Sign in to follow this  
Blackace-RD

What is tryhard?

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

ikr?

As if we all arent trying. Like Im just walking around firing my gun into the air.

There is a difference between trying hard to win and having sweatbands on your forehead and wrists, a towel around your neck, and a kiddy pool under your desk to catch any dropping sweat.

8 hours ago, illgot said:

anyone that beats you is a "try hard" according to a lot of people in game.

I find the insult funny... oh no, he's trying hard to win...

27 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

There is a difference between trying hard to win and having sweatbands on your forehead and wrists, a towel around your neck, and a kiddy pool under your desk to catch any dropping sweat.

Only thing under me is my shit bucket. 

#realgamersuseshitbuckets

2 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Tryharding has nothing to do with toxic behavior.

U guys are just showing how mad u are, and so u r namecalling everyone.

Tryharding is litterally toxic behavior in APB:R's standards.

10 hours ago, illgot said:

anyone that beats you is a "try hard" according to a lot of people in game.

I find the insult funny... oh no, he's trying hard to win...

The difference between trying to win and tryharding is the amount of sweat induced.

I was called a tryhard, asked why, got whispered that i was trash and got ignored by opp ,then the one that ignored me changed from sniper to nfas. 

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Often found using ntec or jokercarbine/oscar.

Spams GG or GG EZ when winning. Sometimes GG EZ when losing (no clear reason as to why) normally silence.

Generally has some edgy name/clanname, mocking clanname, or wears the lame "hoodie style" ingame.

Often found to be consistently 2-4v1ing at all times being in voice chat, can't 1v1 to save their life.

Consistently kills people who just spawned while traveling to obj because killing the spawner (even if a newbie) and hurting the games outlook and population is more important than the objective.

Generally cheeses item hold missions in extremely hard to break locations(financial park ledge) and switching to 1 ntec/obeya, 2 snipers and an osmaw or running with several explosives in a pio pushed by a vegas with blowtorch.

Best answer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sentaii said:

Tryhard: anyone better than me at APB
Cheater: anyone better than me at APB
Noob: anyone better than me at APB
ree tard: anyone better than me at APB
Scrub: anyone better than me at APB
Virgin: anyone better than me at APB

Did I miss something?

Nope I think you about covered it.

According to most people in the thread a "try hard" is simply someone who tries to win. I just popped in to see the state of the game as it updates for the first time in years... Its good to see most the population doesnt try to win. So I guess even though I havent played in years, this "try hard"(I try to win) will be able to win no sweat, right?

The community truly has not changed. Just a bunch of kids complaining about getting stomped. Then trying to rationalize why they suck. Or should I say they dont suck everyone else is just a "try hard" lmao.

• Like 1

Lovely how every first comment in the beginning of the thread is pretty accurate at describing tryhards, but every one of those comments has those two dislikes... I smell... sweat and tears.

• Like 1

A tryhard is something you call a player when they are better than you and beat the **** out of you in-game. It's basically an excuse people use, nothing else to it.

As far as cheap players come, those are just noobs, not tryhards. N-FAS, ATAC, Remote Detonator, Percs, Showstopper, Ogre, AMG, Explosive weapons, etc etc. If you really are "tryharding" then you are expected to not need easy weapons with low skill ceilings to perform half-decent at the game and that's what those people do. The usual "tryhard" uses only the most meta weapons currently.

Edited by Flaws
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, claude said:

someone who uses something braindead and not fun, pretty much forcing you to play the same way.

some people can have an ntec or an hvr glued to their hands for a decade, and still find APB enjoyable somehow lmao

this.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RCooper said:

Prefer that one thousand times over people going afk just becuase we cant win they are too good/they are hackers etc

Oh I agree with ya there. When it gets Hard and I know im going to loose, I still try to outthink the enemy and come at him in every direction i can, and or a switch of weapons, maybe if you think a hack is on, then i would go target that player in hopes to tie him up while my team does the rest of the work. If the team is afk, then ill go stand in the open. Clown and t-bag the enemy, and hope to take as many down with me as i can.

You have to Not give a Pattootie, or the game will eat you up. 

11 hours ago, Flaws said:

A tryhard is something you call a player when they are better than you and beat the **** out of you in-game. It's basically an excuse people use, nothing else to it.

As far as cheap players come, those are just noobs, not tryhards. N-FAS, ATAC, Remote Detonator, Percs, Showstopper, Ogre, AMG, Explosive weapons, etc etc. If you really are "tryharding" then you are expected to not need easy weapons with low skill ceilings to perform half-decent at the game and that's what those people do. The usual "tryhard" uses only the most meta weapons currently.

NFAS is litterally the most meta weapon right now. Just sayin

12 hours ago, Flaws said:

VrvCKZ6.jpg

I was wondering how on earth I was being tossed into the tryhard category in this thread, but I’m relieved to get confirmation that I’m just a bloody noob.

42 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

NFAS is litterally the most meta weapon right now. Just sayin

Fun fact, the difference between the current and old NFAS min ttk is 1 pellet. 

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That really is a fun fact O<o

18 hours ago, immociide said:

Nope I think you about covered it.

According to most people in the thread a "try hard" is simply someone who tries to win. I just popped in to see the state of the game as it updates for the first time in years... Its good to see most the population doesnt try to win. So I guess even though I havent played in years, this "try hard"(I try to win) will be able to win no sweat, right?

The community truly has not changed. Just a bunch of kids complaining about getting stomped. Then trying to rationalize why they suck. Or should I say they dont suck everyone else is just a "try hard" lmao.

Everyone tries to win, the difference is how much sweat they drop when trying to win.

On 10/17/2019 at 12:42 AM, Sentaii said:

giphy.gif

On 10/17/2019 at 12:42 AM, Sentaii said:

Did I miss something?

You missed Sweaty.

Sweaty: anyone better than me at APB.

• Like 1

A Tryhard in apb, is someone seeking maximum performance in in the games they play (that sounds alright at first), but to an extreme extent, which sometimes goes as far as exploiting and macroing.

As an exemple, a tryhard will play as the lowest graphics quality possible to get the highest FPS possible

A tryhard will use a small character, so they're harder to see, they will either wear black / grey clothing so you don't see them as much.

A tryhard won't hesitate to use tactics that are considered annoying/toxic/unfair because their only goal is to do the highest score possible

Morals never come into a tryhard's thoughts, they just seek peak performance no matter what: "1% is nothing, but still a advantage, so i will use it"

On 10/17/2019 at 4:41 AM, Flaws said:

I liked the first sentance of your post cause I can agree with that... but whos to say what weapons are "meta"... i look at alot of streamers and they are using "meta" ntec setup... then get destroyed by better players using what novice players say is a "non meta" weapon or mod setup..... i just dont understand where this elitism comes from cause honestly most players dont know jack about what the best weapons or mods are to be trying to act the way they do, you included.

On 10/16/2019 at 8:13 AM, Lily Rain said:

APB-Tryhard: A player who uses nothing but an nfas, modded-pmg or any other disgusting weapon, often in conjunction with corner camping, grenade-spam or car-gameplay whenever applicable... on a false-crusade chasing the ultimate K/D-ratio (even if it means ignoring mission-items to stay alive) in hopes to shine in a leaderboard that does not exist

I love how the community downvoted this... Its almost as if...

Edited by Guest
community downvotes any valid criticism at all whatsoever or anything that remotely isnt nice about LO lmao.

49 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

I love how the community downvoted this... Its almost as if...

Yep, all the Tryhards I arrested downvoted.

Definitely infuriating to get arrested when using nfas by an LTL-fragiler..

unknown.png

On 10/17/2019 at 4:10 PM, CookiePuss said:

Lol, right! Its like ppl just started using within it's intended range finally. Almost like they were trying to counter an True Ogre or something. 

Sorry bout the random underlining,  on my phone at work. 

12 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

I liked the first sentance of your post cause I can agree with that... but whos to say what weapons are "meta"... i look at alot of streamers and they are using "meta" ntec setup... then get destroyed by better players using what novice players say is a "non meta" weapon or mod setup..... i just dont understand where this elitism comes from cause honestly most players dont know jack about what the best weapons or mods are to be trying to act the way they do, you included.

Lol...

On 10/17/2019 at 4:41 AM, Flaws said:

I agree

On 10/17/2019 at 10:41 AM, Flaws said:

Not really. All of these things come with quite some disadvantages.

If you tryhard, you're using anything that helps you in the best way possible.

Some of these things would be the N-TEC, the former RFP and low yields, the ammo box, deployable shield and so on.

Definitely not niche stuff like percs, showstopper, ogre, amg, explosive weapons etc.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, Sentaii said:

Did I miss something?

i agree that.

Sign in to follow this