Havana

DMR - SD R&D III

Or Worst gun I EVER shamefully spent money on.

I have some Great stories and missions with this gun. But they are few and far between.

Maybe its just my imagination, but it seems like the Joker ticket one is better. I will have to wait and see when I can get it to compare the 2.

It's like it needs just a slight Buff in Hard DMG, not alot and not as much as the Full DMR. but just something. 

There are a few advantages with this gun with the right MOD setup. But, it is highly situational. ALL the stars in the Galaxy must align perfectly.

It just needs a slight bit of love. 

There is probably not anyone else dumb enough to buy it.

I have a bought alot of dumb shit out of boredom over the years. 

Only purchase dumber than this one was Mountie NorthWest.

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

It is great but only in the 2 shot range 80-100 meters.  Past that I would rather use the HVR or scout variant sub 80 meters considering the DMR is a heavy weapon mobility wise.

For me even the Dog-ear is more fun since it does a lot of hard damage and kills in 3-4 shots with full mobility and you can shoot out of a car window.

Edited by illgot

I do not know what are you talking about, DMR-SD in general is my favorite sniper. Especially if you have 3 slots opened for the best combo of CJ3, HS3 and 3PS3. You can win any sniper duel if you are on about 90m distance where it takes only 2 shots to kill or stun, but even on shorter distances it's a really fun gun to use if your aim is decent. I have to add, Kevlar3 users hate it! Same as those pesky car runners. Besides, you get additional style points for using something rarely anyone does. I agree it's not a competitive weapon but I always tend to use guns I find fun to play with, even if they put me to slight disadvantage, rather than meta weapons. I am in love with SMR-SD, obviously. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bambola said:

I do not know what are you talking about, DMR-SD in general is my favorite sniper. Especially if you have 3 slots opened for the best combo of CJ3, HS3 and 3PS3. You can win any sniper duel if you are on about 90m distance where it takes only 2 shots to kill or stun, but even on shorter distances it's a really fun gun to use if your aim is decent. I have to add, Kevlar3 users hate it! Same as those pesky car runners. Besides, you get additional style points for using something rarely anyone does. I agree it's not a competitive weapon but I always tend to use guns I find fun to play with, even if they put me to slight disadvantage, rather than meta weapons. I am in love with SMR-SD, obviously. 

Yea, slightly agree, I was trying to keep all that a secret!

dmr av pr2 makes the dmr sd pretty irrelevant imo, besides slightly increase (vertical lol) recoil it does everything just as well

Yea, I don't think you are feeling me. A SD DMR  seems really  legit, but not the paid version.

21 minutes ago, Havana said:

Yea, I don't think you are feeling me. A SD DMR  seems really  legit, but not the paid version.

are you saying the armas dmr sd is different from the f2p? because it’s not

The DMR is perfectly fine apart from the silencer downsides, which are bad for any gun atm. I purchased both the SD and AV version from ARMAS and it's quickly turned into my favorite weapon. It is by no means meta and does get outgunned on paper. Still, if you adjust your playstyle and put in the practice, you can win against the meta. It does require more effort though, so be prepared to lose some at first.

Let me give you some personal tips, since I have a lot of hours with the gun:

First off, no DMR is straight up better than the other. The SD and AV excel at different things. While the AV has decent hard damage, the preset mod setup prevents you from using 3PS, which will limit its flexibility in closer ranges. The increased recoil can mess you up when using the rapid fire technique, which I will tell you in a bit. The SD is a lot nice for 1 on 1 combat, due to the decreased recoil and open slots. For extreme long range, the SD is also the better choice due to the lesser recoil and the silencer. If you peak someone at 95m, it's almost impossible to tell where it's coming from by visual and audio queues. Only map knowledge would let a person figure out where your best hiding spot would be.

Now, while the DMR is a heavy sniper on paper, do NOT play it like that. The DMR playstyle is unique because you play it like an OBIR, HVR, Dog Ear or Scout depending on the situation.

Corner peaking with the DMR is really nice because it has relatively fast zoom in and you can insta pistol swap after a shot. You can use this at all ranges, even in CQC. Pop off a shot or two and then finish them off with your sidearm, as you would do it with an OBIR.

See a guy in the open? Play it like a dog ear and just tap em down. Gets even quicker when you rapid fire.

Very long range? Congrats, you hit like a truck. Just camp it out like an HVR, if you want to.

And if you wanna style on your enemy, play it like a budget scout. Jump around and pop off shots inbetween jumps. This is risky though, just so you know.

Finally, what is rapid firing? Well as the name implies you shoot as fast as possible. The DMR has sweet spots within it's zoom in timespan, where the gun is accurate enough to hit, without your crosshair being fully closed. This is hard to describe on paper, so you will just have to get a feel for it. Generally, from ranges 1-40m, a 50% closed crosshair should be accurate enough to consistently hit. At 80% closed you should hit up until around 70m, after that go for the fully closed shots.

This technique allows you to lower your TTK by a good amount, which often surprises people. This is especially effective in close range peaking because you can delete over half the enemies health and then just pistol them down. Now, keep in mind that the DMR is NOT a better weapon than any of the ones I mentioned. They excel at their roles for a reason. Still, the DMR is a nice hybrid that I'm really enjoying. If only for the salt of two tapping people.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

The DMR is perfectly fine apart from the silencer downsides, which are bad for any gun atm

the dmr sd doesnt have a preset silencer mod iirc, since it was originally the only silenced weapon in apb

19 minutes ago, Solamente said:

the dmr sd doesnt have a preset silencer mod iirc, since it was originally the only silenced weapon in apb

Yeah, you're right. I confused it with the Dog Ear for a sec. It's another favorite of mine after all.

Edited by VanilleKeks

I prefer the SD variant for the 2 shot snipes. Is sneakier and people mostly don't realize where it's coming from. People instantly know that when I use the loud af DMR-AV.

Also, more mods. HB3 on it is fun.

23 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

The DMR is perfectly fine apart from the silencer downsides, which are bad for any gun atm. I purchased both the SD and AV version from ARMAS and it's quickly turned into my favorite weapon. It is by no means meta and does get outgunned on paper. Still, if you adjust your playstyle and put in the practice, you can win against the meta. It does require more effort though, so be prepared to lose some at first.

Let me give you some personal tips, since I have a lot of hours with the gun:

First off, no DMR is straight up better than the other. The SD and AV excel at different things. While the AV has decent hard damage, the preset mod setup prevents you from using 3PS, which will limit its flexibility in closer ranges. The increased recoil can mess you up when using the rapid fire technique, which I will tell you in a bit. The SD is a lot nice for 1 on 1 combat, due to the decreased recoil and open slots. For extreme long range, the SD is also the better choice due to the lesser recoil and the silencer. If you peak someone at 95m, it's almost impossible to tell where it's coming from by visual and audio queues. Only map knowledge would let a person figure out where your best hiding spot would be.

Now, while the DMR is a heavy sniper on paper, do NOT play it like that. The DMR playstyle is unique because you play it like an OBIR, HVR, Dog Ear or Scout depending on the situation.

Corner peaking with the DMR is really nice because it has relatively fast zoom in and you can insta pistol swap after a shot. You can use this at all ranges, even in CQC. Pop off a shot or two and then finish them off with your sidearm, as you would do it with an OBIR.

See a guy in the open? Play it like a dog ear and just tap em down. Gets even quicker when you rapid fire.

Very long range? Congrats, you hit like a truck. Just camp it out like an HVR, if you want to.

And if you wanna style on your enemy, play it like a budget scout. Jump around and pop off shots inbetween jumps. This is risky though, just so you know.

Finally, what is rapid firing? Well as the name implies you shoot as fast as possible. The DMR has sweet spots within it's zoom in timespan, where the gun is accurate enough to hit, without your crosshair being fully closed. This is hard to describe on paper, so you will just have to get a feel for it. Generally, from ranges 1-40m, a 50% closed crosshair should be accurate enough to consistently hit. At 80% closed you should hit up until around 70m, after that go for the fully closed shots.

This technique allows you to lower your TTK by a good amount, which often surprises people. This is especially effective in close range peaking because you can delete over half the enemies health and then just pistol them down. Now, keep in mind that the DMR is NOT a better weapon than any of the ones I mentioned. They excel at their roles for a reason. Still, the DMR is a nice hybrid that I'm really enjoying. If only for the salt of two tapping people.

Hope this helps

To further add on this:

Putting HS3 and CJ1 on the DMR-SD guarantees that you'll hit fully accurate shots while getting no extra bloom and a higher RoF, you essentially never have to worry about accuracy and get a lower TTK.

Also putting HB3 on it makes it a great LTL support weapon, and i'f your opponent happens to have CA3, chances are, you'll stun him i'f you time it right, this sabotages it's reverse dropoff a bit of course, but it'll still keep it's 3 shot potential to up to about 90m.

The DMR-SD is quite possibly one of the most flexible long range guns modding-wise and it's a criminally underrated/unknown fact, you should keep on trying stuff with it. 

I disagree with original post. I bought the 3slot and using it constantly for the past 1 year. The weapon has quite a few advantages that other long range guns don't + its a really fun gun to play with.  

Pretty much what i was planning to say:

On 9/28/2019 at 6:51 AM, Bambola said: