TheWalke

Can we have some new animations please ?

So i was just wondering if the Devs could make the Weapons more "realistic" idk how i can call this. I would like to see real mag changes and pulling the charging handle. I dont want it like Escape From Tarkov or Squad or something where everthing is complex af but..... i really think this would make the game much better. Right now this Game has some crappy animations like not releasing the Magazine and other stuff. So will we gonna such things in upcoming updates ?

• Like 5

it will probably be easier after the engine upgrade and orbit has said they have an animator working on stuff, but visual changes probably won't be very high priority for a while

• Like 6

Solamente hit the nail on the head, big animation upgrades like in the OP won't happen until after the engine upgrade. They've already done a few minor tweaks though. One of the big ones I noticed was that they fixed the standing idle pose for the basic ATAC. The crouching idle is still incorrect, but if memory serves the idle doesn't even exist at all so would need to be created anyways.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Can we wish for continuous emotes too? At least the dance ones. 

U don't anything more than /dance

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wilkesor said:

can we have a more detailed /fart

/fart III

-sound increased by 300%

-495 damage within a 3m radius of any character performing the /fart emote

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Solamente said:

/fart III

-sound increased by 300%

cool animation for throwing a nade

turn arround and fart in someones general direction

One thing I really despise is the pistol reload animation and sound for all the bullpup guns in the game.

• Like 1

I asked for this once, visible weapon mods, better reaload animations, you know what ppl said?
"Too much work" Like devs don't have to put work on the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

/fart III

-sound increased by 300%

-Emits Medspray Particles

Fixed

31 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

I asked for this once, visible weapon mods, better reaload animations, you know what ppl said?

They do put work into the game... Particularly more important things.

That's like complaining that the doctor fixed your broken leg before giving you breast implants. 

2 hours ago, ZoriaDunne said:

I think a better way to answer that would be "More work than it's worth."  They would have to make a ton of assets, on top of editing the existing ones to remove their built in scopes and junk.  Plus they would have to come up with a way to actually make this system work, and we all know that making anything work in APB is a huge task in itself.  And in the end what would be accomplished by this?  A neat little visual thing that  wouldn't bring in new players or incentivize players to spend money.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

It can be asked for, but not now. It's too early to ask this question. Just keep asking for engine upgrade.

7 hours ago, StunStick said:

They do put work into the game... Particularly more important things.

That's like complaining that the doctor fixed your broken leg before giving you breast implants. 

Yeah, but we talking about a new engine that was supposed to come out in 2014.

12 hours ago, Hexerin said:

One of the big ones I noticed was that they fixed the standing idle pose for the basic ATAC.

I think they still need to fix the standing animations for male characters carrying the pre-modded variants of the ATAC like the Bodyguard (Fairly sure male characters may be accidentally using the Watchman's animation for the Bodyguard, the former of which doesn't have a vertical hand-grip, but instead an enlarged barrel jacket, resulting in male characters have a horizontal hand position where they should have a vertical). What's odd is before they made it so the ATAC is held two handed while idle, male characters suffered from an incorrect running animation on all ATACs with a grip - this bug now exists on just the special pre-modded ones, whilst idle and running.

Additionally male characters also hold the ATAC's grip fairly low down - but this is par for the course considering that many weapons such as the AMG result in broken wrists for female characters.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint

16 hours ago, Solamente said:

and orbit has said they have an animator working on stuff

Sauce on this? Was it just something said in a thread or was it actually in an update?

1 hour ago, notMateo said:

Sauce on this? Was it just something said in a thread or was it actually in an update?

it was mentioned in a small discord q&a a couple months ago