Server issues?

I have been suffering huge ping issues playing from Australia, Once a upon a time when there server name was Colby i was getting 160-180ms which was playable and fine in most cases...Now days since this so called server merge even with HAN i get 300+ and all the other servers been having major issues... have you guys completely cut off the Oceanic players entirely in before people come reply to this thread its not servers its your ISP well coming from an Aussie player with 100 down 100 up that plays NA quite regularly on other games i don't have this 300 ping shit i have 160-180 as mentioned above....I have donated alot of money to try and help this game not die and spent around 600usd but yea thanks Lil Orbit i was really batting for you to finally fix this game and make it worth to play but not anymore....Utterly pathetic 

Edited by 7700k

That sounds like a routing issue, while it is really bad at the moment for players in Oceania that should improve. 

This is what was mentioned in the most recent blogpost

WORLD CONSOLIDATION

In October after releasing names, we will be finally consolidating Jericho and Citadel giving our players the ability to play any character in any region.

This isn’t like a traditional server merge. This is a significant architecture change allowing us to expand more Action Districts so that North American players can play with other regions and so that our Asia-Pacific, South America, and Russian players can have better latency.

We haven’t nailed down specific locations for new Action Districts, but we are evaluating options for new servers in Los Angeles, New York, Moscow, Singapore, or Rio. These Action District servers will be marked in the Advanced list by region, but will be available to all players to join.

This is a prerequisite for mission phasing and matchmaking changes that will be launching after the Engine Upgrade.

In a TL;DR:

All characters will be able to play on any server, no more NA/EU characters. And the districts will be spread out more around the world, that should get you some better ping. 

I have also heard from players in Australia that using a VPN really helped them lower their ping.

Edited by Kevkof
Linking blogpost

3 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

That sounds like a routing issue, while it is really bad at the moment for players in Oceania that should improve. 

This is what was mentioned in the most recent blogpost

In a TL;DR:

All characters will be able to play on any server, no more NA/EU characters. And the district will be spread out more around the world, that should get you some better ping. 

I have also heard from players in Australia that using a VPN really helped them lower their ping.

i thought using a VPN is bannable 

1 hour ago, 7700k said:

i thought using a VPN is bannable 

VPN's should be fine to use, some countries can't even play without using a vpn (Kazachstan, Iran).

Maybe routing and stuff improve down the line, but for now a VPN might be worth a try.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kevkof said:

VPN's should be fine to use, some countries can't even play without using a vpn (Kazachstan, Iran).

Maybe routing and stuff improve down the line, but for now a VPN might be worth a try.

Alright thanks for the tip 

22 hours ago, 7700k said:

I have been suffering huge ping issues playing from Australia, Once a upon a time when there server name was Colby i was getting 160-180ms which was playable and fine in most cases...Now days since this so called server merge even with HAN i get 300+ and all the other servers been having major issues... have you guys completely cut off the Oceanic players entirely in before people come reply to this thread its not servers its your ISP well coming from an Aussie player with 100 down 100 up that plays NA quite regularly on other games i don't have this 300 ping shit i have 160-180 as mentioned above....I have donated alot of money to try and help this game not die and spent around 600usd but yea thanks Lil Orbit i was really batting for you to finally fix this game and make it worth to play but not anymore....Utterly pathetic 

feels for a while now APB's ping has been a lagfest, and VPN will make it worse. i already tried vpn so

15 hours ago, Deadliest said:

wait for the aus server m8

Thanks Dead i will cheers m8

7 hours ago, Keshi said:

feels for a while now APB's ping has been a lagfest, and VPN will make it worse. i already tried vpn so

That was my thoughts i used WTFast before and felt it didn't change much

I get 90ms from Canada (Playing on Citadel). Since yesterday , pings are sitting at 180-220ms ! I think they are playing around with the servers.....