Sign in to follow this  
LewdLemming

Some thanks are due ...

I think for the most part, we can all agree that there are a lot of toxic people in the apb community.  Lots of threads "showcasing" this.

This isn't one of them.

Both my mains are R255, and I've been around this game for a number of years on and off.  So, not a newbie just starting.  Newbie in-game, but not just starting the game.  😉

I'm one of those guys that does the daily activities (DAs) while I'm playing my missions, etc.  I enjoy most of them as it forces me to use a different weapon than I would normally use, plus has the added benefit of giving me those JTs so I can collect em up and maybe get a 3-slot character bound weapon from the joker store in social.

The problem for me is that there are some of the daily activities that take me a while to get and because I am at my fifth daily activity, I can't switch the activity out.  Or more often than not, I forget that I can actually go to a contact and change the DA.  😕  I think the one I dislike the most though, is the resupply 25 ammo to teammates one.  Takes forever.

It takes me a long time (usually) to "run 2 (or is it 3?) people over with your vehicle" and this one frustrates me.  Earlier this month I had this particular DA and it was about an hour and I still only had run only one person over.  I got so frustrated that I asked in district chat if "one of the nice terrorists would allow me to run them over so I could get rid of the DA".  Wasn't really expecting someone to say "yah, I'll do it if we get opposed", but someone did. Figured, Ok just someone messing around with me, but lo and behold we ended up opposed and he whispered me and said "where you at? I'll let you run me over" ... and he did just that.  Sadly, I can't remember the players name.  I'm pretty sure I was on my "AmorousAardvark" alt enforcer toon at the time.

And last night, I had a player deliberately spawn his vehicle and bring it to me to allow me to blow it up (twice) so I could clear my DA.  This one I remember(ish) the name ... Weatherin or Witherin.  I was using my main enforcer toon, "LewdLemming".

So yeah, just wanted to say THANKS and say that not everyone is toxic in this game.  Maybe I'll be able to pay it forward to someone else.

sounds like you should be banned for exploiting :^)

damn dude, you really needed to Ask? lol

5 hours ago, LewdLemming said:

Or more often than not, I forget that I can actually go to a contact and change the DA.

Not sure if you know this or not, but if you open your character info (default key is "J" I think) and switch to the "Progression" tab's contact list and double-click a contact you can remote pledge and/or accept their DA without having to actually drive over to them? Let's you easily skip some of the more monotonous daily activities. 😛

11 minutes ago, Evagelyne said:

Not sure if you know this or not, but if you open your character info (default key is "J" I think) and switch to the "Progression" tab's contact list and double-click a contact you can remote pledge and/or accept their DA without having to actually drive over to them? Let's you easily skip some of the more monotonous daily activities. 😛

Well, I knew I could remote pledge, but I did not know that I could accept DAs as well.  Thanks!  Still learning things about the game (or being reminded about something I forgot ... could be that too. lol.)

It's not that there no good people, it's just that the bad people are more vocal and expressive. It applies not only on Apb but on everything else in general.

Is this an admission of exploiting?

Are you sure you wish to bring this before the court?

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

On 9/23/2019 at 5:58 PM, LewdLemming said:

Thanks!  Still learning things about the game (or being reminded about something I forgot ... could be that too. lol.)

You're welcome. 🙂

Sign in to follow this