Lixil

Halloween 2019

33 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I not only pay attention, but have direct access to LO staff. What you are saying, simply isn't true. 

Imagine being this naive and gullible...

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

*cries in 11 characters*

i have like 8 but only play 1 and off and on 2 HA!

ohh ffs, not again, searching both maps for those red pumpkins 😩 do they make some noices like the purple pumpkins or not? 
I hope they are not glitched on a rooftop or anywhere else. (like one of the purple pumpkins for me in the past) 
If yes how to contact u to solve the issue when support needs weeks to answer. 

would be cool to know that, but im also hyped for this event, kinda my favourite one 😄

Oh yay more pumpkin hunting. I hope it isnt bugged like it was afew yrs ago where a district reset on me. Tbh pumpkin hunting is the least favorite of the halloween events as its just a drag and a pain. And one more thing, will these achievements show in steam like ones from yrs past?

Edited by Darkzero3802

So bets on how many of the red pumpkins will be glitched so that they are invisible or make no sound, or even both.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

So bets on how many of the red pumpkins will be glitched so that they are invisible or make no sound, or even both.

I forsee alot of tickets

6 hours ago, Snubnose said:

same old rewards

What are those old rewards? i only remember the glowing skins tbh

not startin this week wtf..back to other shti games like warface and pubg lite i guess

Could you please fix so we could obtain steam achievements Head of the Class, Halloween Enthusiast, Last Known Survivor and Bloodshed. Since Headless Horseman Event was in game multiple times over the years i don't see why these achievements are locked to 2014

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

*cries in 11 characters*

Finally someone who understands my pain. Good thing I only need 3 of them to bring up.

Nice event, indeed.
I know it's irrelevant, but I'm just asking you, Little Orbit, did you think about people who potentially can play this game, but can't becuase this game isn't optimized for new gpus?
What's the point to make any event, while you don't fix such troubles, which may happen at your community? What do you think of this: how is it like to buy RTX gpu (not the cheapest gpu, i remind) and experience the constant crashes? And there wouldn't be a problem if only one person has this issue. We say about 90% of rtx owners. And it seems you're not going to do anything about it.
And don't even tell me to ask support what to do:while the problem is massive, it makes no sense.
When are you going to fix it instead of doing completely useless things?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arwo said:

Nice event, indeed.
I know it's irrelevant, but I'm just asking you, Little Orbit, did you think about people who potentially can play this game, but can't becuase this game isn't optimized for new gpus?
What's the point to make any event, while you don't fix such troubles, which may happen at your community? What do you think of this: how is it like to buy RTX gpu (not the cheapest gpu, i remind) and experience the constant crashes? And there wouldn't be a problem if only one person has this issue. We say about 90% of rtx owners. And it seems you're not going to do anything about it.
And don't even tell me to ask support what to do:while the problem is massive, it makes no sense.

idk wouldn't solving something like this require driver support? the apb devs probably can't solve this on their own, which is why they're pushing the engine upgrade so hard

edit: also idk why development has to stop for the people who still can play the game just to solve your problem - thats basically just the same situation, only favorable to you instead of someone else

Edited by Solamente
edit

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

idk wouldn't solving something like this require driver support? the apb devs probably can't solve this on their own, which is why they're pushing the engine upgrade so hard

apb was never supported at nvidia, it's for sure, but somehow it's working on older gpus.

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

edit: also idk why development has to stop for the people who still can play the game just to solve your problem - thats basically just the same situation, only favorable to you instead of someone else

what do you mean "my problem"? At least check this thread, but i believe there are more threads at this topic.
And don't tell me "development will stop" because of it - this fixing is a part of this 'development'. Even Matt Scott told they know about this problem (on the Q&A session), but still - there isn't any solve.

Edited by Arwo

1 minute ago, Arwo said:

apb wasn't never supported at nvidia, it's for sure, but somehow it's working on older gpus

fair enough idk much about tech stuff, i just figured since this was such a widespread issue that there was more going on than just apb being shit

1 minute ago, Arwo said:

And don't tell me "development will stop" because of it - this fixing is a part of this 'development'. Even Matt Scott told they know about this problem (on the Q&A session), but still - there isn't any solve.

yes i'm aware, but your initial post made it seem like the halloween event shouldnt happen until they fix this, which is basically just the opposite of the current situation 

1 minute ago, Solamente said:

yes i'm aware, but your initial post made it seem like the halloween event shouldnt happen until they fix this, which is basically just the opposite of the current situation 

But let's be honest - what's new in this contest? Red pumpinks? 😄
It's not a big deal to recolor old models and make it look like "a new content".
As for another part of this event - we saw all of it so much times, it's not a development. It's just turning on repetitive event. That's all.

/sadface no Epidemic Returns, but yay for Headless Horseman! I hope we get at least a few days with Car Surfer enabled.

And damn that is one sweet new splash screen.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

2 hours ago, Arwo said:

But let's be honest - what's new in this contest? Red pumpinks? 😄
It's not a big deal to recolor old models and make it look like "a new content".
As for another part of this event - we saw all of it so much times, it's not a development. It's just turning on repetitive event. That's all.

There are also new rewards, while we haven't seen them yet I'm sure that also took some work to do

3 hours ago, Arwo said:

Nice event, indeed.

RTX owner here.

As I understand it, the issue can only be fixed in two ways:

1) Nvidia releases a driver specifically for our problems

2) APB moves to 64-Bit

My biggest issue was OOM errors (Out of memory), this was largely fixed by not running the game on max graphics, and by not switching districts when playing. I know its crazy that we have to do this, and Im not defending the situation, just trying to give help.

14 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

2013 Halloween oh the good days

9 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

Could you please fix so we could obtain steam achievements Head of the Class, Halloween Enthusiast, Last Known Survivor and Bloodshed. Since Headless Horseman Event was in game multiple times over the years i don't see why these achievements are locked to 2014

Its a bug thats been around since 2014 and G1 never really cared to fix it. It would be nice to have all of them show up from then till now but I dont think LO is going to put resources into figuring it out. It works in game but not on steam so its something to do with steam achievements which requires both sides to figure out. Again I dont see LO looking into this given all resources are into the engine upgrade so maybe 2020 they will look into it.

cool new halloween content ... hopefully on fun places around financial and waterfront also when does it drop ?

11 hours ago, Arwo said:

Nice event, indeed.

got a RTX 2070, also experience something similar..

it's not really crashing, but it's freezing up on spawn screens like 1/5 times... I can make it unfreeze though by opening up task manager (so the game minimizes) and it just fixes itself after a few seconds...

so basically, every ~5th spawn I get I can't choose where to spawn and I'll be standing around for a few seconds after spawning in...