Lixil

PATCH NOTES 1.20.0 (1170)

1 hour ago, Uke said:

Other ARs should've nerfed ttk instead. It makes no sense for N-tec to kill as fast as PMG. Longer range, longer ttk. It's a simple balancing rule.

SHAW, ALIG, AMG-556? CR762 vs OBIR? FBW vs .45? Carbine? Dog Ear? DMR 2-shot range?

SMGs have the benefit of hip-fire accuracy. It's easier for an SMG user to strafe and min TTK an N-TEC that is stationary trying to track the SMG user's movement. The even TTKs give the N-TEC at least a fighting chance.

3 hours ago, crusade said:

SMGs have the benefit of hip-fire accuracy. It's easier for an SMG user to strafe and min TTK an N-TEC that is stationary trying to track the SMG user's movement. The even TTKs give the N-TEC at least a fighting chance.

What you're saying would make sense if ntec wasnt 10 times as accurate as smgs which makes it not only as good but even better than smgs in certain cqc situations.

39 minutes ago, Uke said:

What you're saying would make sense if ntec wasnt 10 times as accurate as smgs which makes it not only as good but even better than smgs in certain cqc situations.

Outside of the Norsemen, if you get beat by an N-TEC in cqc while wielding an SMG, that's on you... not the weapons.

38 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Outside of the Norsemen, if you get beat by an N-TEC in cqc while wielding an SMG, that's on you... not the weapons.

Implying you always hit every shot with every smg.

Same goes to the N-TEC.

But said weapon is still very effective in CQC and can hold its ground against those guns.

It definitely needs more work than SMGs to beat them, but it's entirely possible.

Edited by GhosT

ITT -

Community: Nerf the NTEC LO!

LO: Yeah, we can do that!

Community: Not like that.

LO: Oh. Well... How about- 

LO: What if-

Community: Not like that

LO: Maybe we could-

Community: You know, just stop trying

5 minutes ago, ChellyBean said:

ITT -

Community: Nerf the NTEC LO!

LO: Yeah, we can do that!

LO: Oh. Well... How about- 

LO: What if-

Community: Not like that

LO: Maybe we could-

Community: You know, just stop trying

Happens when you have to rely on community feedback when you don't have much experience with the game or even gun itself.

And that's perfectly fine. It'll take a while to balance the N-TEC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

It's not about beating all SMGs in cqc, it's the fact that the ntec is shockingly viable in cqc excellent in mid and decent from mid to longish.  The only real negative is the longest ranges.

6 minutes ago, illgot said:

It's not about beating all SMGs in cqc, it's the fact that the ntec is shockingly viable in cqc excellent in mid and decent from mid to longish.  The only real negative is the longest ranges.

If its already not the best in cqc, why do you need to make it worse at cqc?

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

If its already not the best in cqc, why do you need to make it worse at cqc?

Why does the ntec only need to have one downside (sniper ranges) while every other weapon has multiple downsides in either range, accuracy, reload, ammo, equip time, etc.

High skilled vets generally use the ntec as their go to weapon for everything except in extreme ranges.  There is a reason for that and the developers know why.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, crusade said:

24 rounds a mag still puts the weapon at 4 potential kills a mag. Compare this to any non-LMG (or the Carbine for example). Mag pull 3 on a 24 standard would be 18, still 3 potential kills a mag, which is still decent magazine-wise.

Why not just buff STAR RoF so that it's 0.70 TTK to bring it in-line with the rest of the ARs?

Nerfing Bloom, Jump Modifier, and Soft Damage I don't have problems with either.

Nerfing the effective range 5m might be okay, but it puts it at a weird place because every other AR is at 50m. I think nerfing bloom is enough to reduce the midrange TTK, but both nerfs stacked on top of each other seems unnecessary. However, I do believe Improved Rifling still needs to be looked at again.

IR has needed looked at forever, but they have no means of effectively balancing it. Just like they have no means of effectively balancing 3ps3.

As for why not buff other AR's to .7, probably because while the STAR is the only "f2p" outlier which would do so, the other "assault rifles" from ARMAS are still higher than .7 as well. (misery, condor is condor a rifle?, etc). I find that it makes more sense to have AR's have a more .75 ttk and cqc guns at .70 (oca, jg etc). It's simply how i've always felt a decent balance would be. As for the FAR staying .7, i'm fine with due to it being so similar to the star. If it "has" to be put to .75 as well, I won't argue against it, but i feel that should be done at a later time.

I think the range is simply because they are afraid of it remaining as viable at range with the current changes. I know it sounds weird, but going to test B and checking it out, the ranged effectiveness only changed "slightly" and the ttk increase means nothing when it comes to being tap fired. Nerfing bloom did reduce the ttk, but I think they wanted to reduce its ranged ttk further, without ruining other aspects of the weapon.

----thanks for the response merges---

Edited by Noob_Guardian

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

It's like I'm talking with people who don't even play the game and have to spell out everything.

If players utilize cover and only parts of their hitboxes are visible, much better accuracy of an Ntec gives you the advantage. Just because it's cqc doesn't mean mobility is the only thing that matters.

4 hours ago, Uke said:

It's like I'm talking with people who don't even play the game and have to spell out everything.

If players utilize cover and only parts of their hitboxes are visible, much better accuracy of an Ntec gives you the advantage. Just because it's cqc doesn't mean mobility is the only thing that matters.

Mobility, ttk, being forced to ads instead of hipfire. 

There simply is no reason to lose to an ntec with an SMG in cqc unless you get outplayed. Cover is fine, but  your opp can use it as well. And I'm not sure why you think hitting part of a hitbox is hard anyways. 

So sure if your position is advantageous, you can outperform a better weapon. But this is true of any weapon. In the case of all other things being equal the only reason an ntec beats an SMG inside 20-25m is because you simply got outplayed. 

P.S. nearing 6,000 hours in game

Edited by CookiePuss

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Mobility, ttk, being forced to ads instead of hipfire. 

There simply is no reason to lose to an ntec with an SMG in cqc unless you get outplayed. Cover is fine, but  your opp can use it as well. And I'm not sure why you think hitting part of a hitbox is hard anyways. 

So sure if your position is advantageous, you can outperform a better weapon. But this is true of any weapon. In the case of all other things being equal the only reason an ntec beats an SMG inside 20-25m is because you simply got outplayed. 

The ntec covers multiple ranges and is only piss poor at sniper ranges.  Cqc weapons only cover cqc ranges, some only up to 10 meters effectively.  An ntec won't out perform every cqc weapon in cqc ranges but for a weapon with such diversity and range coverage, along with having nearly no massive drawbacks save sniper ranges, the ntec is too viable in cqc due to its accuracy, rate of fire and clip size.

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, illgot said:

The ntec covers multiple ranges and is only piss poor at sniper ranges.  Cqc weapons only cover cqc ranges, some only up to 10 meters effectively.  An ntec won't hear out every cqc weapon in cqc ranges but for a weapon with such diversity and range coverage, along with having nearly no massive drawbacks save sniper ranges, the ntec is too viable in cqc due to its accuracy, rate of fire and clip size.

By 70m the ntec is doing like 56 damage per shot. 

That's 18 shots to kill.

That's an ntec with a ttk of over 2 seconds. 

Honestly if you die to an ntec outside of it's effective range, you were so out of position that almost any gun with more range than pointman weapons would have also killed you. 

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

By 70m the ntec is doing like 56 damage per shot. 

That's 18 shots to kill.

That's an ntec with a ttk of over 2 seconds. 

Honestly if you die to an ntec outside of it's effective range, you were so out of position that almost any gun with more range than pointman weapons would have also killed you. 

How long will it take an OCA to kill a person at 70 meters?

How about a shotgun (you pick)?

2 seconds for the ntec... my gosh, how ineffective especially if your opponent is using a cqc weapon.

The ntec isn't the best outside if it's effective range, but it is at least viable.  And it is still decent at cqc 1000 times more than a cqc weapon is at 70 meters.

1 minute ago, illgot said:

How long will it take an OCA to kill a person at 70 meters?

How about a shotgun (you pick)?

2 seconds for the ntec... my gosh, how ineffective especially if your opponent is using a cqc weapon.

The ntec isn't the best outside if it's effective range, but it is at least viable.  And it is still decent at cqc 1000 times more than a cqc weapon is at 70 meters.

Yes. The weapons all perform well within their effective ranges, and are outperformed outside of it. This is called balance. 

41 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yes. The weapons all perform well within their effective ranges, and are outperformed outside of it. This is called balance. 

The ntec is good in CQC, excellent in mid and decent in long ranges.  It has no massive downsides other than sniper ranges.

Lets take the SHAW.  It has one of the lowest TTKs in the game, an effective range of 80 meters, but is by far not viable in most fights due to it's lack of accuracy, lack of mobility, complete lack of accuracy while moving, and equip time.

Most weapons in APB has massive downsides in multiple areas like the SHAW, the ntec really only has one (sniper ranges).  Other than sniper ranges it is good in CQC, excellent in mid and decent in long ranges.

CQC weapons have massive downsides past 10-20 meters, that means in mid, long and sniper ranges they are completely ineffective.  They have massive spread and poor accuracy so even if they had an effective range of 100 meters hitting anyone past mid range would be a miracle.

The ntec in it's current form is fun because it is viable in almost every situation, but it needs balancing because it makes almost every weapon in the game pale in comparison.  Sure, some weapons will be better than the ntec in certain areas, but no weapon is as versatile in CQC, mid and long range.

Edited by illgot

1 hour ago, illgot said:

The ntec is good in CQC, excellent in mid and decent in long ranges.  It has no massive downsides other than sniper ranges.

The ntec in it's current form is fun because it is viable in almost every situation, but it needs balancing because it makes almost every weapon in the game pale in comparison.  Sure, some weapons will be better than the ntec in certain areas, but no weapon is as versatile in CQC, mid and long range.

What you are describing is literally the point of all ARs in APB. 

If you want guns that aren't viable across the ranges you have given, then campaign for the removal of assault rifles entirely. 

Pointman weapons are already problematic. Carplay already makes them far more effective than they should be. The more you nerf any AR, the more you exacerbate that problem. 

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

What you are describing is literally the point of all ARs in APB. 

If you want guns that aren't viable across the ranges you have given, then campaign for the removal of assault rifles entirely. 

no, I am describing the ntec.  The other ARs have more short comings, less range, less accuracy, less damage.  There is no reason to use any other AR due to the diversity of the ntec.

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I'm gonna give you time to think about it a little longer.

Can we please stop to "balance" things till we get the friggin engine upgrade?

LO u know that ppl with actual (new) PC can't play (cuz of RTX bug)...

Also there are times where i can't play at all cuz of too low population. logged out after i get gold > loggin in > ah nice just a bronce district > go play anything else and don't touch APB for the next 2 weeks. 

Ah and can we also disable hieroglyphs (kyrill) in chat or make it possible to disable if we wan't to?

Yea that's just my 2 cent...

4 hours ago, HighSociety said:

(cuz of RTX bug)...

Have you tried lowering settings?

I only get the RTX OOM error if running at max. 

I realize how crazy it is to have to turn down graphics with suck powerful cards, but it has helped. 

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Have you tried lowering settings?

I only get the RTX OOM error if running at max. 

I realize how crazy it is to have to turn down graphics with suck powerful cards, but it has helped. 

Yea after ~4000h of lag spikes, disconnects, rubberbanding and so on (or short APB) and because i'm addicted i found out that playing on low is helping.

APB doesn't even look good with max settings but much more enjoyable 🙃

It's more about the "new" players... there are still some ppl out there willing to put some time into a game to get better but if a game crashes for no reason they won't take a look how to solve it > delete APB. 

thank u for trying to help! 

12 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

It's more about the "new" players... there are still some ppl out there willing to put some time into a game to get better but if a game crashes for no reason they won't take a look how to solve it > delete APB.

Thats a good point.

7 hours ago, illgot said:

no, I am describing the ntec.  The other ARs have more short comings, less range, less accuracy, less damage.  There is no reason to use any other AR due to the diversity of the ntec.

Then why do so many players choose to use the other ARs?

Considering the ntec is a free gun, that's an important question.

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Then why do so many players choose to use the other ARs?

Considering the ntec is a free gun, that's an important question.

The most common weapon, not just AR, I come across is the ntec or a variant there of.  It is not uncommon for me to into a mission where one whole side is using ntecs.

As for why some people do not use the ntec, it's not for everyone.  Players are individuals and enjoy different play styles, they have differing skill levels and some just refuse to use "the most popular" weapon out of a sense of stubborn pride.

Hell, I know explosive weapons aren't the best but I use them the most because it's fun blowing stuff up, but when I start to lose too much ground I fall back on the ntec.  So many people do this, especially against golds, they start out with their "fun" weapon and end up falling back to the ntec when they need to put up a good fight.

The ntec is great in multiple ranges, has a good equip time, has no hindering movement penalties when equipped, doesn't require a player to stand perfectly still to land shots, and has plenty of ammo, and great accuracy/damage.  The only downside to the ntec is at sniper ranges.  No other AR is as diverse which is why the ntec is so commonly seen.

Edited by illgot