foscor77

ISSR-a 'Artemis' vs N-ISSR-B 'Dog-Ear'

Whats the difference between these two guns?

basically the issr-a is an AR (50m range), the issr-b is a sniper (83m range)

issr-a stats are on the left and on the right are the stats for the issr-b

b4f214107ae69f192923a59d5ec9b29f.png9c283582acecaf0f03fceee381b963b8.png

3d291726520dee278bf8ef165211f6f5.pnge3178575ae4294b6c0776a2071323186.png

[https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_ISSR_Slot3_Joker]                             [https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_ISSR-Wisp_Slot2_Joker]

the issr-b is a really versatile gun, with a relatively low ttk, very good hard damage, passable stamina damage, full mobility, pixel marksmanship accuracy with hs2 or hs3, and even the best jumpshooting accuracy for some reason

the issr-a is almost exactly the same, but the 50m range cap really neuters the gun - the .9s ttk that allows the issr-b to compete with or outgun pretty much any other long range weapon is far too high (even lowered to .84s for the issr-a) to compete with other ARs, the hard damage is difficult to make use of with limited range capabilities, and the mobility is no longer quite so impressive when every other AR can do the same

so the issr-b is a decent sniper that can still be competitive even if pushed outside of its niche, while the issr-a is a shitty AR that doesn't really have a niche at all

Edited by Solamente
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Art has a range of like 50 meters.  Dog has a range of 83.

It just isn't listed correctly in the graph in the game.

I almost bought the Art because of the open slots before I looked up the info on the database.

Edited by illgot
  • Thanks 1

Dog ear is straight upgrade imo and is a really fun sniper to play with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, darok70 said:

Whats the difference between these two guns?

ISSR-A is also fully auto while the ISSR-B is semi auto.

ISSR-B is the superior weapon between the two. While the ISSR-A is fun to play with, it is out classed by all the other assault rifles for the most part. I know the ISSR-B Dog Ear is available on the Joker Store as the Wisp if you want try it out....not sure if the ISSR-A is on there or not.

48 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

ISSR-A is also fully auto while the ISSR-B is semi auto.

ISSR-B is the superior weapon between the two. While the ISSR-A is fun to play with, it is out classed by all the other assault rifles for the most part. I know the ISSR-B Dog Ear is available on the Joker Store as the Wisp if you want try it out....not sure if the ISSR-A is on there or not.

ISSR-B Dog Ear is available on the Joker Store as the Wisp, that is exactly why i asked this question. i saw someone using the artemis version and wondered which one should i aim for.  Now the answer is clear.  

10 hours ago, Solamente said:

I wish there were more people like you in this forum.

Edited by Ketog

22 minutes ago, Ketog said:

I wish there were more people like you in this forum.

i think i post too much for there to be more of me 

Artemis all the way, just more fun while playing

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Artemis all the way, just more fun while playing

Agreed. It can't directly compete with other assault rifles in a straight fight, but it makes up for it with exceptional utility.

dog ear issb, is a beast when it come to destroying cars and people. 
its a good gun, worth trying out at least.  really doesn't need any mods, other then extend mags 3

Edited by Doom32

2 minutes ago, Doom32 said:

dog ear issb, is a beast when it come to destroying cars and people. 
its a good gun, worth trying out at least.  really doesn't need any mods, other then extend mags 3

Hunting Sight 2. Brings it to pixel perfect accuracy, and increases zoom for those render distance shots. Extended magazine only affects the weapon's anti-vehicle ability, which is already crazy good baseline so kinda overkill.

19 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Hunting Sight 2. Brings it to pixel perfect accuracy, and increases zoom for those render distance shots. Extended magazine only affects the weapon's anti-vehicle ability, which is already crazy good baseline so kinda overkill.

the extra helps with the nulanders 

Art is 1 of the guns that will be outplayed by an ntec
Dog ear is a sniper that kills in 4shot under 85range if you dont miss 1 of them, that sometimes also gets outplayed by an ntec

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Keshi said:

Art is 1 of the guns that will be outplayed by an ntec
Dog ear is a sniper that kills in 4shot under 85range if you dont miss 1 of them, that sometimes also gets outplayed by an ntec

(every ar is outplayed by an ntec)

10 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

(every ar is outplayed by an ntec)

its cause all the other ARs are pretty bad.

you dont see this happening with pointman weapons, why?.... because they are all good you can use OCA, OCA Whisper, PMG, Silenced PMG, JG Shotgun, CSG, Strife, Nfas, Manic and perform nearly the same with all of them.

if you use other ARs you are litterally gimping yourself cause they all suck

2 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

you dont see this happening with pointman weapons, why?.... because they are all good you can use OCA, OCA Whisper, PMG, Silenced PMG, JG Shotgun, CSG, Strife, Nfas, Manic and perform nearly the same with all of them.

Not really, the ATAC and Raptor outperform the Ntec where they are supposed to.

ATAC being more cqc orientated up to around 35-40m after which they drastically become less useful, and the Raptors outperform the NTEC-5 as soon as you have to tap fire the Ntec, but by 45m the Raptors start to lose out again.

FAR is easily as good as the N-TEC up to 50m with even better full auto spread (giving it more full auto range for cqc), but after 50m the better base accuracy of the NTEC wins out.

9 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

i mean, that's because cqc weapons are fairly balanced, but it hasn't always been like that either. *glares at 2012 csg supreme days*

On 9/23/2019 at 3:59 PM, Hexerin said:

I tested this once time and I found that EM3 did not help. I was able to reload and blow up cars faster without EM3. It might work for some of the smaller cars. I suggest HS3 because you'll be 100% accurate and can even do jumpshots. I've used the Dor Ear and bunch and tried all the mods and always go back to HS3. 

On 9/24/2019 at 8:39 AM, CookiePuss said:

Not really, the ATAC and Raptor outperform the Ntec where they are supposed to.

ATAC being more cqc orientated up to around 35-40m after which they drastically become less useful, and the Raptors outperform the NTEC-5 as soon as you have to tap fire the Ntec, but by 45m the Raptors start to lose out again.

FAR is easily as good as the N-TEC up to 50m with even better full auto spread (giving it more full auto range for cqc), but after 50m the better base accuracy of the NTEC wins out.

Cries Miserable Cobra Tears