HelplessBaby

The current state of consumables

In a game that is all about choice the player has none when it comes to consumables, no matter which one you connect with the most you are stuck with the ones you got if you got any.

If there is no way of buying them with cash as you would grenades and other equipment then why aren't they an active on a cooldown players choose from instead of consumables.

Don't you feel that having an ability you pick from ( injector, shield, spray, boxes,) on a cooldown is more 2019?

I mean why aren't they one thing (consumables you can buy) or the other (an ability on cd), why are they in such an in between random indiferent state instead?

• Like 2

it is weird how you can't buy them.

but i think we should focus on getting these damn drugs out of san paro. 

they should really just become a regular mod, be sold for cheap at the JT store, or be taken out of the game.  The whole idea of a consumable is a bit silly considering I have 500+ of most excluding the few I use.

• Like 2

Said it many times before, just convert them into yellow activated mods and rebalance accordingly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, illgot said:

they should really just become a regular mod, be sold for cheap at the JT store, or be taken out of the game.  The whole idea of a consumable is a bit silly considering I have 500+ of most excluding the few I use.

I wouldn't want them removed... they're a nice bit of content and also allow for more variety in loadouts... just make them buyable or permanent mods and maybe tweak them a bit for the sake of balancing...

• Like 1

The strange thing is, when you are leveling up a character you don't even get them anymore...

2 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

The strange thing is, when you are leveling up a character you don't even get them anymore...

that’s because each contact has a number of random mission rewards and each individual symbol is also a random mission reward 

any player who hasn’t unlocked everything else has it thrown in among the pool with consumables, leading to less consumable rewards

edit: as far as i can tell, the new jt reward system is also a random mission reward so now there’s no way to guarantee a consumable reward

Edited by Solamente
added stuff

7 hours ago, Solamente said:

that’s because each contact has a number of random mission rewards and each individual symbol is also a random mission reward 

any player who hasn’t unlocked everything else has it thrown in among the pool with consumables, leading to less consumable rewards

Yeah i already know this, but i find this really unfair. The lack of consumables is really too noticeable

But G1 found such a perfect way to pointlessly spam your mailbox.

Yeah really, should be a permanent 'yellow' mod which can be equipped and balanced appropriately or removed outright.

it’s rather annoying now that you hardly get any because of the joker ticket rewards. don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the joker ticket rewards, but I feel as if there’s some tweaking to be done with the consumables and how you obtain them.

the system of obtaining yellow consumables at the moment suits me Completely . I'm more concerned about the non-working condition of some consumables .

I personally do not want permanent yellow mods.

waste not want not ; force a strategy and higher thinking.

might make smarter team mates

as for not being on Armas to purchase , I have asked why not have them for years

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

personally do not want permanent yellow mods.

waste not want not ; force a strategy and higher thinking.

might make smarter team mates

strategy lmao

2 consumables worth using, both have “optimal” loadouts 

its not like making them permanent mods would alter them much, just remove most of the annoying mechanics

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

strategy lmao

2 consumables worth using, both have “optimal” loadouts 

its not like making them permanent mods would alter them much, just remove most of the annoying mechanics

with the game meta already being changed it would be unwise to assume yellow mods will stay like this.

yes not all are useful today , but Little Orbit did say before in the past that they planned on rebalancing the yellow mods along with other rebalances

what some find annoying also gives some control over spamming them non stop.

I'm thinking similar to how car detonator and spotter from the orange mods  need some annoying mechanics for balance , is already being done on yellow mods at least.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

with the game meta already being changed it would be unwise to assume yellow mods will stay like this.

yes not all are useful today , but Little Orbit did say before in the past that they planned on rebalancing the yellow mods along with other rebalances

what some find annoying also gives some control over spamming them non stop.

I'm thinking similar to how car detonator and spotter from the orange mods  need some annoying mechanics for balance , is already being done on yellow mods at least.

car det and spotter dont need annoying mechanics for balance

judging by orbit's rebalance of supply box i'd wager its pretty likely that the trash consumables will remain trash

consumables already have a cooldown to prevent spamming, absolutely nothing would change from making consumables permanent mods aside from positives - less new player imbalance, less mailbox spam, less inventory mangement, less difficulty unlocking other random rewards, etc

Making consumables permanent make for fairer gameplay. 

New players are already at enough of a disadvantage vs experienced players as it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solamente said:

car det and spotter dont need annoying mechanics for balance

so no timer or no way to know you've been spotted?

timers are annoying to some. I don't want to make paragraphs sorry.

54 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Making consumables permanent make for fairer gameplay. 

New players are already at enough of a disadvantage vs experienced players as it is. 

true they can be which is why I'm thinking of ways to keep it balanced but also possibly be on armas to help fund apb.

gotta make money somehow and we gotta compromise somewhere so iono

Edit : trying to think of as many ways as possible since loot boxes are being phased out eventually. cant expect Little Orbit to think of everything.

Edited by Fortune Runner

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

so no timer or no way to know you've been spotted?

timers are annoying to some. I don't want to make paragraphs sorry.

as i already mentioned cooldown timers are already present on consumables, and being shown you've been spotted merely brings spotter in line with all other tagging mechanics

you've yet to provide any positive result of consumables remaining in their current state thats worth the irritation that state causes 

Just now, Solamente said:

you've yet to provide any positive result of consumables remaining in their current state thats worth the irritation that state causes 

because not everyone finds it irritating but some find it more balanced that way

that itself is seen as positive by some and negative by others.

not everyone likes the same things its just how we all are 🥓

what do you all think is fair to charge in JTs for one consumable?

After update I don't even remember me achieving any consumable reward. I'm not complaining about this much, since JT is more useful, but still. I suppose consumables is a barely dead mechanic right now. RIP Consumables (2014 - 2019)...

To be serious, I see three options:

- Delete all those from the game

- Make them available from contacts

- Make them "permanent", as said above.

Anyway, only one consumable I use right now is... Boombox (since I didn't got any sense to wait the random consumable I really need), so i wouldn't regret about any LO's decision about it.

NZ