Trivirium

So about them EMP grenades.

Anyone else super curious as to how exactly they'll work? I've seen EMP used in other games like GTA but it's always been rather dull and not overly effective.

Not many people would choose to loose hard damage over keeping people from their cars, after all we have a million and one counters to cars, anyone with a brain knows a JG and a concussion will screw anything up.

Not saying I'm against something new, I'm excited to say the least, I'm just worried where this will fit in overall as a throwable. 

I hope it disables all mod use for 30 seconds and destroys all deployables caught in it's blast radius.

5 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

they described it already, it deactivates vehicles and i believe consumables.

Didn't they also say you stop regenerating health in the car if you are hit with EMP grenade

• Like 1

Will it stop an already ticking Remote Det?

Also are they insta-blast like percs? Or slow-patootie mofos like Concs? 

Cause I can tell you which I'd prefer and it sure doesn't involve an EMP going off 3 days after the vehicle has exploded, repawned, found another vegas, had sex, got pregnant, gave birth to another vegas which grew up, got involved with the wrong crowd, dropped out of HS, equipped remote det and killed me in my retirement home.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

35 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

It doesn't even stop the car in the first place. Literally just disables acceleration, which is the least important part of a vehicle's function in any situation that you'd theoretically want to use this grenade in.

• Like 2

This post should be enough to poke LO to release a more detailed description of an EMP and it's use. So far, with what they've presented, it's useful in certain cancer situations or to disorient someone trying to ram you. With it's current uses right now, I'd agree on the point - it would be dull and people wouldn't want to sacrifice hard damage. Then again, when it's released and LO sees little use, a buff will be introduced.

Adding a variety is good either way. With a team comp where three use hard damage and one uses EMP's it could be pulled off well. Being the EMP guy would give a person responsibility and a role.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

It doesn't even stop the car in the first place. Literally just disables acceleration, which is the least important part of a vehicle's function in any situation that you'd theoretically want to use this grenade in.

That makes me a sadpanda. 

I guess it stops people from running. But would really like it to disable vehicles totally or at least delay remote det - what is the counter to that other than kiss your patootie goodbye? 

• Like 1

I dont think many people will sacrifice the real granades for EMP nades as it wont be usefull in most situations. I wonder why they introduced it in 1st place, when majority of people asked for simple smoke grenade....

• Like 1

remote det mods that are already active immediately explode when affected by EMPs iirc

and also iirc EMPs actively damage players in affected vehicles, the intent for them is to basically be a hard counter for sweaty carplay - of course, balancing vehicles would achieve the same result, but that’s a little too inside the box for little orbit

I honestly can't remember what was said publicly and what I've heard that's under NDA. 

I will say though nothing is set in stone, so whatever the mod releases as, it can be tweaked for effectiveness from there. 

lol why would anyone want them to make a nade to counter remote det... how about we ask them to make remote det have a cool down like every other mod... its pretty broken that you can just respawn your car and your cooldown is already ready to blow someone up again dont you think?

low yields were great for blowing up cars why did they nerf this? only to give us a dedicated emp nade for cars? how about car missions now with emp nades... its gonna be hell to complete an attack on a car mission with alig, dog ear, dmr-av, killer bee, volcano, osmaw, jg+concs, showstopper AND NOW EMP NADES.

15 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

when majority of people asked for simple smoke grenade....

Considering smoke grenades wouldn't work in this game due to certain mechanics, that's never going to happen.

• Like 1

@Hexerin actualy its possible to make that its impossible to see the names and hits thro the smoke in Unreal engine. If amateur student devs of RenX could do it, i bet LO can.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

Will this give people who don't have the appropriate weapons to chase down car surfing rocket launcher's, volcano , alig e.t.c in objective missions?

4 hours ago, ThePridsss said:

Will this give people who don't have the appropriate weapons to chase down car surfing rocket launcher's, volcano , alig e.t.c in objective missions?

If you can land a nade on them, sure. 

Edited by CookiePuss

Either the Blast radius is HUUUUGE, so that even the worst average joe can use it, or it is just going to be a an inferior conc.

otherwise all this is going to be is an easy troll mode for running because try toc chase someone  throwing them to a following car. :P Honestly, it's concept sounds like a bad idea, it does not really add anything to the game a regular conc can't do or just do better.

Why would i want to disable a car instead of easily blowing it up?

if disabling cars should be a valid tactic then we would need to remove all primary anti vehicle weapons and grenades or massively buff car health to make them not blow up that easily. Only then will disabling a car be a tactical choice over the effort to destroy them. But wit how easy you can destroy them, EMP's are dead on arrival.

Eh. Anyone even reads blog from time to time?

NOTE: This is still being developed and tested, so some of these details are subject to change.

The EMP Grenade will be a brand new unlockable alternative to other grenade options. When thrown, instead of a regular explosion, the grenade will trigger an Electromagnetic Pulse effect that will last for a certain duration. Anything in the radius of that field will be affected until it dissipates.

Two of the larger complaints about the gameplay right now is that Vehicle Spawns can be really frustrating to destroy, and that it's very common for combat to revolve around getting into vehicles to avoid taking damage / regenerate health and postpone the fight. The EMP helps offset these issues by giving players an optional tool that deals with these.

The effects of an EMP field are:

Disabling BoomBox
Vehicles are electrified and:
People inside of them take damage every few seconds.
Can be prevented from entering vehicles.
Alarms are silenced.
Lights are turned off.
Vehicle is no longer available for spawning.
Remote detonation can no longer be triggered.
The vehicle will explode if remote detonation is active.
Mobile radar is disabled.
Accelerator is disabled, vehicle can still turn and break, but not accelerate.
A HUD message will show up showing that you are affected by EMP.

Source: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/7/23/content-update

On 10/3/2019 at 11:28 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

Also are they insta-blast like percs? Or slow-patootie mofos like Concs? 

Cause I can tell you which I'd prefer and it sure doesn't involve an EMP going off 3 days after the vehicle has exploded, repawned, found another vegas, had sex, got pregnant, gave birth to another vegas which grew up, got involved with the wrong crowd, dropped out of HS, equipped remote det and killed me in my retirement home.

LOL

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2019 at 6:42 AM, AxeTurboAgresor said:

The emp grenade seems so situational that I don't see people using it much outside specific vehicle missions.

No matter what I hope they don't require a high rank to unlock.  

Edited by illgot