Sign in to follow this  
foscor77

The only gun that needs a nerf is stock nfas

Nerf nfas  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Nerf nfas

• yes
    • no

i become gold whenever i use that gun. its enough prove that that gun needs a nerf.  ;L

Edited by foscor77
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Those people who simply can't or do not want to realize they just have to stay like 10-15 meters away from an NFAS user, they need some balancing. 

The gun seems fine to me, despite the fact I have never used it myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Testes on silvers and bronzes

I think we can close this thread.

Nfas is just fine. Id even say its bad. Just like STAR, its called a noobgun for a reason.. Ez to use, but it does not offer any skill growth so you will basicaly keep jumping from gold to silver and back unless you master other skill based weapon like JG, Ntec, HVR, or Joker carbine... That may be hard to use cuz u ll be silver again if u keep playing vs golds, but u ll get into it eventualy, and grow some chest hair.

it’s not the only gun that needs a nerf

in fact i’m not even sure it needs a nerf at all, just a pellet mechanic revert like all other shotguns 

• Like 2

Use a secondary and stay at least 15 meters away, done, you just countered the NFAS.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, illgot said:

Use a secondary and stay at least 15 meters away, done, you just countered the NFAS.

i recommend the showstopper

6 hours ago, illgot said:

That's all well and good... Until you aren on defense and have to push. 

• Like 2

Iam sorry to break your illusions but nfas is pretty bad troll pick weapon that goes well with kevlar to piss people off, and it works becouse you silvers just never learn, and yu go head to the wall. No real golds picks nfas unless he wants to troll bad players that magically floded the forums becouse they started to see LO like their papa savior.

Nfas is truly fcking bad pick

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That's all well and good... Until you aren on defense and have to push. 

Then just don't get hit. It's just as simple as the first solution.

oh thanks guys for the tips I'll use the same tactics to counter the hvr!! I just need to stand >100m away

What is it with Jericho people and the NFAS?

Can't even tell how long ago I've seen one on Citadel.

5 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Then just don't get hit.

I have no counter for this argument.

• Like 1

Step 1:

Go to Asylum

Step 2:

Witness all of the shotguns and see how the majority of players are abusing a gun who's whole playstyle is hold left click, no aiming required

Step 3:

Stop playing the game again

(nfas fine and balanced lmao)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Benguin said:

oh thanks guys for the tips I'll use the same tactics to counter the hvr!! I just need to stand >100m away

To counter the hvr get close or use cover.  I usually rush an hvr user in my car, get out and use a cqc weapon.

You have to swap your weapon to counter your opponent.

An nfas is pretty easy to counter with just a secondary and 1 conc grenade.

17 minutes ago, iMiss said:

Step 1:

Go to Asylum

Step 2:

Witness all of the shotguns and see how the majority of players are abusing a gun who's whole playstyle is hold left click, no aiming required

Step 3:

Stop playing the game again

(nfas fine and balanced lmao)

step 4:

realize you're judging an entire game's balance off an intentionally cqc oriented fc map

step 5:

oops

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

What is it with Jericho people and the NFAS?

Can't even tell how long ago I've seen one on Citadel.

this

11 hours ago, Solamente said:

~

CQC map or not, how many people used the nfas before the pellet changes that LO implemented? damn near none. Now you see far more nfas' in use than any other cq weapon simply because its just that easy to use. It's just a nuisance knowing how much of an 'easy way out' it is and how much people would rather use that than any other option.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, iMiss said:

CQC map or not, how many people used the nfas before the pellet changes that LO implemented? damn near none. Now you see far more nfas' in use than any other cq weapon simply because its just that easy to use. It's just a nuisance knowing how much of an 'easy way out' it is and how much people would rather use that than any other option.

Fun fact: since the per ray damage scale was introduced, it takes one less pellet to min ttk using the NFAS. 

One

Less

Pellet

The system Is set up so that the more pellets you land, the less the damage scale helps. So while bad players may be benefitting from the change, good players are not. 

50 minutes ago, iMiss said:

ive been in fc pretty regularly over the last few weeks and tbh the balance of cqc weapons is, well, balanced - there's a large variety of guns being used at all times

the nfas getting more use seems to be caused more by other shotguns getting neutered, its obviously more viable now that it shares the same range as the rest of the class

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Fun fact: since the per ray damage scale was introduced, it takes one less pellet to min ttk using the NFAS. 

One

Less

Pellet

The system Is set up so that the more pellets you land, the less the damage scale helps. So while bad players may be benefitting from the change, good players are not. 

Your fun fact was infact, not fun... However, i do believe the pellet change was good in theory (for pumps in particular), but it was poor in implementation because it applied to other shotguns. The NFAS was already a forgiving shotgun and it seems this just added another layer, and now people are abusing that fact instead of turning their brains on. Combined with other 'balance' changes that LO has been implementing, it seems they're just more intent on destroying the skill ceiling that once existed by both encouraging brainless play and discouraging learned player improvement. Let me be clear, i am not against learning new mechanics and new ways of play, but i am against making it so brainless players can compete with those who are not.

only places I’ve had a slight problem with it is FC in close quarters.

other than that, gun doesn’t need to be nerfed, very easy to outplay

10 hours ago, iMiss said:

Your fun fact was infact, not fun... However, i do believe the pellet change was good in theory (for pumps in particular), but it was poor in implementation because it applied to other shotguns. The NFAS was already a forgiving shotgun and it seems this just added another layer, and now people are abusing that fact instead of turning their brains on. Combined with other 'balance' changes that LO has been implementing, it seems they're just more intent on destroying the skill ceiling that once existed by both encouraging brainless play and discouraging learned player improvement. Let me be clear, i am not against learning new mechanics and new ways of play, but i am against making it so brainless players can compete with those who are not.

Yes, all shotguns are MUCH more forgiving of bad shots. 

And I agree, that's an issue. 

• Like 2

Your thread title and the actual question is very misleading. I accidentally voted "no" because of it.

The NFAS does need a nerf, especially now since its cqc counter was rolled back.

LO you are doomed to always balance weapons .

Edited by olo

On 10/5/2019 at 1:39 AM, Bambola said:

Those people who simply can't or do not want to realize they just have to stay like 10-15 meters away from an NFAS user, they need some balancing. 

The gun seems fine to me, despite the fact I have never used it myself.

here we go with the "stay 15 metres away from the guy"

lol dude, you realized that most people that use nfas stay in cars 24/7 and only get out of cars when enemies are within those 15m?

On 10/5/2019 at 4:44 AM, illgot said:

what if your enemy stays in the car the entire mission like they actually do?

your enemy will get out of car and ttk you, no matter what you try.

Sign in to follow this