Sign in to follow this  
TheMessiah

about shaw..

Can u turn down the sound volume of shaw when fires?Its unbearable and im sure this is the main reason why players is not usin it more often.Like 10-15 min with this in ur ears and can give u headache.That aside-weapon is beast:incredible fire rate,range and even in close can be good(probably gonna get nerfd when people start usin it more)

Edited by TheMessiah

Hi there,

This topic has been moved to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

Thank you.

- Azukii

I love LMG's and even that i have a medusa and Euryale the Shaw that is very similar to the amg is still between my fävorites and i use it very often and yeah the volume is quite high doesnt give me headache but is a little too loud for my ears tho

On 10/12/2019 at 6:11 PM, TheMessiah said:

im sure this is the main reason why players is not usin it more often

One would assume it's because of the mobility, not to mention every time you want to fire you have to go into crouch mode or the gun is just not accurate enough. This is a big downside on most of the parts of the map where with other weapons you can shoot normally and be barely visible, with shaw you just can't do something like this at all

I regularly use the SHAW and AMG-556 which is pretty loud too (especially when you fire it from one of Baylan's containers), with so far no headache or hearing loss observed. And it's not like I'm playing the game at a low volume ...

Like DeadPixels, I suppose the main problem players have with the SHAW is its lack of versatility.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:11 AM, TheMessiah said:

Can u turn down the sound volume of shaw when fires?Its unbearable and im sure this is the main reason why players is not usin it more often.Like 10-15 min with this in ur ears and can give u headache.That aside-weapon is beast:incredible fire rate,range and even in close can be good(probably gonna get nerfd when people start usin it more)

Been using it for years and love it! It's a bit loud under continuous use and the visuals from the gun barrel can sometimes really get in your line of sight. Both could be slightly toned down. I went to Machine Gunner 15 all Shaw! Before all these other Lmgs came around.

Most ppl really suck with Shaw and if u are good you are very underestimated. 

I like to look at players stats when I walk up to them.

So sad that nearly 100% of the time Pointman and Rifleman are there highest roles. Machine Gunner is nearly everyone's lowest. Still one of my favorite guns to use and one of my highest roles.

Good Luck fellow Machine Gunner!

Go give them the SHAWshank Redemption!

Are you using the in game volume slider to adjust your sound? There is a bug that prevents the in game slider from affecting different sounds. The SHAW was one of them last I checked. Use Windows to control APB's volume as a work around.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:31 AM, Havana said:

Been using it for years and love it! It's a bit loud under continuous use and the visuals from the gun barrel can sometimes really get in your line of sight. Both could be slightly toned down. I went to Machine Gunner 15 all Shaw! Before all these other Lmgs came around.

Most ppl really suck with Shaw and if u are good you are very underestimated. 

I like to look at players stats when I walk up to them.

So sad that nearly 100% of the time Pointman and Rifleman are there highest roles. Machine Gunner is nearly everyone's lowest. Still one of my favorite guns to use and one of my highest roles.

Good Luck fellow Machine Gunner!

Go give them the SHAWshank Redemption!

It's nice to hear there are others who enjoy Shaw. I used to play it a lot in the past, almost got to level 16 on my main character. Sadly nowadays i don't really play as much and use it anymore. It just feels so exhausting if you compare it to other easy weapons. Do hope i manage to get to level 16 one day

• Like 2