Lixil

PATCH NOTES 1.20.0 (1170)

Hello everyone!

A new patch is going up onto the Live servers for PC. This patch will be happening on Wednesday 10/2/2019. Patch will start at 9 AM UTC and will last for 2 hours.

Console will have its normal maintenance starting at 9 AM UTC as well.

Patch Notes

Many of the weapon changes that we have been making over the past few months are being moved from the Prototype Districts into all districts. For more information about the exact stats please head here: https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/11293-discussion-weapon-balance-changes-to-live-and-ir3-on-the-fang/

We are adding in the new Dark Prophecy clothing line to Armas based on the the tarot cards Death, Priestess and Tower. Each set will include 5 preset pieces. Check back each week for the next set in the Dark Prophecy line!

Weapon Balance Changes

NTEC-5 and its variants:

Test A:
No change

Test B:
We are changing the NTEC-5 in the following way:

Previous Prototype District B Values

- Increase the Jump Modifier from 12 to 30

- Increase the Fire Interval from 0.14 sec to 0.17 sec

- Decrease the Recovery per second from 5.00 to 3.00

- Reduce Effective Range by 5m

New Prototype District B Values

- Health damage: 185 -> 180

- Fire Interval: .14 -> .15

- Increase the Jump Modifier from 12 to 30

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Interested to see if the new clothes look decent or not and that looks like a solid change to the Ntec it hits all the aspects that are generally abused.

Less hp damage but still 6stk (not a big deal imo but i don't understand the reasoning behind it less effective at range?)

.75 ttk (yes!)

jump mod is fine - same as original test B

recovery looks fine - same as original test B

range looks fine - same as original test B

Looks like LO is listening to player suggestions for testing some of the weapon changes as well. Looking forward to seeing how the recovery is with the new ttk change on test B tho hoping it feels good.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

Hope the tarot clothing will at some point be customizable.

21 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Less hp damage but still 6stk (not a big deal imo but i don't understand the reasoning behind it less effective at range?)

Looks like LO is listening to player suggestions for testing some of the weapon changes as well. Looking forward to seeing how the recovery is with the new ttk change on test B tho hoping it feels good.

I agree, the 45m dropoff change isn't needed especially if they're going to make it have the the lower dmg as the FAR and STAR has, which would make it the stk increase start sooner anyway, right? And I think this time around I'll give them credit because it has felt they have listened. Other than my worry about the Rfp feeling underpowered I have no qualms about any changes
-
But uhhh, preset (non-customizeable) clothing? In Armas? I dunno about that decision, chief 

• Like 1

so yea, about those clothes...
are they actually new models of clothes or already existing pieces?

why does the range reduction still exist if you're also making the ntec worse at longer ranges via other changes? there's no need for double nerfs

why are we just wasting an entire balance cycle for test district A? this would be the perfect opportunity to test a version that retains its long range capabilities but nerfs its cqc capability 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Recovery nerf is enough to increase NTEC's TTK at range which is where it is most troublesome.

Why add :

HP Damage
Drop Off reduction
(a bit more acceptable) RoF reduction

on top of all that?

3 hours ago, Lixil said:

New Prototype District B Values

- Fire Interval: .14 -> .15

Pick one of these. As others have said, it's unnecessary to nerf all three aspects simultaneously when only one of these changes might be enough. It's kind of like troubleshooting something. You don't change three things about something then test to see if it works. You're not going to know which thing you did could have fixed it. Meanwhile, the other two things could just end up re-breaking it.

I still think the magazine nerf is better though (except down to 24 instead of 28).

Edited by crusade

4 hours ago, Lixil said:

We are adding in the new Dark Prophecy clothing line to Armas based on the the tarot cards Death, Priestess and Tower. Each set will include 5 preset pieces. Check back each week for the next set in the Dark Prophecy line!

things will also have flaws ?

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:10 AM, Nitronik said:

Recovery nerf is enough to increase NTEC's TTK at range which is where it is most troublesome.

Why add :

HP Damage
Drop Off reduction
(a bit more acceptable) RoF reduction

on top of all that?

How much does the Damage change affect in shots to kill? and at which ranges? Check that and you see how much effect it truly has.  This effect really just has a lot impact on specific longer ranges during dropoff so it's impact is small and affects, together with the range nerf, the long range capabilities.  It sounds much but truly isn't

The RoF change is to make it less competitive with cqc guns, which is good, because the natural ttk of the N-tec always was too low.

These two changes put the n-tec more into it's bracket it always should have had.

The Debloom however, I cannot yet make out how much impact it will have, it always had a crazy debloom, and 3 is still a lot. it will probably be the biggest impact as it affects accuracy and ttk directly at ranges.

But so far even if it sounds all drastically it is not too much it is needed to give th n-tec a proper area to perform good without performing too good in other weapons niche.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

Once again the Test B changes are a classic case of "throw everything we have and hope it works". A 0.75 ttk is on the whole a pretty good idea, which along with the jump shooting nerf should be enough to bring the N-tec in line - the slower accuracy recover and reduced range (AND reduced health damage) seem like complete overkill. Remember the job here is to balance weapons, not ritualistically destroy guns completely. This is starting to become reminiscent of the old Obeya CR 762 and PMG changes from 2012 where G1 completely ruined weapons for a couple of months with their over eager nerfing. 

@MattScott once again I have to ask - is the Ursus going to receive any of this treatment? If these changes go ahead, it will kill faster, with less bullets than the regular N-tec, have more range and be better at jump shooting. You stated you don't like P2W weapons - well let's ensure there isn't a straight N-tec upgrade you can win by gambling for it!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Once again the Test B changes are a classic case of "throw everything we have and hope it works". A 0.75 ttk is on the whole a pretty good idea, which along with the jump shooting nerf should be enough to bring the N-tec in line - the slower accuracy recover and reduced range (AND reduced health damage) seem like complete overkill. Remember the job here is to balance weapons, not ritualistically destroy guns completely. This is starting to become reminiscent of the old Obeya CR 762 and PMG changes from 2012 where G1 completely ruined weapons for a couple of months with their over eager nerfing. 

@MattScott once again I have to ask - is the Ursus going to receive any of this treatment? If these changes go ahead, it will kill faster, with less bullets than the regular N-tec, have more range and be better at jump shooting. You stated you don't like P2W weapons - well let's ensure there isn't a straight N-tec upgrade you can win by gambling for it!

THIS

53 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I second this. 

The changes are too radical and in my opinion reducing recovery rate / range / damage is not the way to go.

I'd try adjusting max bloom + bloom per shot or recoil or maybe a combination of the three to reduce its cqc abilities.

Edited by Speedz

I would like to know which type of outfits are going to hit the armas, but like the previous update.. no any images related them.

Feel like peoples forget things before going to learn them.

PS #1 Also finally buffing a bit those 2 secondaries.

#MakeThemMoreUseful (just because i have wasted my money since years but never used them a lot due to issues and how much useless compared to others).

PS #2 Can't wait to try out the new change for the NTEC and to see players crying for shotguns ^^.

Edited by Guest

When? i cant see new stuf in armas

3 minutes ago, Shiggi said:

When?

when they update armas

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

when they update armas

They didn't even shared any image of them, why should someone (example me) save money over a word?

I need actual images, how am i supposed to like or not them? wasting my time waiting and then look and say "ah.. presets.. ah.. classic ones.. ah, i don't like em."

Isn't my problems because i have the money, but for who need to save them is important to see what they looks like and how much you need to spend for those.

Pay money for preset garbage ooooooof

• Like 2

Just now, AlishaAzure said:

They didn't even shared any image of them, why should someone (example me) save money over a word?

I need actual images, how am i supposed to like or not them? wasting my time waiting and then look and say "ah.. presets.. ah.. classic ones.. ah, i don't like em."

Isn't my problems because i have the money, but for who need to save them is important to see what they looks like and how much you need to spend for those.

considering they're called "preset pieces" i think its safe to assume they arent new clothing assets nor are they that expensive

im also unsure of how much money one can save in the few hours until these are likely put on armas, and if that's your financial situation you shouldnt be buying pixels

16 minutes ago, Solamente said:

considering they're called "preset pieces" i think its safe to assume they arent new clothing assets nor are they that expensive

im also unsure of how much money one can save in the few hours until these are likely put on armas, and if that's your financial situation you shouldnt be buying pixels

Is just for clarification, and i think they missed images again, like they did with the items released 2 weeks ago.

If they are really "presets" why put them on armas and not with the next contacts, just release other unreleased things or try to follow up with the dates of the next updates, what's the point on making presets in there.. would make it but in-game unlocking system.

For money required was just an additional thing they could say, like game announcements.

"New preset items are going to costs $5/700 G1C" easy example.

And i need to say something, i don't know how much of apb you know but those items added 2 weeks ago weren't really new, just unreleased, and they just pushed up the prices of them.

I was thinking of 150/250 G1C max for each of them, but my god.. 499, not talking about account lifetime price.

I mean.. okay, i like the effort they putting into bringing new stuff into the sh*t old engine and spaghetti code of the game.

I bought them in anyway, but like i said eh, the price wasn't the best.

PS Also, absolutely no, i don't have any problems with money, i did bought the entire armas more than 5 times, everything account lifetime.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Speedz said:

I second this. 

The changes are too radical and in my opinion reducing recovery rate / range / damage is not the way to go.

I'd try adjusting max bloom + bloom per shot or recoil or maybe a combination of the three to reduce its cqc abilities.

I agree with this.

10 hours ago, Lixil said:

Patch Notes

For adding new clothes thumbs up definitely ❤️👌👏  but why oh why are you making it preset ?!?!?! 

In only game available around with highest customization & design options you are restricting designing of new clothes ! Why ?!?! :classic_sad: