Sign in to follow this  
foscor77

Trash

Whats the mentality of someone calling you 'Trash' in world chat while being the mvp and rekting you repeatedly?

i thought people get mad when they get rekt or lose but these days im seeing more and more of these 'pro' players getting mad after winning lol. So what exactly is happening? 

Not a rant or anything, just have a lot of time on my hands so thought of being curious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they’re probably looking for exactly this reaction 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Solamente said:

Simply put - This.
It's a chain of events that starts somewhere from real life. It's people looking for validation in their actions and since they don't get enough validation IRL, they seek it in games... Except APB is sweaty and nobody ever wants to admit if anyone's good, bad, right or wrong. Those people just start self-validating, since no one else would do it for them.

Don't worry though, if they have to value themselves all the time, it means they simply don't have friends. You can have a pity laugh, but that won't stop them from being irritating.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Pufty said:

Simply put - This.
It's a chain of events that starts somewhere from real life. It's people looking for validation in their actions and since they don't get enough validation IRL, they seek it in games... Except APB is sweaty and nobody ever wants to admit if anyone's good, bad, right or wrong. Those people just start self-validating, since no one else would do it for them.

Don't worry though, if they have to value themselves all the time, it means they simply don't have friends. You can have a pity laugh, but that won't stop them from being irritating.

Hm...makes sense. 

Edited by foscor77

50 minutes ago, Solamente said:

Next time im totally going to ignore such people. Although even this time i only replied him with "ya right".

1 minute ago, darok70 said:

Next time im totally going to ignore such people. Although even this time i only replied him with "ya right".

its the safest bet, aside from some occasional sarcasm in fc i don't even bother with chat in apb at all

Just type "HAHAHAHAHA" in world chat and the just ignore the rest they say

Reminder that you can turn off any and all chat channels.

You'd be surprised how much more enjoyable the game is with no chat at all.

It's a common sight, a person who has been tormented and harassed in the real life, neglected or simply caves under peer pressure, comes online where anonymity provides reprisal protection, targets and bullies someone whom they perceive to be weaker or more vulnerable than them. It's sad because they just need a little love, yet they get none. 

Edited by Bambola

Whenever someone calls me trash (very often because it's true) I just say the same phrase as a reply to everything they say to me afterwards.  "I'm sorry for being inadequate, teach me master."

Usually gets them a little worked up because it's not the response they were expecting and crosses a few of their wires.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

2 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Whenever someone calls me trash (very often because it's true) I just say the same phrase as a reply to everything they say to me afterwards.  "I'm sorry for being inadequate, teach me master."

Usually gets them a little worked up because it's not the response they were expecting and crosses a few of their wires.

Sometimes I say, "You are a wonderful person, and I love you."

Some people just don't know how to react to it. 

mus be nice. people normally just get mad at me for being me

i dont even have to be good or bad

5 minutes ago, Alani said:

thats because u suck xDDDDDD

2 hours ago, Alani said:

How exactly do YOU "be nice"?

Edited by foscor77

42 minutes ago, foscor77 said: