Trivirium

So about them EMP grenades.

9 hours ago, Mitne said:

Eh. Anyone even reads blog from time to time?

Did you even bother to read the thread before coming in trying to be sassy (and failing miserably)?

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Did you even bother to read the thread before coming in trying to be sassy (and failing miserably)?

So about them EMP grenades.
Anyone else super curious as to how exactly they'll work?

I did, did you?

Who else gonna tell you how they gonna work other than man himself?

Or you got some secret juicy info from behind scenes?

Nah? Then stop being sassy yourself.

22 hours ago, Mitne said:

Eh. Anyone even reads blog from time to time?

NOTE: This is still being developed and tested, so some of these details are subject to change.

The EMP Grenade will be a brand new unlockable alternative to other grenade options. When thrown, instead of a regular explosion, the grenade will trigger an Electromagnetic Pulse effect that will last for a certain duration. Anything in the radius of that field will be affected until it dissipates.

Two of the larger complaints about the gameplay right now is that Vehicle Spawns can be really frustrating to destroy, and that it's very common for combat to revolve around getting into vehicles to avoid taking damage / regenerate health and postpone the fight. The EMP helps offset these issues by giving players an optional tool that deals with these.

The effects of an EMP field are:

Disabling BoomBox
Vehicles are electrified and:
People inside of them take damage every few seconds.
Can be prevented from entering vehicles.
Alarms are silenced.
Lights are turned off.
Vehicle is no longer available for spawning.
Remote detonation can no longer be triggered.
The vehicle will explode if remote detonation is active.
Mobile radar is disabled.
Accelerator is disabled, vehicle can still turn and break, but not accelerate.
A HUD message will show up showing that you are affected by EMP.

Source: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/7/23/content-update

this would be the most broken way ever, why would it prevent spawning a car? spawning a car gives you a new one. and i cannot wait for the trolly corner map areas to disable cars and the next spot is just free to claim because the others never arrive there in time.

This idea would lead to: not more tactical choices, but a lot more potential to troll. like running good luck trying to find a civilian car to chase runners. this would be 1000'% troll potential with no real tactical addition than pissing people off.

at least, if that ever would come true, make a blue mod that protects the car from EMP. This would allow one Team to keep a working car but losing the option to use it as a car spawner

Edited by LilyV3

21 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

this would be the most broken way ever, why would it prevent spawning a car? spawning a car gives you a new one. and i cannot wait for the trolly corner map areas to disable cars and the next spot is just free to claim because the others never arrive there in time.

This idea would lead to: not more tactical choices, but a lot more potential to troll. like running good luck trying to find a civilian car to chase runners. this would be 1000'% troll potential with no real tactical addition than pissing people off.

at least, if that ever would come true, make a blue mod that protects the car from EMP. This would allow one Team to keep a working car but losing the option to use it as a car spawner

The EMP grenade seems too specialized for something that temporarily disables the listed features.  Unless the radius is 20 meters, I don't see much use for it over a Conc grenade which can permanently disable all player vehicles with 1 direct hit (unless a player is using blowtorch to repair their vehicle).

I would rather see the Satchel Bomb be converted to use these EMP features.  Satchel Bomb has no real purpose in the game that grenades can not fill so why not just convert it into an EMP bomb?

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:

I smell it gonna be 2 standard EMP nades at max with flak decreasing it to 1. Unless you stand at resupply vendor or car spawner, good luck abusing them.

And spam of EMP nades can be easily countered... with normal nades. Notice description of EMP nades do not imply any damage being directly done to players.

I think this nades gonna land in place among concussions - only being used as niche by some players.

Edited by Mitne

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

this would be the most broken way ever, why would it prevent spawning a car?

pretty sure that means carspawner is disabled

nice idea but they gonna be useless, after first week of "wow we got new stuff"  everybody gonna be back at concs and percs.

Since majority situations u use grenades to deliver last blow or to scare ppl out of cover. Cant see how would emp even compete with that.  Ok u block entering a car as if doors of car needs electricity to be opened...lel, big deal...majority ppl dont even use enter car enter car enter new car tactics. Ok u block usage of car mods such as car spawn at whole what... 10 sec of grenade working? Car spawn is nerfed at 1 min anyway long time ago. 
So basically we  gaining nothin with this new grenades aside, wow effect of some entirely new stuff added to game after few centuries. Gl. 
Would be better imo that u added 4 new hairstyles instead of this grenade, or at least ability to combine fringe side and length of all current existing hairstyles. It would ve much permanent bigger wow effect than emp nades nobody gonna use in fight.

The most use out of these nades will come from dealing with carplays. As in people who have their pioneer/espacio on a leash and jump in the moment they get shot once.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:31 AM, OPK said:

The most use out of these nades will come from dealing with carplays. As in people who have their pioneer/espacio on a leash and jump in the moment they get shot once.

A concussion grenade does the job significantly better, while also having the benefit of being able to be used against players on foot as well.

Unless they decided to hide half the info about the grenade (which would be asinine), EMP grenade as a concept is DoA.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

A concussion grenade does the job significantly better, while also having the benefit of being able to be used against players on foot as well.

Unless they decided to hide half the info about the grenade (which would be asinine), EMP grenade as a concept is DoA.

They maybe useful if they immediately ejected all players out of their vehicles but with the current list of abilities I don't see a lot of use for them over concs.

2 hours ago, illgot said:

They maybe useful if they immediately ejected all players out of their vehicles but with the current list of abilities I don't see a lot of use for them over concs.

You don't see the use of a grenade that not only disables every single vehicle in the game with one shot, prevents players from being able to escape in a vehicle,  and also blocks player health regen upon entering a vehicle by causing damage to anyone inside the vehicle?

That's on you.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You don't see the use of a grenade that not only disables every single vehicle in the game with one shot, prevents players from being able to escape in a vehicle,  and also blocks player health regen upon entering a vehicle by causing damage to anyone inside the vehicle?

That's on you.

we’ve had concs for years, why do we suddenly need a version that doesn’t actually do any damage

i maintain that orbit should have just rebalanced vehicles instead of adding a crappy gimmick item to “counter” carplay

edit: also what kind of sound do emp grenades make?

Edited by Solamente
edit

13 minutes ago, Solamente said:

we’ve had concs for years, why do we suddenly need a version that doesn’t actually do any damage

Because you can drive off when concd?

You can re enter the vehicle and regen health while being concd?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

but you can drive off after being emp’d too, unless you were going like 2mph in which case a conc would still be better

i’d also argue that forcing opp to deal with a vehicle that’s about to explode next to them is more useful than just stopping them from getting in

32 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

without blowtorch you do neither of these because someone that concs your car successfully like this will mostlikely blow it of gien you even initially use a car that survives the conc.  i think the EMP will jsut be the lower skilled peoples conc who cannot aim well on driving cars, but this is nto making the EMP's good by default.

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, Solamente said:

pretty sure that means carspawner is disabled

oh that could be true, was then probably a bit badly worded.

37 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

given you even initially use a car that survives the conc

Id be surprised if I even saw 3 players not using Pioneer, Espacio, or 4x4 in a game session.

What are you even doing if you are driving anything else?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Id be surprised if I even saw 3 players not using Pioneer, Espacio, or 4x4 in a game session.

Fresno!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

FresNO? More like FresYES amirite?

Si

On 10/8/2019 at 1:41 AM, LilyV3 said:

Why would i want to disable a car instead of easily blowing it up?

running with packages needs new ways to counter to make the meta change and APB more diverse and fun.

58 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

FresNO? More like FresYES amirite?

46 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Si

oh please yes and some new  car kits too

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That's on you.

If the radius is less than 10 meters you may be lucky to temporarily disable 1-2 vehicles.

I would rather permanently disable 1 key vehicle per nade then temporarily shut a couple down and do little actual damage to people or vehicles.

Vehicle play doesn't really bother me since I use a volcano half the time.

1 hour ago, illgot said:

If the radius is less than 10 meters you may be lucky to temporarily disable 1-2 vehicles.

I would rather permanently disable 1 key vehicle per nade then temporarily shut a couple down and do little actual damage to people or vehicles.

Vehicle play doesn't really bother me since I use a volcano half the time.

Ahh... fair enough.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, CookiePuss said:

you explode of course but even those cares are pretty disabled if conced at full health, so no need für Emp.

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

you explode of course but even those cares are pretty disabled if conced at full health, so no need für Emp.

laughs in armored engine

Edited by Solamente
typo

13 minutes ago, Solamente said:

laughs in armored engine

doesn't help, armored engine does not increase HP it just makes you have less time between, ohh fu… dead.   After a conc there are just a few bullets more to make it kaboom.