MattScott

Upcoming network changes

Anyone who wasn't interested before this change,likely would not have their opinion swayed by it.ย 

ย 

Then again... if they live in Hawaii or Oceania, I think a West coast server would have better ms?

2 hours ago, SkittyM said:

Whisper and OCA SD stats should be fixed in the next patch.ย  Random guess though, i only know they know about it.

ย 

Anyways JOKER SQUAD UP!

oh shit are we back?

1 hour ago, Yeedman said:

I'm fairly sure Matt means east coast and west coast servers in addition to the current US server.

Incorrect. The new system removes servers, you instead simply create a character in APB. Then, you can take your character to any of a number of regional instances of a given game district.

ย 

Instead of:

• Jericho server, Financial district instance 1 (gold)
  • Jericho server, Financial district instance 2 (silver)
  • Jericho server, Financial district instance 3 (bronze)
  • Jericho server, Financial district instance 4 (green)

With that being it.

ย 

It will now be:

• Financial district instance 1 (gold) (West Coast US)
  • Financial district instance 2 (silver) (West Coast US)
  • Financial district instance 3 (bronze) (West Coast US)
  • Financial district instance 4 (green) (West Coast US)
  • Financial district instance 5 (gold) (East Coast US)
  • Financial district instance 6 (silver) (East Coast US)
  • Financial district instance 7 (bronze) (East Coast US)
  • Financial district instance 8 (green) (East Coast US)

You will also see instances for other regions as well, such a the various EU, Asia, and SEA (among potentially many others). You can freely go to any of these instances, although obviously if you go to an EU instance while living in Australia, you'll get horrifically bad latency.

• Like 2

do this mean NA will be splitted in 2 instances? i understsand many ppl will be moving from server to server to play firends and etc. but how this will work for the low population NA already have splitting us in 2 will not be a good idea as im already going to be on NY server theย west or the east one will die on population eventually but in the end i know its a hard work to control looking forward and would be amazing to receive updates of this topicย 

ย 

Keep up the goodย work, cheers.

Edited by MissaHolloway

31 minutes ago, MissaHolloway said:

do this mean NA will be splitted in 2 instances? i understsand many ppl will be moving from server to server to play firends and etc. but how this will work for the low population NA already have splitting us in 2 will not be a good idea as im already going to be on NY server theย west or the east one will die on population eventually but in the end i know its a hard work to control looking forward and would be amazing to receive updates of this topicย 

ย 

Keep up the goodย work, cheers.

I believe this in preparation of the server consolidation

This topic should explain everything.

Edited by Nanometic
  • Like 1

Could we please get some comment on what's going on with Citadel, the districts are literally dying. The server MS is just going haywire with constant tps and freezes, barely playable tbh...

• Like 6

Great news. And we'll be able to play with our NA characters on EU as well? I'm particularly interested on that. Hope this work even better than expected and to see more regions covered which will definitely bring a handful of retired players from SA and Asia back.

ย 

And regarding low population in NA and getting it split, is time to tighten up together and hold the boat just a little bit more to see if we finally reach the goal of getting old players back along with bunch of newcomers. Personally I wont put my expectations very high but for sure this gives me hope.

• Like 1

Anything LO is trying to do is much better than nothing. APB has been in stagnant decline. The only way this game has been pushed has been from pure empathy and love for the game. It's gotten so far that two companies had to die trying to keep this game up. You can remain skeptical, down-right refuse change or support it, but it has to happen. No change is death and taking a risk at moving things, changing or re-doing is no longer a risk really... It'd be riskier to remain where we are.

ย 

I couldn't imagine people not liking this idea, but it's surprising that there are any that disagree with this specific topic.

ย 

ย 

More banter pls.

on the technical side it's good news for the players , on the social side I'm not sure . Yourย are Lo - gods .

ย 

I hope you understand what you're doing .

Edited by olo

21 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Indeed.ย 

With one US server, we are lucky to fill a single silver district SOMETIMES.ย 

Now that minuscule population will be split in two.

dont worry..you all gonna play on the EU districts later on..and we all gonna enjoy itย ๐Ÿ˜‘

LA ? Good luck with the pings for the Majority... The more you move east, the more it gets worse ! NY is the sweet spot for Canada, US and EU.ย 

ย 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:00 PM, AlishaAzure said:

Will see.

I'm slightly worried but it's fine LO can always backpedal if it goes balls up

Hope we can get some servers in Brazil, we have players for that

1 hour ago, MrM0dZ said:

Hope we can get some servers in Brazil, we have players for that

3?4?5?

6 minutes ago, Lign said:

3?4?5?

Probably at least half of Jericho.

So like 100 players.

๐Ÿ˜›

18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Probably at least half of Jericho.

So like 100 players.

๐Ÿ˜›

maybe perhaps those who quit from ping may come back then.

who knows

8 hours ago, Lign said:

3?4?5?

I can guarantee that we have more than 400 players who would play again if there was a server in brazil.

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Probably at least half of Jericho. So like 100 players.

90% of Jericho's population is BRs. Can't go a single match without seeing 2-3 of them.

3 hours ago, -mastermind said:

I can guarantee that we have more than 400 players who would play again if there was a server in brazil.

Werenโ€™t there like 50ppl on average on Brazilian server before it was transferred?