MattScott

DISCUSSION: Weapon balance changes to LIVE and IR3 on the Fang

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

some were vocal about it before rage quitting.

bronze district tends to have the newer players so in my case since i play both I witnessed it

You get the ntec after what, 12 kills with the STAR?

They quit because 12 kills got them an OP gun?

rfp finally got nerfed? nice

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

You get the ntec after what, 12 kills with the STAR?

They quit because 12 kills got them an OP gun?

i didnt know any of them personally i only know of the raging i witnesed

n tec getting some tweaks should be helpful

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

i didnt know any of them personally i only know of the raging i witnesed

n tec getting some tweaks should be helpful

I guess... if making the first free weapon players unlock worse, is somehow helpful.

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah we must be playing different games then.

Pointman + Fang has been meta for quite some time now.

It's not that we are playing different games. It just proves how little actual respectful / skill focused players are there.
I've personally met probably less than 20 people over the years who wouldn't like to abuse op guns and would instead focus on improving above anything else.

5 hours ago, Thial said:

It's not that we are playing different games. It just proves how little actual respectful / skill focused players are there.
I've personally met probably less than 20 people over the years who wouldn't like to abuse op guns and would instead focus on improving above anything else.

I don't know, I'm familiar with the very best players in the game. The ones so good they get win streaks as long as their play session. Good, honest, friendly people.  All use meta weapons. It's a competitive game, if you don't want to be competitive, play something else. 

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I don't know, I'm familiar with the very best players in the game. The ones so good they get win streaks as long as their play session. Good, honest, friendly people.  All use meta weapons. It's a competitive game, if you don't want to be competitive, play something else. 

Yeah of course it's ok to use meta guns if other people are using meta guns. It's not like you are going to put yourself at a disadvantage on purpose when you are playing vs top players.

8 minutes ago, Thial said:

Yeah of course it's ok to use meta guns if other people are using meta guns. It's not like you are going to put yourself at a disadvantage on purpose when you are playing vs top players.

btw OSCAR FBW-SD and OBIR are all meta weapons, one of which is already being nerfed and the other two are likely to be nerfed in the future due to their outperforming other weapons

0mUOaU7.png

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

btw OSCAR FBW-SD and OBIR are all meta weapons, one of which is already being nerfed and the other two are likely to be nerfed in the future due to their outperforming other weapons

don't think that FBW is necessarily op but it's definitely amazing if you can master it. Constant aimbot + macro hackusations guaranteed. Same goes for OSCAR although oscar is quite damn strong but at the same time it's very punishing if you miss, still should face a rebalance. Obir definitely should get slapped since you can play it on every range + corner pop and qs with secondaries which is quite tricky to counter if someone is good at it.

Edited by Thial

41 minutes ago, Thial said:

don't think that FBW is necessarily op but it's definitely amazing if you can master it. Constant aimbot + macro hackusations guaranteed. Same goes for OSCAR although oscar is quite damn strong but at the same time it's very punishing if you miss, still should face a rebalance. Obir definitely should get slapped since you can play it on every range + corner pop and qs with secondaries which is quite tricky to counter if someone is good at it.

Sometimes I feel like "op" is not the best term as well. 

Since people tend to associate it with something being absolutely broken. 

...we need better words

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sometimes I feel like "op" is not the best term as well. 

Since people tend to associate it with something being absolutely broken. 

...we need better words

overtuned 😄

26 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Nailed it.

Upvotes to the right.

There is a potential issue with the OCA changes @MattScott has pointed out on the OP of this thread.

The OCA's fire interval should have been increased to 0.098 seconds, however, none of the OCA variants have obtained this fire rate according to APBDB. Standard (such as the Stiletto) and non-Whisper silenced models have been downgraded further to 0.100, giving them a 0.7s TTK:

PDW "Stiletto" stats

The Whisper and its reskin (Kris), on the other hand, have not been touched and retain the pre-patch 0.64s TTK, making them superior to the other variants:

PDW "Kris" stats

I have tried to measure the fire rate by recording myself emptying the magazine of a Kris, then doing the same with a Stiletto. It takes noticeably longer (when slowing down the video) to empty the Stiletto, which backs up the APBDB stats. However, this is not the most precise of methods and it would be nice if someone else could test to see if there is an actual fire rate difference in game. 

Edited by Lyfeld

On 10/16/2019 at 6:51 PM, Lyfeld said:

There is a potential issue with the OCA changes @MattScott has pointed out on the OP of this thread.

The OCA's fire interval should have been increased to 0.098 seconds, however, none of the OCA variants have obtained this fire rate according to APBDB. Standard (such as the Stiletto) and non-Whisper silenced models have been downgraded further to 0.100, giving them a 0.7s TTK:

PDW "Stiletto" stats

The Whisper and its reskin (Kris), on the other hand, have not been touched and retain the pre-patch 0.64s TTK, making them superior to the other variants:

PDW "Kris" stats

I have tried to measure the fire rate by recording myself emptying the magazine of a Kris, then doing the same with a Stiletto. It takes noticeably longer (when slowing down the video) to empty the Stiletto, which backs up the APBDB stats. However, this is not the most precise of methods and it would be nice if someone else could test to see if there is an actual fire rate difference in game. 

this is already known to my knowledge by the SPCT and so the game mods. It'll probably be fixed sooner or later.