. Don't mind the performance loss, it actively checks your RAM!

It's not going to work due to how poorly APB runs, not due to how "bad" the anticheat is.

Edited by Haganu

Sign in to follow this