MattScott

DISCUSSION: Weapon balance changes to LIVE and IR3 on the Fang

7 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea. The workload to do it would be absolutely insane though, because it'd involve a whole lot more than simply deleting mods.

Yeah I agree actually. Mods don't really serve any purpose, and don't bring any variety to the gameplay. Getting to choose my loadout and customize my playstyle is boring.

Quite frankly, I think we should also delete weapons. Shooting people is not fun. I have never followed a rule. That is my rule. Do you follow? I don't.

On 10/5/2019 at 9:33 PM, Hexerin said:

They should really change this, as it's completely foreign to a player who has played any other shooter (except maybe Counterstrike, which has an even more asinine design). Doesn't cause problems most of the time, but when it does it's painfully noticeable.

I don't think other games handle this any different. If they did, the crosshairs would have to change size whenever the distance to the targeted area changes. Which I have only seen in less than a handful of games.

19 hours ago, SkittyM said:

It is transparent.  Weapon skins offer no benefits in the slightest.  Glow skins give a bit of a disadvantage but the graphics are messed up enough that that isn't much of a thing.

It could be made more transparent, however, if weapon meshes (I assume this what @lgawe1994 referred to) would be select-able via drop-down menu, just like skins.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:00 AM, henjey said:

I can’t wait for the NTEC fix. Then people will go to Obeya, LO will fix this weapon, then the same will happen with Obir, etc. As a result, we'll have a min TTK on weapons 5sec. :'DD

it doesnt matter what people use so long as there is a balance rather than any particular gun that is too overkill in all situations

I believe those of you commenting the way you did  missed that very point.

On 10/5/2019 at 6:13 AM, Kreedz said:

Every weapon is good as it is

disagree

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

It could be made more transparent, however, if weapon meshes (I assume this what @lgawe1994 referred to) would be select-able via drop-down menu, just like skins.

Probably plans for this knowing how absolutely railed the games weapon system is.  Still irked that there's like 20 different SMGs statistically since the SMG Silencer doesn't do anything.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

pFZe3Up.png

🤔

Rz1BMIv.png

You see how these are all zeros?  That states that it does absolutely nothing.

FmJWlzc.png

Here's Pistol Silencer for reference.  It has Type -73 and -79 which also have Multiplier/Add values.  Type 0 is Null and doesn't do anything.  The effects of the silencer are integrated in the weapon stats.  This is why the OCA SD is broken along with the Whisper, but the Whisper has actual different stats besides the silencer.

24 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Rz1BMIv.png

You see how these are all zeros?  That states that it does absolutely nothing.

FmJWlzc.png

Here's Pistol Silencer for reference.  It has Type -73 and -79 which also have Multiplier/Add values.  Type 0 is Null and doesn't do anything.  The effects of the silencer are integrated in the weapon stats.  This is why the OCA SD is broken along with the Whisper, but the Whisper has actual different stats besides the silencer.

TIL changing the weapon stats doesn't mean changing the weapon stats. 

Well with the base RFP Nerf this now makes the Talon completely fucking useless.  Amazing.

I have owned the fang for a long time and I'm actually happy with the changes. Fang was way too op. It was very fast, very accurate and had an amazing range. 3 fast corner pop bursts and people were deleted from the game. Yeah it sucks from the customer standpoint but in the end we all want a balanced game without the p2w stigma.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thial said:

I have owned the fang for a long time and I'm actually happy with the changes.

You own the Fang and you are happy it got nerfed?

ffO6YlX.png

On 10/12/2019 at 2:38 PM, CookiePuss said:

You own the Fang and you are happy it got nerfed?

ffO6YlX.png

I guess you can't comprehend the idea that some people want a relatively balanced game and not just few meta guns.

2 minutes ago, Thial said:

I guess you can't comprehend the idea that some people want a relatively balanced game and not just few meta guns.

Ninja... Why you bought the OP gun in the first place then?

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Ninja... Why you bought the OP gun in the first place then?

Got it pretty much right after it came out so...

Got it pretty much right after it came out so...

Probably gonna sit in your locker right next to your TroubleMaker and Nano.

I hate when I accidentally buy "OP" weapons too.

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Probably gonna sit in your locker right next to your TroubleMaker and Nano.

I hate when I accidentally buy "OP" weapons too.

Well I work, make money, buy new stuff that comes out. I have like 90% of apb guns skipping only the useless mod configs so sorry but you are wrong.
And if you wanna insult my skill for owning a fang then you would have to insult the majority of the best apb players too since most people own the majority of guns including the op ones. Failed troll.

PS. Nano is trash. Speaks more about you than me if you consider it op.

Edited by Thial

Well I work, make money, buy new stuff that comes out. I have like 90% of apb guns skipping only the useless mod configs so sorry but you are wrong.
And if you wanna insult my skill for owning a fang then you would have to insult the majority of the best apb players too since most people own the majority of guns including the op ones. Failed troll.

PS. Nano is trash.

Oh Im not saying anything about your skill my man, I dont think we even know each other, so Ive no idea.

The nano was a reference to the OP nano of old, ditto for the TM. I could have said Yukon as well, but I was never a big fan.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh Im not saying anything about your skill my man, I dont think we even know each other, so Ive no idea.

The nano was a reference to the OP nano of old, ditto for the TM. I could have said Yukon as well, but I was never a big fan.

If you wanna say that the old nano and troublemaker were op then yes I will agree but if you are mentioning fang, troublemaker and nano sitting in my locker that implies that supposedly I'm only relying on buying op guns so you are insulting my skill. Not that I care anyway btw. Just stating facts.

Edited by Thial

4 minutes ago, Thial said:

If you wanna say that the old nano and troublemaker were op then yes I will agree but if you are mentioning fang, troublemaker and nano sitting in my locker that implies that supposedly I'm only relying on buying op guns so you are insulting my skill. Not that I care anyway btw. Just stating facts.

Are you saying good players cant use OP weapons?

Because that has not been my experience.

28 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Are you saying good players cant use OP weapons?

Because that has not been my experience.

It's not that they can't.
Actual good players just don't if they know that it's broken out of respect, their reputation and also because they value their actual skill more than having few more kills using broken guns.
Other thing are toxic/wannabe good players who will abuse every opportunity to gain an advantage who you were probably playing with/against.
Of course there's also a third group of top players where you just get so good at apb that you get bored and you simply stop caring and you play with whatever the F you want.

When it comes to me I like to determine whether or not something is op by myself. That's why I own a majority of weapons including the op ones. My skill matters to me the most as well as winning duels vs top players so I always wanna improve. I've been playing FBW only for a couple of months in a row as a practice for eample and became pretty godlike at it in my prime (haven't played apb in a year now since I'm waiting for the engine). When I'll see that some gun is op I'm putting it away because it's slowing down my improvement and I don't like getting carried by broken guns since it's not satisfying at all.

That concludes the story why I'm happy that fang is getting nerfed even though I own it. Ultimately I want a relatively balanced game where I will be able to use every gun without having to wonder if it's op or not especially since some of the op/meta ones have mechanics/playstyle I like or they sound cool.

Edited by Thial

On 10/12/2019 at 12:17 AM, Fortune Runner said:

it doesnt matter what people use so long as there is a balance rather than any particular gun that is too overkill in all situations

I believe those of you commenting the way you did  missed that very point.

This is the same as fixning in CS:GO AK and M4. N-TEC is balanced (I'm not ntec main). The only weapons that need fix is NFAS, RFP and PMG(range),  That's just my opinion.

After this balance (ntec) I just delete this game again, as it was when they fixed IR3.

With such fixes by LO less people would play, imo

38 minutes ago, Thial said:

Actual good players just don't if they know that it's broken out of respect, their reputation and also because they value their actual skill more than having few more kills using broken guns.

Yeah we must be playing different games then.

Pointman + Fang has been meta for quite some time now.

2 minutes ago, henjey said:

With such fixes by LO less people would play, imo

only quoting this part since I do not want to discuss your personal opinions and preferences since all people are different and that's fine.

as for this part , some people who were new quit because n tec is too op at all things , while others liked using it as a legal exploit type situation.

a future player base would most likely like the n tec to not be good at any and all situations so that playing is more balanced and fun compared to a gun that dominates in most situations

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

some people who were new quit because n tec is too op at all things

Im not sure many new players quit because one of the first guns you get is OP.

Edited by CookiePuss

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Im not sure many new players quit because one of the first guns you get is OP.

some were vocal about it before rage quitting.

bronze district tends to have the newer players so in my case since i play both I witnessed it