Sign in to follow this  
quixxius

what sensitivities do you use?

just curious what most people are using. I personally like using lower sensitivities 800 dpi  2.5  with mouse fix

The lowest dpi setting (mine is 800) and the lowest sensitivity at which i can flick a 180º with my wrist (without knocking everything off my desk) and track smootly with my forearm. 

So 800dpi, no mouse acceleration, direct input if the option is available, same scoped and ''look'' sensitivities if available, and the sens usually sitting at 10-15 in a 0-100 scale, and I think a 1.6 to 2.9 in the other weird scale that a lot of games use for some reason.

Edited by _chain

1500 dpi and default sensitivity on apb, no mouse acceleration.

Edited by Guest

400dpi

7 / .75 sense/marksman

Mouse Enhancer Pro

Glorious Model-O mouse

also mousefix was confirmed by Androvald to have no effect

Edited by CookiePuss

800 dpi 

default aim sens

.625 marksmanship 

9 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

1500 dpi and default sensitivity on apb, no mouse acceleration.

Holy smokes. Lower that. Lower sensitivity is going to make you more consistent/accurate because any margin of human error on your mousepad will translate to less margin of error in game. You can't be lazy with lower sens though.

800 dpi, 4 sens, 0.6 marksman modifier

Logitech g502Spectrum / Logitech g300s

1000 DPI

8 in game

.25 marksman

No mouse accell

16 hours ago, quixxius said:

800 dpi  2.5  with mouse fix

"mouse fix" has been proven to be a placebo multiple times by androvald, im just saying.

Edited by Ketog

4 hours ago, crusade said:

Holy smokes. Lower that. Lower sensitivity is going to make you more consistent/accurate because any margin of human error on your mousepad will translate to less margin of error in game. You can't be lazy with lower sens though.

800 dpi, 4 sens, 0.6 marksman modifier

2.4k DPI, 15 sens and 0.3 marksman :D

1000 dpi

11.7 sens with mouse fix

.47 marksman

Logitech G403 mouse

way faster than most but it's what I'm used to

41 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

1000 dpi

11.7 sens with mouse fix

.47 marksman

Logitech G403 mouse

way faster than most but it's what I'm used to

why, if i may ask? your mouse supports (way) higher dpi and higher dpi with lower sens = less skipped pixels

tbf not only you in particular but since you also listed your mouse

if one doesn't like high dpi because it's too fast for normal work, you can set sensitivities<1 in windows or maybe even in whatever mouse tool you are using.

higher dpi = more accurate measurements though - whilst higher sensitivity only multiplies those measurements

so high dpi+low sens>low dpi+high sens, even if both combinations result in the same speed

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

yeah you're 100% absolutely right.

I played Quake, Unreal and CS 1.3-1.6 years ago on a Microsoft Optical mouse back when they was perma stuck at 1000 dpi. Just what I been using ever since.

The only time I really have any issues in shooting games vs people is fighting players with super duper low sens like that 400 dpi/3-4 sens with mousefix where they use their entire arm and wrist to aim. I can still kill players with that level of accuracy usually, but if they get the drop on me I'm forced to basically twitch aim to hit them. If I'm drunk which I usually am these days, it doesn't always work out 😛 But when it does it looks like I'm cheating because I can 180 instantly and hit targets.

But yah, you're right. I should convert to 4-800 dpi and learn to use my entire mousemat and aim from the elbow mainly and wrist to fine tune aim. I've seen a lot of pro players in various games aim that way and their accuracy is basically the best it can get.

Edited by Ohshii

well Nivea Anti-Dandruff is great for headskin sensitivity

for skin sensitivity i recommend dove tho.

Or if ur a barbarian just go with AXE

• Like 1

800 dpi

5 sens

0.55 mark

Zowie EC2-A

No mouse fix or acceleration

2" per 90 degrees of rotation. This is what I use in most games. I measure with a ruler and set sensitivity accordingly, then I make fine adjustments depending on how off my flicks are. ADS/MMs varies greatly between games.

Mouse fix only helps with extremely low fps from what I remember, and I couldn't tell a difference. The 2x multiplier in the config is nonsense though.

• Thanks 1

DPI: 400

Sens: 10.5 (switching sometimes between 8 - 11)

Marksman: 0.7

Low sens players have more skill... 😉🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ohshii said:

But yah, you're right. I should convert to 4-800 dpi and learn to use my entire mousemat and aim from the elbow mainly and wrist to fine tune aim. I've seen a lot of pro players in various games aim that way and their accuracy is basically the best it can get.

nononono, up the dpi - your mouse supports up to 12000 - and lower the sensitivity accordingly

so right now you are on

1000*11 basically.

2000*5,5 should be the same

10000*1,1 etc.

it's still the same speed but more precise.

the sensitivity is more or less just a multiplier, so when your move your mouse x, it moves sens*x pixels. that means it could skip pixels.

(idk if it actually behaves exactly like a multiplier in apb etc but... yeah)

this obviously also depends on how accurate apb is in that regard though.

here's a way better explanation:

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

800 dpi

8 in game 

0.4 marksman

26cm/360

years ago had to transition from low sens to high sensitivity just to prepare myself with newer games out there.

Edited by Deadliest

2 hours ago, neophobia said:

nononono, up the dpi - your mouse supports up to 12000 - and lower the sensitivity accordingly

so right now you are on

1000*11 basically.

2000*5,5 should be the same

10000*1,1 etc.

it's still the same speed but more precise.

the sensitivity is more or less just a multiplier, so when your move your mouse x, it moves sens*x pixels. that means it could skip pixels.

(idk if it actually behaves exactly like a multiplier in apb etc but... yeah)

this obviously also depends on how accurate apb is in that regard though.

here's a way better explanation:

I've heard that information is true to an extent but not 100%. It seems interesting regardless, so thank you for telling me! I've vaguely heard about the dpi changes you're talking about but never really looked into it. So again, I appreciate you showing me!

But atm Im pretty solid with my performances in shooting games like APB, Apex, OW, The Cycle, Borderlands, Division 2, Fortnite and Siege. I dumpster most people I play against so I don't mind getting beat up when that happens too. Spent many years practicing my twitch aiming and I'm very ok with my level of accuracy at this point. Win some lose some, all that good stuffs. Good looking out on the video though, it was definitely worth the watch! 🙂

Sign in to follow this