Sign in to follow this  
ch4ncer

What is the official statement on these two:

Macros, xNeat 

Are they still in the grey area ? Is there an official written rule about them ? Would players get in some sort of trouble, or even potentially lose their accounts if they use them ? I'd like to see some clarification.

Thanks.

Edited by ch4ncer

i'va always known macro was started consired as illegal (cheating) since 2011 i think it is still a bannable reason to the player, and im pretty sure it still is

about xNeat i cant tell i've never used it o.o 

Edited by MissaHolloway

when has xneat ever been an issue? it doesnt affect apb gameplay, in fact it doesnt interact with apb at all - also afaik xneat doesnt work with win10, and i believe im correct in saying a majority of players use win10

macros have always been bannable iirc, but there's a difference something being bannable and actually being able to detect it

15 minutes ago, Solamente said:

when has xneat ever been an issue? it doesnt affect apb gameplay, in fact it doesnt interact with apb at all - also afaik xneat doesnt work with win10, and i believe im correct in saying a majority of players use win10

macros have always been bannable iirc, but there's a difference something being bannable and actually being able to detect it

Yeah but the majority of players are idiots, hence the awful social state and communication aspect of this game, but that's a different topic.. I don't use Win 10. At one point, probably 2 years or so, I can clearly recall xNeat being a legitimate banable offence, I believe it had something to do with messing up the game's layers and something with the transparency, I really can't pinpoint it.

As for the macros, by that, should I understand that I could infact get banned, but only If it gets detected ? 

Edited by ch4ncer

Just now, ch4ncer said:

Yeah but the majority of players are idiots, hence the social state and communication aspect of this game, but that's a different topic.. I don't use Win 10. At one point, probably 2 years or so, I can clearly recall xNeat being a legitimate banable offence, I believe it had to do something to do with messing up the game's layers and somethign with the transparency, I really can't pinpoint it.

xneat has never been bannable afaik, although there have been several (idiotic) large forum debates about how its somehow unfair

1 minute ago, ch4ncer said:

As for the macros, by that, should I understand that I could infact get banned, but only If it gets detected ? 

macros are a use at your own risk kind of thing

programs like ahk or autoit can be detected by anticheat software (and they can also do far more cheaty things than a macro) so i'd steer clear

its super doubtful that the anticheat will "detect" mouse software since that would put significant portions of the community at risk of ban just for owning the wrong gaming peripheral, but its technically still possible

2 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

as if for being detected i cant really tell if easy anti-cheat does can detect it but if u get reported or u're being obvius with it, the fact is that u gonna get banned but i feel i have played against some few ppl using macro which i see now everyone can use it but u get caught you are gonna be in trouble :L

Technically both are illegal. So use at your own risk. (lol so is discord btw 😛 )

Also, does xNeat even work? I thought it never got Win10 support?

Both are disallowed, but the game has no check against them whatsoever, so use at your own risk.

19 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

So a yes for xneat and no for macro, basically.

Technically no for both.

3rd party software and all that.

16 hours ago, Solamente said:

xneat has never been bannable afaik

At one point it was, as I was Punkbuster'ed and permabanned for it back in 2014, and then unbanned shortly afterwards after using Xneat.

1 minute ago, Xnetexe said:

At one point it was, as I was Punkbuster'ed and permabanned for it back in 2014, and then unbanned shortly afterwards after using Xneat.

i stand corrected, xneat has never been bannable by a functional anticheat

rule of thumb is if you have to use a 3rd party program to have an unfair advantage to win then you're pretty much cheating.

also means that with how you had to ask about a 3rd party program , if you get banned people are going to laugh at you ..... a  lot

Its not allowed, but its not ban worthy. The game should kick you whenever macro is detected, which will not happen bcs anticheat wont detect this kind of cheating yet.

Okay understood, thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Sign in to follow this