Sign in to follow this  
xHenryman90x

Why do people started caring about doing extra activities in Baylan all of a sudden?

For example last week, we had to do at least 18-19 activities to get those 200JT, what's going on? I'm aware that you can win some rewards like weapons with preset skins when you're on top of the leaderboard, but i'm also aware that those rewards are no longer permanent, as they used to be years ago.

Edited by xHenryman90x

I never knew there were rewards for being in the top 10...

is there a list of these items? what are the dropchances to these items? when did these items get changed to temporary isntead of permanent?

I really hope someone can provide all the answers...

afaik there are no longer any fc rewards except for jt

i know for me personally, once i reach the gold challenge tier i just keep going until my play session is over, the different requirements force me to change my gameplay which helps a lot with boredom 

• Like 1

I guess permanent guns for JT increased the need for JT's again.

@Snup iirc only the top 10% get the gold reward. so if you want the full amount of JT's you need to be amongst the top 10%.

So

bronze reward =specific amount of activities done done

Silver reward = specific amount of activities done

Gold reward = 10% of the people having done the MOST activities get it.

For an extremely long time the gold level was just at the silver level because there was no real need to get JT's anymore because everyone had a buttload of it.

Now with permanent weapons a lot people want to get the max JT's again nd this is just causing the gold reward level to rise above the silver one again. (it was a pretty usual thing back in 2012 till 2014.

the same for Asylum, except it is not based on Activities but the gold level is being amongst the top 10 to get the gold reward.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

I guess permanent guns for JT increased the need for JT's again.

I guess it's for this reason then, even though i don't remember that this happened immediately or soon after the JT store weapon permanence change.

3 hours ago, Snubnose said:

I never knew there were rewards for being in the top 10...

is there a list of these items? what are the dropchances to these items? when did these items get changed to temporary isntead of permanent?

I really hope someone can provide all the answers...

Colby M-1922 'Uncle Sam' and Joker SR15 'Viper' Carbine comes to mind.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Now with permanent weapons a lot people want to get the max JT's again nd this is just causing the gold reward level to rise above the silver one again. (it was a pretty usual thing back in 2012 till 2014.

but the more people participating in fc the larger that 10% ratio can be, no?

so more people going for gold challenge tier should theoretically cause the average activity number to go down

Ive never received a special weapon reward for being on the top of the leaderboard.. as far as i know, its just something to do.

15 minutes ago, Solamente said:

but the more people participating in fc the larger that 10% ratio can be, no?

so more people going for gold challenge tier should theoretically cause the average activity number to go down

No, 10% is 10%, when previously not many people did activities and just played FC they randomly did some activities but the wide mass may stayed below silver reward. therefor everyone reaching silver got gold as well. Thats because silver wasn't even reached by 10% of the people playing FC. Now when more people actively try to reach gold and these people are more than 10% of those doing FC activities, the higher will the requirement go for reaching gold.

Example one.

100 ppl play Baylan.

90 play just somehow not caring.

10 reach silver.

those 10 will also get gold as long as the other 90 stay below the silver activities.

now the new situation.

110ppl play balan with 10 more wanting to reach gold due to the JT weapons.

now we have 10% being 11 people.

Only 11 can reach gold. but 20 people compete now.  so 11 people paly until the silver border and get gold. The others wanting gold will now have to put more effort in, and therefore theoretically even with those 20people it could be that getting gold needs 200 activities if all of them go crazy on collecting activities.

In reality it might be more than 11 get that gold reward because the last place is shared by multiple people like if 10guys have 23 activities and the 11th place is filled with 3 guys having 22 activities.

Thats why the current FC's show what you need to enter gold and if you want gold, you should also always try to make some buffer. otherwise it could be someone pushes you off your gold rank when you are offline before FC's reset. 

TLDR: the more try to reach gold, the higher will the gold entry border go.

1 minute ago, iMiss said:

Ive never received a special weapon reward for being on the top of the leaderboard.. as far as i know, its just something to do.

those weapon rewards are AGEs ago that as even before 2012 because I never played when those were a thing. The reis nothing for the top people anymore in Fc's except more JT's for the top 10%

Edited by LilyV3

Well I always tried to reach top 10% for few years (I collected JTs to buy out Joker Store - i'm almost done, need to do it for one more year I guess...)

Why people suddenly care? Well I tell you - Joker Store permanent weapons.

Ever since they were introduced I need to work even harder to stay in top 10%. Not a bad thing though. FC is suddenly alive, before that patch it was about to be dead even in evenings.

...And it ain't just circlejerkers now in FC.

Edited by Mitne

11 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

@Snup iirc only the top 10% get the gold reward. so if you want the full amount of JT's you need to be amongst the top 10%.

I was talking about the leaderboard, not the top 10% gold reward for joker tickets.

Fightclub has never given rewards on mission leaderboards?

The rewards you are thinking of were when fightclub first came out, and even those were still on a weekly reward system.

18 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

For example last week, we had to do at least 18-19 activities to get those 200JT, what's going on? I'm aware that you can win some rewards like weapons with preset skins when you're on top of the leaderboard, but i'm also aware that those rewards are no longer permanent, as they used to be years ago.

apb goes through fads since ...ever

this is the next thing

Sign in to follow this