Sign in to follow this  
Blackace-RD

What is tryhard?

APB-Tryhard: A player who uses nothing but an nfas, modded-pmg or any other disgusting weapon, often in conjunction with corner camping, grenade-spam or car-gameplay whenever applicable... on a false-crusade chasing the ultimate K/D-ratio (even if it means ignoring mission-items to stay alive) in hopes to shine in a leaderboard that does not exist

Edited by Lily Rain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think its supposed to mean someone who intentionally seeks out every possible advantage in order to win up to and including potentially exploiting, for concrete examples, think someone who carplays with an nfas and percs all match only to run after getting a single kill in the tdm final stage or someone who glitches objectives into unreachable areas or someone who puts consumables over pick up items - usually these players are also not very good, so while their antics are annoying they aren't always effective

but over the years in apb (and maybe other games too idk) it feels like tryhard is used as an abbreviation for "you aren't playing the way i want you to and/or you're better than me"

• Thanks 4

Tryhard: anyone better than me at APB

Seriously, this is what it means.

"Im not bad, you are just a tryhad."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Seriously, this is what it means.

"Im not bad, you are just a tryhad."

Cheater: anyone better than me at APB
Noob: anyone better than me at APB
ree tard: anyone better than me at APB
Scrub: anyone better than me at APB
Virgin: anyone better than me at APB

Did I miss something?

Edited by Sentaii
r
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Interesting to see how everyone seem to have their own definition !

What I would call a tryhard is someone who's taking the game too seriously, thinking he's playing on a professional level, while not being remarkably good. (Often accompanied with some trash talk in order to create an atmosphere of rivalry, even when the other team clearly doesn't care and is playing just for fun).

Edited by Aisakey
  • Like 2

i guess someone that tries hard?
or... "too hard"?

Let's say league of legends a plat player buys a bronze account and straight up whoop everybody's butt in a normals game

Edited by Keshi
  • Like 2

guys who try hard and lose alot. they try to win but cant cause they are not good. they start pulling out shotguns in waterfront and run to a roof (when losing) in takeouts with shotguns and percs oh and car det also.... they also use atacs alot or hard HVRs.

Tryhards are people who,

1. Play on extreme low graphics and stretched resolution with a damn good PC (1080ti , i7 9700k etc)

2. They only use META weapons AND usually exploit the missions to any extent. (placing items/vehicles etc on the objective)

3. They T-Bag a lottt ! 

4. They just wont accept a defeat. GG is just not their thing. 

They basically take this game way toooo seriously !  and using NFAS/Percs is not try hard lol... more like noobs gameplay !  ever faced 3 flying low yields on to your face ? tats try hard

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

anyone that beats you is a "try hard" according to a lot of people in game.

I find the insult funny... oh no, he's trying hard to win...

Edited by illgot

29 minutes ago, illgot said:

I find the insult funny... oh no, he's trying hard to win...

ikr?

As if we all arent trying. Like Im just walking around firing my gun into the air.

• Thanks 1

I abstain from use of that term, or any other people tend to habitually use in the game, just because apparently everyone has their own definition, just as I do. When I think of a "tryhard" I usually see a person showing bad sportsmanship, poor ethos, someone who doesn't hesitate to trade everything, even their own integrity and dignity, for a few in-game points and a place on the scoreboard. There's absolutely nothing wrong with striving for the best possible result, it's important to win but more importantly, how you win. For me, cheap wins are personal failures, I'd always go for more style points where a "tryhard" doesn't seem to care about it, they go for a win by all means necessary.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Tryhards are people who,

1. Play on extreme low graphics and stretched resolution with a damn good PC (1080ti , i7 9700k etc)

2. They only use META weapons AND usually exploit the missions to any extent. (placing items/vehicles etc on the objective)

3. They T-Bag a lottt ! 

They basically take this game way toooo seriously !  and using NFAS/Percs is not try hard lol... more like noobs gameplay !  ever faced 3 flying low yields on to your face ? tats try hard

The only correct answer in here.

Try-Harding is being killed and knowing the mission is pretty much lost, and knowing you will probably get kilt again, and still running back, rushing in. In hopes that you will inflict some change to the outcome before the timer runs down.

53 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Try-Harding is being killed and knowing the mission is pretty much lost, and knowing you will probably get kilt again, and still running back, rushing in. In hopes that you will inflict some change to the outcome before the timer runs down.

Prefer that one thousand times over people going afk just becuase we cant win they are too good/they are hackers etc

• Like 1

What is a tryhard?

A miserable little pile of advantages, gained by any means necessary.

But enough talk,
HAVE AT YOU

wow, you shot at me? and you missed? YOU'RE A TRYHARD!

someone who uses something braindead and not fun, pretty much forcing you to play the same way.

some people can have an ntec or an hvr glued to their hands for a decade, and still find APB enjoyable somehow lmao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

The people who do that are usually the same that call tRyHaRdS

7 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Tryhards are people who,

3. They T-Bag a lottt ! 

Often found using ntec or jokercarbine/oscar.

Spams GG or GG EZ when winning. Sometimes GG EZ when losing (no clear reason as to why) normally silence.

Generally has some edgy name/clanname, mocking clanname, or wears the lame "hoodie style" ingame.

Often found to be consistently 2-4v1ing at all times being in voice chat, can't 1v1 to save their life.

Consistently kills people who just spawned while traveling to obj because killing the spawner (even if a newbie) and hurting the games outlook and population is more important than the objective.

Generally cheeses item hold missions in extremely hard to break locations(financial park ledge) and switching to 1 ntec/obeya, 2 snipers and an osmaw or running with several explosives in a pio pushed by a vegas with blowtorch.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

- lower-cased usernames

- usually active in district chat

- settings set to psp graphics

Tryharding has nothing to do with toxic behavior.

U guys are just showing how mad u are, and so u r namecalling everyone.

Btw nfas is for noobplay, and trolling... not for tryharding. Impossible to tryhard with nfas unless the opps are completely braindead downs

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Tryharding has nothing to do with toxic behavior.

U guys are just showing how mad u are, and so u r namecalling everyone.

Btw nfas is for noobplay, and trolling... not for tryharding. Impossible to tryhard with nfas unless the opps are completely braindead downs

Actually nfas is for compensating for a severe lack of skill.

Sign in to follow this