MattScott

DISCUSSION: Weapon balance changes to LIVE and IR3 on the Fang

9 hours ago, GhosT said:

Literally all the full auto pistols except the UL-3 series suck.

For me, the only full auto secondary I'd never use it the S-AS PDW.

Nanos are useful, N-FA 9 is beast especially the "Quickdraw", the Mounties (outside of the Yukon imo) are very good in their niche, and of course the UL-3 are extremely effective.

Though I guess its all just personal preference.

For me the FBW and the 45 AP only get chosen over the full autos because, like the N-TEC 5, they are versatile. Not the best in any category, but useful in nearly all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigrix said:

[...]

Oh where did I contradict myself? you forgot to quote that part perhaps ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[...]

No need to quote anything specific when it applies to everything in every post ever revealing that you're not an experienced skilled veteran.

On 9/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, MattScott said:

The recommendation from design is to swap the Fang's mod from Improved Rifling 3 to Hunting Sight 3.

On the topic of changing secondaries' preset mods, have you considered changing the RSA "Hunter"'s modification from High Magnification Scope to Hunting Sight 2/3?

While it has phenomenal accuracy with the new stats, the modification makes very little sense as the model has no scope, and also is very clunky on a secondary to begin with. I very much doubt this would be overpowered given that the ACT does have the ability to use HS3 and plenty of advantages compared to the RSA. Adding a JT-buyable version could also help dispel any "P2W" concerns.

As for the rest of the changes I fully agree with what has been pushed to Live so far. I hope the N-Tec is dealt with soon (it's not much of a problem in my opinion) so the focus can move to shotguns again. 

• Like 4

I can’t wait for the NTEC fix. Then people will go to Obeya, LO will fix this weapon, then the same will happen with Obir, etc. As a result, we'll have a min TTK on weapons 5sec. :'DD

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 9:53 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

the act suffers the same hitreg issues as the star, so i doubt it. "aims 6 shots right on and misses" "bullets appear outside of reticule" wtf

Exactly, that's why you almost NEVER see it used.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:18 AM, Solamente said:

nah obir qs is clearly way more of a problem than the 20 guns that no one uses except for memes

Rarely see anyone man the Obir and they usually do poorly in most cases. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

low yeild are useless now.. shouldve just reduced the damage and the overall nade count from 3 to 2... the small blast radius made these useless now.

On 10/1/2019 at 11:27 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

I get issues with star where i'll tap fire at someone standing still and not reg a number of the shots (within 20m), or seem to watch them hit the wall outside the reticule (for some reason?)

The crosshairs display your accuracy at 10m. Naturally shots can hit outside them beyond that range, because your accuracy is worse there.

For God's sake stop this madness now and forever. Stop messing with weapon stats. You did in in the past, and this was your worst idea ever. I do not forget what you did with IR3 then... You had to reverse all, because 98% of the player base hated it and it ruined all of the weapons with preset ir3... Does'nt matter what excuse you said to us.

So stop changing values... Every weapon is good as it is. There won't be any ULTIMATE BALANCE as solution. Never. Nothing is perfect for everybody. For example i hate percussion nade, but I'm not crying to nerf it and remove it... Even if I'll be happy if it turned out... Do not forget that the main part of APB players doesn't use forum... So if 2 people complaining about weapons that are "OP", that doesn't mean you have to take action and mess everything and nerf all weapon stat's from HIT to SHIT.

So stop it, concentrate your time and energy to other, more important tasks.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Kreedz said:

For God's sake stop this madness now and forever. Stop messing with weapon stats. You did in in the past, and this was your worst idea ever. I do not forget what you did with IR3 then... You had to reverse all, because 98% of the player base hated it and it ruined all of the weapons with preset ir3... Does'nt matter what excuse you said to us.

So stop changing values... Every weapon is good as it is. There won't be any ULTIMATE BALANCE as solution. Never. Nothing is perfect for everybody. For example i hate percussion nade, but I'm not crying to nerf it and remove it... Even if I'll be happy if it turned out... Do not forget that the main part of APB players doesn't use forum... So if 2 people complaining about weapons that are "OP", that doesn't mean you have to take action and mess everything and nerf all weapon stat's from HIT to SHIT.

Stop don't say that you'll hurt people's feelings and what they think

5 hours ago, Kreedz said:

18 minutes ago, February said:

Stop don't say that you'll hurt people's feelings and what they think

Why would anyone be hurt by nonsense? To be honest the only one being emotional about it is him as he couldn't bring anything of value to the discussion.

LO did mistakes in the past and acknowledged it, that doesn't mean they should stop trying to improve the game.

IR changes were majorly met with criticism and reasons as to why they are bad changes. This time the majority is in favor of the changes and those who oppose can't even bring up valid reasons as to why they wouldn't be so there is already a distinctive difference between both cases.

Of course there will never be an ultimate balance. It's natural to have a shifting meta it keeps games alive and fresh. It is time to have the N-TEC take a step back. I doubt LO looks at the forum to see what needs changes. They have access to literally 100% of the ingame stats to see what weapons fall out of the norm. As for percussions... ok you hate them. Can you again bring anything of value as to why they need tweaking apart from a subjective opinion? I also hate certain ingame tools, doesn't mean I call for nerfs when they don't need them, huge difference.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

The crosshairs display your accuracy at 10m. Naturally shots can hit outside them beyond that range, because your accuracy is worse there.

They should really change this, as it's completely foreign to a player who has played any other shooter (except maybe Counterstrike, which has an even more asinine design). Doesn't cause problems most of the time, but when it does it's painfully noticeable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

and that explains it :l

12 hours ago, Kreedz said:

LO had followed some of the suggestions others and I had suggested for IR thinking that it made sense to give it an actual downside that had an effect. Sadly, the TTK increases ended up being rather harsh and the idea was thrown out the window. As there was no way to balance it for different types of guns, it became excessively harsh for all weapons, rather than something like CJ which can be used on some, but not all weapons. It became unusable on every weapon, as the upside, was not enough for the harsh downside used to balance it. They had tested various ways, but it became obvious that increasing a weapon's base ttk, drastically made it perform worse to the point that it was unusable.

I still feel IR3 should be looked at, but it seems that instead they are "rebalancing" the weapons themselves so that Ir3 is not an issue.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 10/4/2019 at 1:18 PM, Havana said:

Exactly, that's why you almost NEVER see it used.

Rarely see anyone man the Obir and they usually do poorly in most cases. 

I've used and seen it used pretty well, however its only in waterfront. Financial is too cqc, so the bullshark tends to do better.

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I've used and seen it used pretty well, however its only in waterfront. Financial is too cqc, so the bullshark tends to do better.

what

the bullshark never does better than the obir, unless we’re talking better at memeing

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You do realize that OBIR's baseline stats give it incredibly strong hipfire capability, right? There's a reason that veteran OBIR mains don't even bother with Hunting Sight on it in most cases.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You do realize that OBIR's baseline stats give it incredibly strong hipfire capability, right? There's a reason that veteran OBIR mains don't even bother with Hunting Sight on it in most cases.

bad obir mains maybe

adding more rng at range in exchange for slightly less rng in cqc is just a straight up dumb idea, especially when anyone actually good at the obir can just ads in cqc anyway

3 hours ago, Hexerin said:

There's a reason that veteran OBIR mains don't even bother with Hunting Sight on it in most cases.

I've never seen a veteran worth a damn substitute anything else out for HS3. HS3 is important on the OBIR because of the burst-fire groupings. Not all 3 bullets land precisely where you click, so any extra accuracy is going to help quite a bit.

Edited by crusade
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Solamente said:

what

the bullshark never does better than the obir, unless we’re talking better at memeing

Yea, u seen it...like the DODO bird. I seen it to. Once saw bigfoot I think, it was foggy.

ThaTS not the point. !!!!

When did reading and NONcomprehension become a thing?

Obir is rarely used.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Yea, u seen it...like the DODO bird. I seen it to. Once saw bigfoot I think, it was foggy.

ThaTS not the point. !!!!

When did reading and NONcomprehension become a thing?

Obir is rarely used.

i see the obir all the time, mostly because i use it all the time but yes its a pretty rare gun to see

not sure why you quoted me about the bullshark vs obir, that doesnt have anything to do with usage numbers

to make things easier to balance i'm gonna suggest removing the improved rifling mod from the game 

and giving any weapon that had it premoded an open slot instead  0_o

I mean i don't think many people would complain if you make this game more your own 

you don't have to work around bad mechanics that a previously failed company's implemented , jm2c

1 hour ago, arkup said:

to make things easier to balance i'm gonna suggest removing the improved rifling mod from the game 

and giving any weapon that had it premoded an open slot instead  0_o

I mean i don't think many people would complain if you make this game more your own 

you don't have to work around bad mechanics that a previously failed company's implemented , jm2c

why not just delete all mods xDddddd

11 hours ago, Solamente said:

why not just delete all mods xDddddd

Wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea. The workload to do it would be absolutely insane though, because it'd involve a whole lot more than simply deleting mods.

The weapon skin system should be transparent, like in CS: GO, where everyone knows that skin does not give any advantage.

1 minute ago, lgawe1994 said:

The weapon skin system should be transparent, like in CS: GO, where everyone knows that skin does not give any advantage.

weapon skins do not give any advantage in this game either. Sooooo

28 minutes ago, lgawe1994 said:

It is transparent.  Weapon skins offer no benefits in the slightest.  Glow skins give a bit of a disadvantage but the graphics are messed up enough that that isn't much of a thing.