Tigrix

Recent game changes

I think it's interesting no-one talks about the recent "balance" changes, meant to push players into feeling like they have more choices in terms of mods and weapons....

Example: Grenade changes> LY' nerf
Example: Mod changes> Ammo crate nerfs(can't change weapons with them anymore etc)
Example: OCA nerf: reset back to previous state before it got buffed (ages ago).

Now as I understood, these changes were to push players into more variety of choices?

But as I see it, the changes made here has had exact opposite effect, what do ya'll think?

Example: Everyone is using percs lol (yes my gf always used them, its fine, i'm not crying for percs) but i'm saying that most of the "LY" users, just moved to percs with the nerf to radius/damage of LY.
So you don't have more variety, you have less. Now the perc users from before AND a bunch of new ones, are all on the same buss.

Example: Mod changes: Everyone is using the ammo-box orange mod now and the few that aren't, are sticking with spotter because it's quite OP.
But for months since the changes, i've not seen ANYONE using repair tools or any other orange mods... it's just ammo crate and spotter. (ofc, john is gonna say; HEY i use repair, but i'm talking generally...)
Again, less variety with the changes, not more...

As for OCA, well personally I'm still using it and happy with it, but I've noticed a lot of people switching to JG and PMG.
In FC as example, which used to be quite heavy on OCA, it's majority now using JG's, some nfas and some oca.
But again, the change hasn't added variety, it's just pushed people into less choices imo.

Now for the NTEC and nfas and what other things they announced changes/are testing...
Again, I can already see people will just flock to URSUS and "potential" the new glory if they ever fix it so it's not complete shit, I bet you everything, it'll come down to that though.
Same for NFAS, when it gets shredded, you'll see a 100% usage of JG, if no changes are made to the already super popular JG.

So imo, the development so far, although I applaud the will to make changes, I feel they need to listen to other people than the current ones they are taking advice from.

/Unpopular opinion of course <<

Edited by Tigrix
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Everyone is using percs lol

im still using loyos as theyre still plenty effective but i see a lot more frag and especially conc users now, almost no perc users

12 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

As for OCA, well personally I'm still using it and happy with it, but I've noticed a lot of people switching to JG and PMG.
In FC as example, which used to be quite heavy on OCA, it's majority now using JG's, some nfas and some oca.
But again, the change hasn't added variety, it's just pushed people into less choices imo.

heavy oca with jg and pmg to heavy jg with nfas and oca isnt really less choices, its just different choices

13 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Again, I can already see people will just flock to URSUS and obeya

ftfy

14 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Same for NFAS, when it gets shredded, you'll see a 100% usage of JG

the current plan is for all shotguns to get a (really shitty on paper) overhaul at some point, there's no telling what stupid shit orbit will pull with that balancing phase

The only thing I've noticed recently is an increase in NFAS users and a decrease in low yield spam. Nothing else has really changed.

N-TEC and OCA are both as popular as ever because they're still strong guns, maybe a few more JG users here and there, but shotguns aren't always a reliable choice with APB's server performance.
I don't see radar jammer at all, because it's just useless. But I still see equal amounts of spotters, ammo resupplies, and blowtorches. More are using epinephrine, satchel charges and mobile covers again for consumables, myself included. I don't often run any sort of ammo resupply anymore.

I dunno, I feel like these changes have improved gameplay by quite a bit.

Edited by Kiida
  • Like 3

Game is dead, they shouldn't be scared of nerfing meta real hard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So far, i like the changes.

2 minutes ago, Lato said:

Game is dead, they shouldn't be scared of nerfing meta real hard

no its not

• Like 1

Percs are still one of the least used grenades.

Nobody runs field supplier. Ammo box deployable is still very common.

OCA changes are needed.

So are RFP-9 and N-TEC 5.

The low yield changes make grenades evenly balanced again and you'll now see all types.

Ammo box changes also bring it back down in line and make people use other mods.

OCA changes made people use other pointman guns again.

N-TEC nerf will bring people to play obeya, ursus, far and so on, so that adds variety.

All in all these are fantastic changes and I don't know why you're so upset about the game becoming healthier.

Edited by GhosT
typo jt > it
  • Like 6

I still use concs, I'm not sure I have seen many people on Jericho use low yields in the last year.  They all seem to be using concs like myself.

About the changes, I really like that Ammo box changes that people can not switch weapon  and i'm kinda positive to this.
In my opinion OCA never changed that much, its still remains  a strong weapon and people keep playing with it without having any problem or see something different than the old version of OCA
About the N-TEC nerf that a lot of players talking about, i would like to say that its a weapon that can help you in different situations. like mid and close range fights.
A 3 slot n-tec is really stronger than a normal one without slots, Provides more advantages and make it easier to handle it on a fight, well it depends from the playstyle of every player who using it but with a lot of practice it can be a good weapon on players hands. I dont really want to see something different on this weapon, People like it the way that it is right now and all of these years.

7 hours ago, greenfield said:

So far, i like the changes.

no its not

ahaha

If you've been around for a while, you'll know that frag grenades, percs, and concs have been the same for years. Before the release of yolo grenades, grenades were actually somewhat balanced, with percs always being considered the "noob" grenade. When yolos came out, they were a straight upgrade to frag grenades, and debatably a straight upgrade to every other grenade, considering you could carry 1 extra yolo. With the recent yolo nerf, I feel like grenades feel more balanced now and that the previous balance pre-yolo release has been restored. Yolos are still strong in some cases, but not in all (which was its main issue).

As for the ntec and oca nerfs, I feel like the nerfs were/are very much so needed. Yes, people will switch to other weapons, but the guns were/are clearly more powerful than they should be; especially the ntec. I feel like if they nerf 1 ntec though, they should nerf both (ursus included, is what I'm saying), but that's just my opinion.

I think that true balance won't be restored though (at least in cqc-play) until the shotguns get rebalanced. Right now, nfas and jg are broken, lol.

14 hours ago, Tigrix said:

I think it's interesting no-one talks about the recent "balance" changes, meant to push players into feeling like they have more choices in terms of mods and weapons....

Example: Grenade changes> LY' nerf
Example: Mod changes> Ammo crate nerfs(can't change weapons with them anymore etc)
Example: OCA nerf: reset back to previous state before it got buffed (ages ago).

Now as I understood, these changes were to push players into more variety of choices?

But as I see it, the changes made here has had exact opposite effect, what do ya'll think?

Example: Everyone is using percs lol (yes my gf always used them, its fine, i'm not crying for percs) but i'm saying that most of the "LY" users, just moved to percs with the nerf to radius/damage of LY.
So you don't have more variety, you have less. Now the perc users from before AND a bunch of new ones, are all on the same buss.

Example: Mod changes: Everyone is using the ammo-box orange mod now and the few that aren't, are sticking with spotter because it's quite OP.
But for months since the changes, i've not seen ANYONE using repair tools or any other orange mods... it's just ammo crate and spotter. (ofc, john is gonna say; HEY i use repair, but i'm talking generally...)
Again, less variety with the changes, not more...

Now for the NTEC and nfas and what other things they announced changes/are testing...
Again, I can already see people will just flock to URSUS and "potential" the new glory if they ever fix it so it's not complete shit, I bet you everything, it'll come down to that though.
Same for NFAS, when it gets shredded, you'll see a 100% usage of JG, if no changes are made to the already super popular JG.

So imo, the development so far, although I applaud the will to make changes, I feel they need to listen to other people than the current ones they are taking advice from.

/Unpopular opinion of course <<

I've seen percs, low yields, and more concs i'm not worried about percs though. People have been using JG for a while now. It's in a decent state but cornerpopping is what makes it strong. I'd rather face percs than spammed by low yields, maybe flack will make a comeback? lel

FC used to be oca heavy? It's always had a large mix of shotguns and OCA's. People recently used a ton of shotguns due to recent buffs to shotguns, OCA is still powerful and never needed the buffed.

Considering NTEC 5 is similar to the pre-nerf ntec and is fairly managable, its no surprise. People will stick to whatever can get them the best range and capabilities without having to change weapons. New glory people won't flock to.

CSG was the go to before it got nerfed and you started to see a mix of JG and CSG. NFAS is broken as hell but we'll see what happens once that's fixed. Also the newest shotgun changes may be making jg and csg 3 hit ko's due to corner popping. So that'll be interesting if true but i can imagine all the people complaining because they can't 2 hit without getting hit so much.

14 hours ago, Tigrix said:

yes my gf always used them

We get it, you have sex.

I don't see how people who only use OCA, Yellow Ammo Box, and Low Yields being pushed into using other choices counts as a loss of variety. OCA/YAB/LY is not variety - it's an OP meta and pushing people to find new metas cause they're basic bitches is in fact a good way of finding out other OP metas to nerf/balance. 

These changes aren't the first and certainly not the last and no doubt part of an over-arcing plan for LO to attempt to bring more balance to weapons/mods and break some metas. Complaining that on step 3 out of ??? that it's not working isn't really looking at the bigger picture.

Edited by KnifuWaifu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, GhosT said:

Percs are still one of the least used grenades.

Nobody runs field supplier. Ammo box deployable is still very common.

OCA changes are needed.

So are RFP-9 and N-TEC 5.

The low yield changes make grenades evenly balanced again and you'll now see all types.

Ammo box changes also bring it back down in line and make people use other mods.

OCA changes made people use other pointman guns again.

N-TEC nerf will bring people to play obeya, ursus, far and so on, so that adds variety.

All in all these are fantastic changes and I don't know why you're so upset about the game becoming healthier.

yes most changes were actually good.

Field supplier and mobile Supply unit died when car spawner became a thing and they changed car spawn stations  to also resupply ammo and made ammo machines ffa factions, Car spawner is too viable and ammo car mod is not needed, and for the rare occasions of needing a mobile field supplier the consumable is totally sufficient. A bit sad because it really killed the viability or tactical need for these 2 mobs. Best would be to remove the deployable ammo box and remove reammunition from car spawn stations

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1