foscor77

Make threat level/color invisible

Im not saying remove the threat system or anything but just make the threat level/color invisible.

-Players wont see their threat level/color so they wont be able to dethreat.

-It will solve the crying problem when people get badly matched.

-It will help people not get scared/intimidated or lose confidence when they fight against gold players as it normally happens to newbies/silvers cuz everybody will be look same and dont you dare dismiss the affect of placebo effect in apb. Even Mike tyson has admitted the he knew he already won the fight even before starting as soon as he saw nervousness or intimidation in the opponents eye. People do perform bad they already decides that they are going to lose.

And please i want to know why this gold/silver/bronze/green threat system was even made visible to players in the first place. I dont remember playing any game where people are divided to such groups. Most games have rankings and thats it but threat system like in the one apb? No.

Im even drawing to the conclusion that this visible threat system which seems to be a part of matchmaking played a major part in apb initial downfall as people got mad when they SAW they are getting badly matched, which was actually inevitable as apb was never the kind of game which was made to get you perfectly matched as the glick version  (matchmaking equation used in apb and and in all other major games) will NEVER work within a district population of 40-40 players (50-50 earlier). As more than half the people are already matched and your left with like 10 people to get matched and on the top of that the game is actually showing people through the threat levels/colours that "HEY BUDDY WERE MATCHING 3 GOLDS TO YOUR GROUP OF 2 BRONZE ;D have lots of fun!! Xd"

All arguments against why it should be implemented are welcome.

The only argument i can guess against this is the long awaiting phasing system which will do matchmaking not within the same district but within the whole server But i can bet its not going to happen anytime soon so until we get phasing please,please for the love of apb's future make the threats invisible.

Thank you.

edit -

ive actually abandoned this idea and thread cuz 80% of the people who play this game are veterans and are SO used to playing with their threat levels/colours that removing this might just kill the game as they wont get the same "feel" even if it works out.

Though nothing gonna convince me that this idea would not have worked if apb had used it very early on.

Edited by foscor77

1 hour ago, darok70 said:

I dont remember playing any game where people are divided to such groups.

thousands of games have a visual skill rating system of some kind - from csgo, r6 siege, and overwatch to games that arent even shooters like LoL, dota, and rocket league, the list is very long

Lo alredy making something for the threat system but it will be into the game with the engine upgrade (i think).

I feel like making the threat level invisible will just make me more cynical of every one of my teammate's skill level, lol. I'll pretty much be assuming that everyone is a boosted animal unless proven wrong. At least with the current system, I can know ahead of time if they might be unreliable (or not). 

Also, most games I've seen have mmr/skill ratings shown in a simplified color/symbol for this reason, and imo apb is no different. I just think that the system in apb needs a bit of a rework, and that matchmaking needs to be tuned. 

I have moved this topic to the Game Suggestions section of our forums.

~@mayii

3 hours ago, darok70 said:

-Players wont see their threat level/color so they wont be able to dethreat.

People will still be able to dethreat it will just be a tiny bit harder to notice when you've achived it or not.

-It will solve the crying problem when people get badly matched.

Defently not, When you get a teammate that plays poorly you will still be able to notice a threat difference and poor matchmaking

Im even drawing to the conclusion that this visible threat system which seems to be a part of matchmaking played a major part in apb initial downfall as people got mad when they SAW they are getting badly matched, which was actually inevitable as apb was never the kind of game which was made to get you perfectly matched as the glick version  (matchmaking equation used in apb and and in all other major games) will NEVER work within a district population of 40-40 players (50-50 earlier). As more than half the people are already matched and your left with like 10 people to get matched and on the top of that the game is actually showing people through the threat levels/colours that "HEY BUDDY WERE MATCHING 3 GOLDS TO YOUR GROUP OF 2 BRONZE ;D have lots of fun!! Xd"

If anything the problem is the fact that matchmaking never had the proper ability to give fairmatches not the fact that there is a visible threat system you're pointing it out yourself.

Visible threat wont make a difference, you will still notice when matchmaking gives you a unbalanced match which seemlingly is your main argument

On 10/7/2019 at 6:15 PM, darok70 said:

I dont remember playing any game where people are divided to such groups.

Literally almost every single other game with a ranking system?

• Like 1

This could really be disregarded right out the gate as this issue has been brought up so many times... discussed and ridiculed.
LO has their own solution/theory/plan and are most likely already in the works on it behind the scenes.

it is enough to spend 3 -5 matches in order to understand who you are, what you are worth .

removing the threat color will not save .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pufty said:

This could really be disregarded right out the gate as this issue has been brought up so many times... discussed and ridiculed.
LO has their own solution/theory/plan and are most likely already in the works on it behind the scenes.

17 hours ago, olo said:

it is enough to spend 3 -5 matches in order to understand who you are, what you are worth .

removing the threat color will not save .

ive actually abandoned this idea and thread cuz 80% of the people who play this game are veterans and are SO used to playing with their threat levels/colours that removing this might just kill the game as they wont get the same "feel" even if it works out.

Though nothing gonna convince me that this idea would not have worked if apb had used very early on. 

Edited by foscor77

On 10/11/2019 at 9:37 PM, darok70 said:

Though nothing gonna convince me that this idea would not have worked if apb had used very early on. 

removing the threat is not justified . this will only work for servers with a huge population for new players . this can also mislead new players . one T lv cannot play against 255 lvl .

Edited by olo

On 10/11/2019 at 4:37 AM, darok70 said:

I personally do not have an opinion if the threat showing to others is removed or not.

that's because we need phasing to help fix matches which would apply threat more soundly for fair matches.

after that we can discuss more clearly  what to do about threat color showing to others or not.

I believe Little Orbit already said they are discussing on hiding threat color from others

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I personally do not have an opinion if the threat showing to others is removed or not.

that's because we need phasing to help fix matches which would apply threat more soundly for fair matches.

after that we can discuss more clearly  what to do about threat color showing to others or not.

I believe Little Orbit already said they are discussing on hiding threat color from others

Yes phasing was also a reason why I thought I shouldn't discuss this idea atm. I read some posts on the official matchmaking and threat thread by Matt Scott after creating this thread and realised that phasing actually looks quite promising.

If better matchmaking can be achieved by phasing then we may can just overlook the problems caused by visible threat levels.

1 hour ago, darok70 said:

Yes phasing was also a reason why I thought I shouldn't discuss this idea atm. I read some posts on the official matchmaking and threat thread by Matt Scott after creating this thread and realised that phasing actually looks quite promising.

If better matchmaking can be achieved by phasing then we may can just overlook the problems caused by visible threat levels.

i cant recall what post says the details , but I'm sure it will come up again soon considering the upcoming network changes is a part of it all

I think for decisions within the game it is extremely important to fix issues within the concept of the game, not social issues/feuds that you might be having with other people. Here's my thing: if it works as intended and makes the game design better then I am ok. I generally don't care if people cry/hacusate/grief/actually hack/etc. more in these types of theories and discussions because quite honestly those are entirely different topics that need to be fixed on their own (in fact, the main reason people cry and do all those things is because the game hasn't majorly changed in a long time - so they're extremely frustrated individuals).

Only Thing that remains for us, is to hope that LO will find a good solution for that - once we have the engine upgraded.