Sign in to follow this  
Spy

Cutting inline on support

A quote from RitualLO on APB's Steam forums:

--------------------------------------------------

Marketplace Issues from 09/27/2019

Hello everyone,

After getting information that there was a rather significant issue regarding payment in the Marketplace where people were not able to purchase G1Cs in time for trial discounts. The issue has now been fixed, and payment should again function as it should.

Now regarding all of you that did your trial runs, and then were unable to purchase the weapon with a discount because of this issue, please submit the ticket to the support with your issue, preferably by Monday! Make sure the ticket has a proper title and that the issue in the ticket is properly and thoroughly explained with screenshots.
These tickets will be prioritized due to the specific nature of the issue. We will do our best to assist you, and you will help us a lot by properly filling in said ticket.

Regards,
Ritual

--------------------------------------------------

Since there's already a 30 day que on support it is kind of weird to see that people who are willing to spend cash on Armas are prioritized in the support que while people who actually already spend money have to wait their turn in the que.

Fair? Your opinion?

Edited by Spy
  • Like 3

as one of the top spenders i really don't mind, but then again i also don't have any tickets in queue 

it seems logical to me that this would be solved asap tho, otherwise orbit could technically be liable for false advertising or something?

The idea of 'I already have your money' versus 'I want your money now' crossed my mind...

• Like 3

I have alredy G1C into my account but i cannot buy more, sadly. (due to this issue)

Honestly im not going to open another ticket, just because everyone there know alredy the point. (i hope)

Strange, they didn't even made a specific topic for advice peoples, i could understand that there are couple ones opened but if (for example) im not the type of player who visit other topics and only ones from the staff, well..

39 minutes ago, Spy said:

The idea of 'I already have your money' versus 'I want your money now' crossed my mind...

Money talks.

• Like 1

It is important to note that hot-fixing payment is much simpler than addressing tickets aimed to investigate potential hackers, engine bugs that are not worth fixing because Devs are working on a new engine, etc. Plus, it is most certainly done by forwarding the issue to handlers outside of LO who facilitate payments between game-publishers and consumers, so it is natural for such a process to be faster than a very specific-ticket. Such work requires collaboration between say these handlers and LO, hence the need to prioritize such tickets in a timely fashion.

I agree that a 30-day queue for a ticket to be addressed is long, but this isn't a matter of fairness vs injustice. If there is a problem that can be fixed on a parallel-line effectively, giving it short-lasting immediate-attention is the intelligent thing to do.

Just imagine which kind of silly tickets go in there though. Giving this priority isn't a problem in my opinion. Else it just fills the tickets up anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

It is important to note that hot-fixing payment is much simpler than addressing tickets aimed to investigate potential hackers, engine bugs that are not worth fixing because Devs are working on a new engine, etc. Plus, it is most certainly done by forwarding the issue to handlers outside of LO who facilitate payments between game-publishers and consumers, so it is natural for such a process to be faster than a very specific-ticket. Such work requires collaboration between say these handlers and LO, hence the need to prioritize such tickets in a timely fashion.

I agree that a 30-day queue for a ticket to be addressed is long, but this isn't a matter of fairness vs injustice. If there is a problem that can be fixed on a parallel-line effectively, giving it short-lasting immediate-attention is the intelligent thing to do.

afaik the tickets aren’t for failed payments they’re for trials (30 minute/3 hour 35% discount) that were used while it was impossible to complete armas purchases, i’m pretty sure that’s something being handled in house 

23 minutes ago, Solamente said:

afaik the tickets aren’t for failed payments they’re for trials (30 minute/3 hour 35% discount)

The entire G1C purchase system wasn't working at all and it did not affect just discounted weapons, wich can be partial be refunded (discount) in a later stage (done that myself, that how I know), it affected everybody who wanted to buy something from Armas and had no G1C left. It's all about the Benjamins...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spy said:

The entire G1C purchase system wasn't working at all and it did not affect just discounted weapons, wich can be partial be refunded (discount) in a later stage (done that myself, that how I know), it affected everybody who wanted to buy something from Armas and had no G1C left. It's all about the Benjamins...

i’m aware that the entire g1c purchasing system was down, but weapon trials are the only case where consumers actually technically lost something due to this bug

i also doubt that orbit wants to go through the hassle of holding on to customers’ money for up to 30 days before refunding if all these tickets were to be put at the end of the queue, or deal with potential fraud if anyone’s refund is overlooked

not sure why it’s surprising that it’s “all about the benjamins”, orbit is a business after all

Edited by Solamente
typo

Sign in to follow this