Lato

State of the engine upgrade?

You guys have anything new to say about it? Is it gonna take another year?

• Like 2

Hopefully the beta of it will be out this year (on OTW).

Live.. probably next year, basing myself from all the news and things they have been shared with us.

Also from last Matt 2nd QNA with Kemp

Edited by Guest

I have nothing new to say about it

45 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

Beta Should be out this year (on OTW).

He said "hopefully", quote for quote. Don't get your hopes up

See you all next year for the beta

• Like 1

Everything was done and september was all testing.I guess public test is not far.Next month gonna be crazy with this server merge.No end of the month blog this time?

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Everything was done and september was all testing.I guess public test is not far.Next month gonna be crazy with this server merge.No end of the month blog this time?

Seems like

Uh, rebuilding the graphics/lighting, fixing all the mistakes G1 made, and other smaller issues.

It's gonna take a while.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Uh, rebuilding the graphics/lighting, fixing all the mistakes G1 made, and other smaller issues.

It's gonna take a while.

Exactly

50 minutes ago, wilkesor said:

maybe a happy Christmas present if we're lucky

Could, yeah

My guess its never coming and its all a lie. Funny how there's no pictures or videos or any recent activity. Also, where's all the staff members avoiding this topic not saying anything. Think about it, its funny.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BernsteinGirl said:

My guess its never coming and its all a lie. Funny how there's no pictures or videos or any recent activity. Also, where's all the staff members avoiding this topic not saying anything. Think about it, its funny.

but the spct posted dozens of pics like a month ago?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BernsteinGirl said:

There are pictures and a video.

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/9872-june-2019-engine-upgrade-progress-screenshots-video/

• Like 2

It's in better state than your news reading ability.

1 hour ago, BernsteinGirl said:

did you throw all electronics in the ocean for the past month

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

Uh, rebuilding the graphics/lighting, fixing all the mistakes G1 made, and other smaller issues. It's gonna take a while.

Same excuses used over a year ago. Let's not forget "it'll be ready by end of year 2018" either, which is being stated again in 2019 as well.

It's hilarious that there's still people who believe it'll ever happen.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Same excuses used over a year ago. Let's not forget "it'll be ready by end of year 2018" either, which is being stated again in 2019 as well.

You know, unlike G1, LO is actually doing something.

One can only imagine what of a code maze G1 left behind. They have to fix all the G1 mess first and then basically redo everything from scratch. It takes time.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

Yep and lets not forget the original G1 milking this game for years leaking a screenshot every once in a while to keep the hype / hope going while in the meantime, they stopped working on it entirely. :^)

Idk, I'll believe it when i get to touch it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't doubt it is coming - whether by the time it arrives it will mean anything will be a different matter.

A huge amount of work has been put into it, and I'm sure that will show - but there will definitely be people disappointed by it, something which is inevitable for an update 6 years in the making.

• Thanks 1

There's no way it's not coming. LO has been busting patootie and taking heat, so they gotta do it.

It's admirable that they've taken this mess and position with all the warning signs. So far, with what they'd signed up to and what they have, they've been doing great. There's been actual encouragement to let SPCT share the material and compose a video by another person that isn't going to only do the working shots. Don't write them off as G1. The old g1 was a nightmare and not even EA could compare to how patootie G1's servicability and greed got.

The estimate for it to be at the end of the year would put it as a Christmas miracle and a birthday gift for me, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an extend in to next year. Matters of new territory and re-writing puts estimates at a haze. You can put trivial dates to try to form to, but so many unknown and unexpected things can happen along the way.  

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

You know, unlike G1, LO is actually doing something.

One can only imagine what of a code maze G1 left behind. They have to fix all the G1 mess first and then basically redo everything from scratch. It takes time.

i agree with you , but i am hoping for a blog update to know what is going on ( so like normal)

1 hour ago, Fasalina said:

Idk, I'll believe it when i get to touch it.

Bad touch 😳