Thornecroft

Untrusted System File (Update)

For a few weeks I've been unable to launch APB, with Easy Anti Cheat throwing this error "Untrusted system file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdihk32.dll)"

I've done cmd - sfc /scannow and it was unable to repair all of the corrupt files, I assume this to be one of them.

If anyone has a fix, I'd be more than grateful.

Kind regards,

T

Update: Ran DDU twice - Now no dll error, but still crashing on start

Edited by Thanahr
Crash with no error now

I'm not familiar with anything related to EAC or AMD, and there's little I can find related to this issue, but:

https://community.amd.com/thread/240456

"It states in "fixed issues": Some users may be experiencing AMD DLL file signing issues with Easy Anti-Cheat™. A clean install of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.1 may be required to fix this issue."

So basically, yeah, as arkup said, try reinstalling AMD drivers.

Edited by Kiida

hey mate ,uninstall all AMD drivers and install the latest ones that should fix the problem

or you could try a system restore 

36 minutes ago, Kiida said:

I'm not familiar with anything related to EAC or AMD, and there's little I can find related to this issue, but:

https://community.amd.com/thread/240456

"It states in "fixed issues": Some users may be experiencing AMD DLL file signing issues with Easy Anti-Cheat™. A clean install of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.1 may be required to fix this issue."

So basically, yeah, as arkup said, try reinstalling AMD drivers.

35 minutes ago, arkup said:

hey mate ,uninstall all AMD drivers and install the latest ones that should fix the problem

or you could try a system restore 

Unfortunately that didn't work.

9 hours ago, Thanahr said:

Unfortunately that didn't work.

ok if that didn't work I would try to remove that corrupt file (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdihk32.dll)

and reset my pc to fresh install everything you will have to reinstall a few things but it should be worth it 

just go to 'settings /update & security / recovery  / reset this pc ' choose to keep my files  

10 hours ago, arkup said:

ok if that didn't work I would try to remove that corrupt file (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdihk32.dll)

and reset my pc to fresh install everything you will have to reinstall a few things but it should be worth it 

just go to 'settings /update & security / recovery  / reset this pc ' choose to keep my files  

8 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Have you tried submitting a technical support ticket with EAC? 

You should be able to do that on https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/tech/

Posted an updated edit, but I'll do it here as it wasn't seen: Ran DDU twice and now the .dll error has gone, however the game still crashes at the same point but without the error.

I would very much like to get to the bottom of this problem too.  I just reinstalled this game and tried to launch it again for the first time in a while, and I can't even get to the main menu before the game crashes to desktop with the same "Untrusted System File" error message in reference to EAC.  I tried deleting the EAC subfolder in the APB installation directory, tried repairing the EAC installation, but none of that worked.  Then I tried following arkup's advice and deleting the .dll file that was being specified in the error message, and that got rid of the "Untrusted System File" error, but the game still crashes at the same spot in the loading screen.

I don't think this problem has anything to do with AMD drivers, because I don't have an AMD card.  The .dll files referenced in my error had to do with Microsoft C Redistributable.  At this rate, it's not even clear that the problem is with EAC.

1 hour ago, PriorityProxy said:

I don't think this problem has anything to do with AMD drivers, because I don't have an AMD card.  The .dll files referenced in my error had to do with Microsoft C Redistributable.  At this rate, it's not even clear that the problem is with EAC.

The APB Reloaded\TPI folder should have the installers for the versions that APB prefers

That's an interesting note.  I believe I read somewhere on their troubleshooting guides to just make sure my VC Redist was just "up to date," and they linked me to the official Microsoft download page.  I tried installing the latest versions, and I also tried repairing, then reinstalling the preferred versions included in the TPI folder, but unfortunately, neither of those have resolved the issue.  My game still crashes at the same point. =\

On 10/22/2019 at 3:17 PM, Kevkof said:

The APB Reloaded\TPI folder should have the installers for the versions that APB prefers

Okay, but that's actualy the problem. APB have already everything it need to run properly, but the files the game provides are not fully updated, and they don't have the proper license EAC is looking for, what the player have to do, is manualy download and install the exact updated program related to the file.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:13 PM, PriorityProxy said:

I would very much like to get to the bottom of this problem too.  I just reinstalled this game and tried to launch it again for the first time in a while, and I can't even get to the main menu before the game crashes to desktop with the same "Untrusted System File" error message in reference to EAC.  I tried deleting the EAC subfolder in the APB installation directory, tried repairing the EAC installation, but none of that worked.  Then I tried following arkup's advice and deleting the .dll file that was being specified in the error message, and that got rid of the "Untrusted System File" error, but the game still crashes at the same spot in the loading screen.

On 10/5/2019 at 10:10 AM, Thanahr said:

For a few weeks I've been unable to launch APB, with Easy Anti Cheat throwing this error "Untrusted system file C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdihk32.dll)"

I've done cmd - sfc /scannow and it was unable to repair all of the corrupt files, I assume this to be one of them.

If anyone has a fix, I'd be more than grateful.

Kind regards,

T

Update: Ran DDU twice - Now no dll error, but still crashing on start

My case was different, the file was from NvidiaPhysx, wich i didin't have on the new computer because it have an AMD GPU. I just had to go to the Nvidia website look for the instalation of Physx only, got the last updated files and after installing it i had no problem at all.
I'd search from where exactly the dll come from, and get the program that will update that file. As i did with physx.