LoKIE

Crashing randomly on pick spawn screen

Whenever I die there's a chance my game will crash in the pick spawn screen. I recently upgraded to a 2070 and I'm wondering if that is the cause. I haven't had this problem until after upgraded. I've let the game repair and I've done a reinstall. Anyone have any suggestions? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is indeed something due to the RTX card. You could try playing on the default minimal settings, those seem to work for some RTX users.

This is what was mention in regards to a more permanent solution during the Q&A: 

On 9/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, Kevkof said:

https://youtu.be/EKvAdRXOeYY#t=18m38s
Q: The big one I know a lot of people have asked, with the latest generation of Nvidia cards (the RTX cards), there are several issues on the older live engine where it's causing constant crashes which leaves them unable to play the game without doing quite a few tweaks to be able to play at all. Are RTX cards working as intended and working normally on the engine upgrade and can we expect to see them working as intended when the game goes live?
A: I believe so. I'm well aware, unfortunately, of the memory issues. The RTX issue in live is kind of complicated because the live game is 32-bit and Nvidia's drivers for the RTX cards it's just ... The driver is part of the problem, it's not that backwards compatible and then there's problems on our end because the engine is so old. From what I can tell the RTX cards work beautifully in the new engine. We haven't had any reports of Out of Memory issues or crashes or anything like that. In general there are a number of situations players find themselves in where they do get an Out of Memory error or crash in the current engine that won't happen. That's exclusively because of the jump to 64-bit addressing memory and things like that.