Sign in to follow this  
CommandantSteele

Regulation of legendary trading through a "grand exchange" type of market.

I'll be brief.

Trading in APB is an awful pastime and some players (no names, please) seem to go out of their way to hoard legendary weapons in order to charge absurdly high prices for them, and some other players (again, no names please) seem to always expect you to overpay them in order to actually get them to part with a weapon. When I first started playing (2014) trading an Ogre for an Ursus was a fair deal, but now I've heard at least one story of someone having to give someone two Ogres for an Ursus.

Now, granted, this is probably due to balance changes and the like, but player manipulation, price gouging, and downright scamming has become the norm in the legendary trading market.

Thus, I would like to propose one of my most controversial ideas yet: Regulation of the legendary trading market through a centralized marketplace based "grand exchange" (Yes, I'm totally stealing from Runescape.) where people will be able to buy and sell legendary weapons at fixed or mostly fixed prices. Preferably, this market would be connected across all regions.

The primary purpose of this market would be to remove "NPC Shopkeeper" habits from players. (Shopkeeper sells sword for 4000 gold. Shopkeeper will buy that exact same sword for 7 gold) and will "normalize" prices for legendary weapons in order to provide a reasonable benchmark for people to refer to prices and stop "word of mouth" price quotes used in scamming.

Obviously, this will provoke a massive change in the way trading is done and how the market is structured, but I think that this would be an overall net positive for the future of APB, especially if we get a swarm of new players with the engine update that don't know what they're doing when it comes to trading.

i dont think i got it fully ,who will regulate the fixed prices? 

Though i kinda agree with you. I hate all those people who hoard guns like crazy and dont want to trade/sell unless they are making a profit.

Edited by foscor77

12 hours ago, darok70 said:

i dont think i got it fully ,who will regulate the fixed prices? 

Though i kinda agree with you. I hate all those people who hoard guns like crazy and dont want to trade/sell unless they are making a profit.

Probably LO or the marketplace itself. Presumably the price brackets would also be somewhat dynamic in that if a lot of X legendary is being sold at minimum cost the maximum and median cost would slowly start to trend downward and lower the overall price of the legendary.

11 hours ago, Freewind said:

Probably LO or the marketplace itself. Presumably the price brackets would also be somewhat dynamic in that if a lot of X legendary is being sold at minimum cost the maximum and median cost would slowly start to trend downward and lower the overall price of the legendary.

Does runescape's legendary weapons also come out of loot boxes?

No, dynamic weapon prices dictated by the emerging gameplay and players is part of the economy.

22 hours ago, darok70 said:

Does runescape's legendary weapons also come out of loot boxes?

They come out of random drops from monsters, so technically yes if you approach it from a certain angle.

Proverbs and sayings about trade .

There are two fools in the Bazaar: one gives cheaply, the other asks dearly.

Now im wondering, are there legendary guns in other games like csgo,overwatch, etc?

Do those games have auction/marketplace like apb?

35 minutes ago, darok70 said:

Now im wondering, are there legendary guns in other games like csgo,overwatch, etc?

Do those games have auction/marketplace like apb?

CSGO does somewhat have legendary weapons but they are only melee and Overwatch does not have legendary weapons at all.

CSGO Has rare weapons skins like "Dragon Lore", Asiimov, ETC. The only legendary weapons CSGO Has rare the knives like a Karambit, Shadow daggers, ETC.

Overwatch has a golden skin which is applicable to any gun, but you need to buy the skin first with competitive points. You can buy it for multiple weapons, but you have to purchase it for the gun's you want it to be on. Let's say i wanted a golden Roadhog shotgun, I would go into Roadhog's weapon customization menu and buy it for his gun with my 10k comp points. (I think it's 10k)

On 10/11/2019 at 12:56 PM, Freewind said:

They come out of random drops from monsters, so technically yes if you approach it from a certain angle.

I really don't think anyone wants to pay 2 million for a hazardous.

Market works in a very simple way, Supply and Demand. (people still trade yukon a bit too high when it's now trash)