FranGT

Is it allowed to edit/remove audio files?

On my case I want to edit "EnvironmentZones" and "Emitters" from "Audio\ParameterAssets" to remove ambience sounds, specially the Asylum ones.

But before I do anything I want to make sure if it's allowed or not.

2 hours ago, FranGT said:

On my case I want to edit "EnvironmentZones" and "Emitters" from "Audio\ParameterAssets" to remove ambience sounds, specially the Asylum ones.

But before I do anything I want to make sure if it's allowed or not.

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

In general, file edits are against the ToS, so no, removing or changing the audio files is not allowed.

Basically this^ 

While easy enough to do...it IS a no-no. So if you do it, know what you are risking. 

Alright thank you.

Got the files from a streamer and thought at first it was legit because of that lol

4 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

In general, file edits are against the ToS, so no, 

guess advanced launcher is against ToS too, because that's exactly what it does, it edits files.

8 minutes ago, iMiss said:

guess advanced launcher is against ToS too, because that's exactly what it does, it edits files.

That would be true, if it weren't for this lovely post:

Where Matt says:

On 6/7/2018 at 9:05 PM, MattScott said:

EDIT: For clarification, players can still use the Advanced Launcher for the time being. The developer was generous to share the code so we could test and review it. We hope to incorporate many of these features directly into APB in the future.

which means there is a specific exception to the ToS for the advanced launcher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Basically this^ 

While easy enough to do...it IS a no-no. So if you do it, know what you are risking. 

Is it just me , or have we seen people asking every single week for two months or more about editing files?

I dont think you can edit .. Its against ToS.. but i know people who remove sounds tracks from the game for their own good. 

Edited by fragmeister

54 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

~

You know why that exception exists, right? because they know the current in-game setting options are lacking, and the advanced launcher "only makes changes to the config that any normal player can make by hand editing the config themselves." - 

so god forbid i hand-edit my game to not give me tinnitus from hearing grief themes because the game itself lacks the option to turn them off. I'd much rather hear my own music choice while playing instead of EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee, or LeBoyce spam, or just plain old Asylum's boiler room going CLANG..... CLANG..... CLANG..... CLANG..... 

it gets a bit.. old.. after several thousand hours.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iMiss said:

You know why that exception exists, right? because they know the current in-game setting options are lacking, and the advanced launcher "only makes changes to the config that any normal player can make by hand editing the config themselves." - 

so god forbid i hand-edit my game to not give me tinnitus from hearing grief themes because the game itself lacks the option to turn them off. I'd much rather hear my own music choice while playing instead of EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee, or LeBoyce spam, or just plain old Asylum's boiler room going CLANG..... CLANG..... CLANG..... CLANG..... 

it gets a bit.. old.. after several thousand hours.

I think you can delete the instrument folder without worrying as that's not the same as removing ambient sounds.

In addition to the previous MattScott post linked in this thread, he's also gone on record multiple times that deleting/replacing the sounds folder is acceptable. This exception was made due to the very issue that iMiss brought up, and like the advanced launcher is only intended as a temporary thing while they work on implementing an ingame toggle for themes.

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

In addition to the previous MattScott post linked in this thread, he's also gone on record multiple times that deleting/replacing the sounds folder is acceptable.

I thought only editable files where accepted? You can still achieve the same goal by not deleting the sound files but edit the xml file instead.