MattScott

DISCUSSION: Weapon balance changes to LIVE and IR3 on the Fang

4 hours ago, SkittyM said:

You must not have noticed that Reloaded gave the OCA an actual buff that nobody asked for.  Resulting in it becoming the sole close quarters meta.  It's nerf is needed as many people have asked for it.

I was not aware of this and I appreciate it , however I still believe you would upset far less people if you improve other weapons rather than negatively change a weapon that is been in use for years, especially if said weapon was purchased with rl money

weapon balance getting worse: 2019

Edited by LChristy

6 hours ago, SkittyM said:

There's already a version with heavy barrel 1 on it, not sure why you want to combine a bunch of them since secondaries only have one mod normally.

doesn't really matter if secondaries have one mod or three, as long as it's balanced in the end... as I mentioned in my post, you can mod weapons pretty bad and make them worse, so putting on multiple mods isn't an issue just because it's not the regular formula...

3 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Never notioced this happening but the crosshair was just always too big at range to reliably hit anything. And that is even on the GM. But after the change I am definately going to try it again. always liked the GM a lot visual wise.

It was a slight over-exaggeration. I get issues with star where i'll tap fire at someone standing still and not reg a number of the shots (within 20m), or seem to watch them hit the wall outside the reticule (for some reason?) Whereas the ntec or far will reg in the same situation. It's not something that happens all the time, but it was enough for me to use FAR or NTEC moreoften than star.

The act has similar issues for me where i'll fire and it wont reg, or it won't shot hitmarkers/blood and still hit or wont at all showing it did. I sum both situations up to ghost shooting.

17 hours ago, Nanometic said:

FBW is 1 second TTK flat. The nano is 1.05.

i thought it was 1.05 rip

10 hours ago, Solamente said:

i dont think the game itself is built to handle secondaries with multiple mods, i seem to remember g1 saying something about that before

edit: but the fr0g series exists so idk, maybe it was just secondaries with open slots?

it was less than lethal with open slots. They simply wanted to stay away from multi-mods on secondaries for balance reasons.

6 hours ago, thelinux said:

I'm glad to see Yolo and RFP changes going live, although I have my doubts how you'll get along with the CQC tweaking which you just initiated.

As to the RFP, despite having paid for it I think we all agree that IR3 as it is now simply has no place on the RFP, even with the changed base model. You suggested HS3, which I fully understand, but don't entirely approve of. It does improve MMS accuracy (which I'm not sure it needs to have improved), but it definitely needs hip-firing accuracy too so that's a downside. I'd personally prefer the RFP with no mods at all over HS3, or over any mod of the type. Cooling jacket wouldn't make sense due to the weapon firing bursts, and I couldn't think of any other red mod which could make sense on it. The mag cap / reload time ration is flawless too, so blue mods are out for me too on this one.

Hence I'd say we're left with the purple ones. Tagger is an 'okay' option, making the weapon a bit more special but not much more useful. Mobility sling would be handy in MMS mode, but slows down equip time, which is vital when it comes to secondaries, the latter being the reason why I'd recommend 3-Point-Sling 2 or 3 for the RFP, giving it a neat advantage with no downsides. Just like it was done with the FR0G 'Kokoe'.

sadly that's what it seems to be summing itself up as. Purple mods or a "special" mod that makes it different but not better.

if ur gonna nerf secondaries why not nerf the showstopper too? oh wait sorry u make bank off joker box sales

Edited by ninjarrrr

So again, when are we disabling explosive weapons from fight club? (ie OSMAW and OPGL)

56 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

if ur gonna nerf secondaries why not nerf the showstopper too? oh wait sorry u make bank off joker box sales

showstopper isn't even overpowered rofl.

2 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

Showstopper is perfectly balanced theres no reason to nerf it. Just learn how to fight it.

yawn

alright, how much longer until the ursus gets addressed as a result of n-tec changes

2 minutes ago, Asu said:

yawn

alright, how much longer until the ursus gets addressed as a result of n-tec changes

The changes also affect the ursus

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

source please

16 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

i just tested this in current test B and fightclub, and I noticed no ttk "sound" rof difference.... (currently the ttk difference should be noticeable) so no (to my knowledge and test), it doesn't apply to the ursus.

4 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

The ursus is a completely different weapon. It remains unaffected.

16 hours ago, SkittyM said:

You must not have noticed that Reloaded gave the OCA an actual buff that nobody asked for.  Resulting in it becoming the sole close quarters meta.  It's nerf is needed as many people have asked for it.

19 hours ago, GhosT said:

G1s OCA buff was unnecessary and it was a fair competitor to pre lo shotguns.

It was entirely unnecessary and entirely preventable - ever since shotguns received their big nerf back in 2013, Reloaded had slowly been buffing them, adding little things on slowly and slowly. They then turned around and proclaimed that the OCA could no longer compete with shotguns, as if it wasn't a problem of their own making. It would only get worse when in some of the earlier balance changes LO did, they mentioned how shotguns have difficulty fighting weapons like the OCA.

Hey, 

while we’re on the topic on secondaries... how about we get an increase to the rof on semi-autos like the FBW or FR0Gs similar to a Joker Carbine that way we have a slight better chance against RFPs, NF-As, or PDWs in CQC? 

Eh? Ehhhhh? Good idea, no?

Edited by DeadlyHellhound

6 minutes ago, DeadlyHellhound said:

Hey, 

while we’re on the topic on secondaries... how about we get an increase to the rof on semi-autos like the FBW or FR0Gs similar to a Joker Carbine that way we have a slight better chance against RFPs, NF-As, or PDWs in CQC? 

No.

9 minutes ago, DeadlyHellhound said:

Hey, 

no

what part of making secondaries equal to a primary sounds like a good idea?

• Like 1

Sooo HS3 for IR3 on the fang? 

Money back? hmmm?

Don't forget to apply the Colby RSA buff to the Colby Commander 😍

13 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Don't forget to apply the Colby RSA buff to the Colby Commander 😍

Nope, sorry, no time for "good" legendaries 😄

but that whole the point we paid real money on the fang due of that special mod the IR3 .

if you change the mod to HS its will become an stock joker pistol so there no any special in it .

people PAY real money to have SPECIAL gun .

maybe you can tweak the joker stock gun so people would have the abillity to face the fang with "almost " same rang in the joker stock pistol .

about the shotguns nerf ...the only shotgun that need to be nerf are the NFAS nothing else in the shotgun cetegory .

20 minutes ago, Donjae said:

but that whole the point we paid real money on the fang due of that special mod the IR3 .

if you change the mod to HS its will become an stock joker pistol so there no any special in it .

people PAY real money to have SPECIAL gun .

maybe you can tweak the joker stock gun so people would have the abillity to face the fang with "almost " same rang in the joker stock pistol .

about the shotguns nerf ...the only shotgun that need to be nerf are the NFAS nothing else in the shotgun cetegory .

One way or another the Fang, like many other guns, will be changed.

Also, what if I bought an NFAS? 

One question: Was RFP in general rly such a problem worth of taking a look into it and change it, or was it RFP Fang only? I think that Fang was rly the only problem here...

Recent balance changes are not making me happy, and I dont agree with where this is going.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:40 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I should have mentioned that Shotguns are the next major category we are tackling.

I'll amend my post to reflect that.

Thanks,
Matt

oh nooooo 😞

please don't change shotguns ... just change the NFAS and ist variants, the others are all good.

Ok, maybe Strife is a bit strong but still it's Shooting slower than the others