MattScott

DISCUSSION: Weapon balance changes to LIVE and IR3 on the Fang

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:59 AM, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Who's ready for 3 stk pump shotguns?

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:17 AM, GhosT said:

I can't wait for them to ruin shotguns even more, especially the non-pump shotguns that have to gain another shot to kill too.

OH YEAH! CAN'T WAIT TO TAKE A STRIFE 3 SHOTS TO KILL LOL

43 minutes ago, Donjae said:

but that whole the point we paid real money on the fang due of that special mod the IR3 .

if you change the mod to HS its will become an stock joker pistol so there no any special in it .

people PAY real money to have SPECIAL gun .

maybe you can tweak the joker stock gun so people would have the abillity to face the fang with "almost " same rang in the joker stock pistol .

about the shotguns nerf ...the only shotgun that need to be nerf are the NFAS nothing else in the shotgun cetegory .

No, no mercy for p2winner. Everything is always subject to change especially if weapons are at the extremes of the spectrum.

That excuse doesn't work, deal with it!

6 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

OH YEAH! CAN'T WAIT TO TAKE A STRIFE 3 SHOTS TO KILL LOL

They already said strife remains a 2STK.

6 minutes ago, GhosT said:

They already said strife remains a 2STK.

if that's true it's good. but since i'm not follwing all the threads on the Forums (due to real life) would you give me link ???

10 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

if that's true it's good. but since i'm not follwing all the threads on the Forums (due to real life) would you give me link ???

Don't have one, sorry. Matt posted that not too long ago.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:21 PM, transverse said:

when is nfas being removed?

Maybe at the time when JG is being nerfed? there's literally at least twice if not three times as many JG users as there are NFAS.

With the scripting going on, some of these edgelords fire almost 2 jg shots in what feels like one second, you're literally dead in the blink of an eye lol.

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

With the scripting going on, some of these edgelords fire almost 2 jg shots in what feels like one second, you're literally dead in the blink of an eye lol.

You don't need scripts for that. Scripts are used for reaction time or consistency. They can not alter how quickly a gun can be fired.

JG kills in 0.73 seconds, so yeah.. Less than one second. This is incredibly easy to time for anyone with a couple of hours invested in the JG, you don't have to be an 'edgelord' for this.

Read the stats, it's not rocket science.

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Shotgun_JG_Slot2

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

some of these edgelords fire almost 2 jg shots in what feels like one second

someone already posted the relevant info so im just here to call you dumb

1 hour ago, rooq said:

You don't need scripts for that. Scripts are used for reaction time or consistency. They can not alter how quickly a gun can be fired.

JG kills in 0.73 seconds, so yeah.. Less than one second. This is incredibly easy to time for anyone with a couple of hours invested in the JG, you don't have to be an 'edgelord' for this.

57 minutes ago, Solamente said:

someone already posted the relevant info so im just here to call you dumb

Woah, 2 veterans pretending not to know how scripting works and bashing me for that, nice ;D

Scripting isn't to make the gun shoot faster, obviously that's not a thing you can "change" with a script lul .... it's to prevent the user clicking too soon and too late, hence thereby failing the perfect perfect TTK, which shreds any opponent in cqc if you can keep doing it repeatedly. 🙂  WOW tadaa, mind blown?

Yeah, everything and every gun's timings can be learnt with muscle memory and practise, or some people prefer to cheat and use macros for their favorite guns.

You two wouldn't know what i'm talking about of course, so I guess i'm just here to call ya'll...  dumb was it? 

😄

4 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Don't forget to apply the Colby RSA buff to the Colby Commander 😍

Exact same gun so the change should just apply anyways.  Didn't actually get a chance to test it.

31 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Woah, 2 veterans pretending not to know how scripting works and bashing me for that, nice ;D

Scripting isn't to make the gun shoot faster, obviously that's not a thing you can "change" with a script lul .... it's to prevent the user clicking too soon and too late, hence thereby failing the perfect perfect TTK, which shreds any opponent in cqc if you can keep doing it repeatedly. 🙂  WOW tadaa, mind blown?

Yeah, everything and every gun's timings can be learnt with muscle memory and practise, or some people prefer to cheat and use macros for their favorite guns.

You two wouldn't know what i'm talking about of course, so I guess i'm just here to call ya'll...  dumb was it? 

😄

2 hours ago, rooq said:

Yeah. You just repeated what I said. Good job.

Edited by rooq

Macroing/Scripting a JG fire-rate would be just plain stupid since that would hypothesize that the crosshair needs to be above the target at the exact same time.

Or in other words it would only be viable with a straight up aimbot. Then again maybe that was the implication - calling pretty much everyone who can shoot twice in a second a cheater. 

But hey nothing less expected from a self-proclaimed experienced veteran that contradicts himself in every single comment.

Can't wait for n-tec to be nerfed to live. Thanks for the changes. 

8 hours ago, Solamente said:

no

what part of making secondaries equal to a primary sounds like a good idea?

But it still wouldn’t have the same accuracy or range as the joker carbine? Just a faster rof to combat NF-As or PDWs and such...

3 hours ago, DeadlyHellhound said:

But it still wouldn’t have the same accuracy or range as the joker carbine? Just a faster rof to combat NF-As or PDWs and such...

Neither the N-FA or S-AS PDW are strong in battle.  You seriously have to spray and pray with the N-FA and the PDW is seriously meh as a secondary.  The Mounties are also nothing to write home about, the UL-3's are probably the only decent auto-pistols. 

So there really is no point in buffing the other secondaries.  Machine Pistols in APB have mostly always sucked.

41 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

So there really is no point in buffing the other secondaries.  Machine Pistols in APB have mostly always sucked.

Don't buff them because they have always sucked?

22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Don't buff them because they have always sucked?

Reading is hard for some people i guess.  My statement was saying that there's no point in buffing semi-auto pistols to counter automatic pistols when automatic pistols suck to begin with.

5 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Reading is hard for some people i guess.  My statement was saying that there's no point in buffing semi-auto pistols to counter automatic pistols when automatic pistols suck to begin with.

You have to be pretty bad to think the full auto pistols suck. 

1 hour ago, SkittyM said:

Neither the N-FA or S-AS PDW are strong in battle.  You seriously have to spray and pray with the N-FA and the PDW is seriously meh as a secondary.  The Mounties are also nothing to write home about, the UL-3's are probably the only decent auto-pistols. 

I should’ve probably also mentioned that I’m coming from a console POV (Xbox). It’s fairly difficult to counter automatic weapons in CQC with semi-autos when all you got to aim with are wiggle sticks and a piss poor aim assist. 

Im not exactly sure how different the games are from each platform in terms of the game builds they’re on. But I guess I should probably just wait until the game finally gets updated before asking for changes. 😕

Just now, DeadlyHellhound said:

I should’ve probably also mentioned that I’m coming from a console POV (Xbox). It’s fairly difficult to counter automatic weapons in CQC with semi-autos when all you got to aim with are wiggle sticks and a piss poor aim assist. 

Im not exactly sure how different the games are from each platform in terms of the game builds they’re on. But I guess I should probably just wait until the game finally gets updated before asking for changes. 😕

They're mostly the same but APB is not tuned AT ALL for console aiming.  On PC semi-auto weapons pretty much dominate across the board, save for the n-tec.  Console is a spray an pray fest since its easier.

Probably once the new engine has settled I'll try and push LO to give console controls some love, idk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkittyM said:

They're mostly the same but APB is not tuned AT ALL for console aiming.  On PC semi-auto weapons pretty much dominate across the board, save for the n-tec.  Console is a spray an pray fest since its easier.

Probably once the new engine has settled I'll try and push LO to give console controls some love, idk.

I enjoy using the PDW, but it takes a bit of practice since its generally not as good as the FBW unless the player has no cover sub 10-15m. NFA is good... but only in lik 3-5m and then its meh if you have to reload. UL's are decent but i honestly do better with the mob sling PDW than any of the ULS. I actually have to force myself to play UL for a small amount of time, and then switch to the PDW and because it makes me do better with PDW rather than just switching to it outright.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You have to be pretty bad to think the full auto pistols suck. 

Literally all the full auto pistols except the UL-3 series suck.

13 hours ago, Tigrix said:

😄

given the jg’s min ttk is above most cqc weapons, a macro isn’t magically going to make it start shredding more

and then on top of that being forced into nearly perfect tracking since you’ve essentially turned the jg into an automatic weapon, as well as losing the benefits of cornerplay because you no longer have control of your fire rate

yeah still gonna call you dumb, since this is just basic common sense 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Solamente said:

given the jg’s min ttk is above most cqc weapons, a macro isn’t magically going to make it start shredding more

and then on top of that being forced into nearly perfect tracking since you’ve essentially turned the jg into an automatic weapon, as well as losing the benefits of cornerplay because you no longer have control of your fire rate

yeah still gonna call you dumb, since this is just basic common sense 

Ohhh, right, because people don't macro weapons in APB tru? Because it's not like you can have two fire buttons;))
I mean, it's not even common that scripters have a literal button extra for min-ttking with their preferred gun 😜 "cough!!"
Jeesh, what a veteran=) you present yourself as totally unaware of everything, and then you call me dumb, ouucch.

20 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Macroing/Scripting a JG fire-rate would be just plain stupid since that would hypothesize that the crosshair needs to be above the target at the exact same time.

Or in other words it would only be viable with a straight up aimbot. Then again maybe that was the implication - calling pretty much everyone who can shoot twice in a second a cheater. 

But hey nothing less expected from a self-proclaimed experienced veteran that contradicts himself in every single comment.

Oh where did I contradict myself? you forgot to quote that part perhaps ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 hours ago, rooq said:

Yeah. You just repeated what I said. Good job.

Uhm, you actually replied my comment, to which I replied correcting you for presuming to not know what a macro would be used for;) ... I know it's probably difficult when there's more than 3 replies happening, but cmon mr wasp. 🥶

--------------------------

Now back to the topic?
I hope Matt, you will look at statistics for gun usage when considering these future shotgun changes.
When something is easy and strong, it naturally has a much higher use percentage than it's alternatives within' the same category (so for shotguns, we're talking CQC)
Hopefully that means JG will be looked at, cuz' in it's current form it's imo stronger and far more used than any other shotgun. Which means, like the NTEC, it's unpopular to call it out, since the gun has so many users loving it. 😉 

Edited by Tigrix
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Ohhh, right, because people don't macro weapons in APB tru?

i’ve said that nowhere, thanks

18 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

Because it's not like you can have two fire buttons;))
I mean, it's not even common that scripters have a literal button extra for min-ttking with their preferred gun 😜 "cough!!"

it doesn’t matter how a potential macro user sets up their mouse the point is that once you activate the macro you’ve lost control of your fire rate, at the very least for one shot which puts ttk well outside of 1s

ur still dumb