Sign in to follow this  
lvrq

steam store page

3 hours ago, crusade said:

What mainstream games are out there being marketed with chicks in skimpy outfits running around with guns? Tomb Raider? lol

Perhaps mainstream games are not plainly marketed in such way, which is always a smart move, but generally speaking, watching trailers or playing a game one can't avoid stumbling upon a hypersexualized female character representation, who despite having male characteristics and being dominant, has female body for its most important feature. However take almost any of popular MMORPG games out there, and prove me wrong. If this wasn't the widely-spread case, there wouldn't be so many studies on the subject, pointless even to discuss it.

Yeah, and it doesn't seem like it's working. Turns out, not everyone wants to see the same recycled garbage over and over. Now, please explain to me why The Dark Knight is one of the best movies in the past 12 years.

Frankly, I would love to know too, how on earth such a bloated, outstretched and middling, unmemorable nonsense, with mind-numbing music, pseudo-realistic and nonsensical plot, despite having unarguably great cast and mildly interesting direction, could find its place among amazing cult classics like The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather and Pulp Fiction. Personal opinion, it's just a highly overrated summer blockbuster.

Are you reading buzzfeed or something? There's a reason the "Men only want one thing and it's f*cking disgusting" meme is a meme.

This poses a question what do you think a meme actually is and stands for. I prefer to think you're not one of those millennials using popular terms without knowing their meaning. If memes mimic (hence the term meme) a certain cultural symbol, idea, behavior or phenomenon and often ridicule it, it just means those concepts are omnipresent in the society regardless of being stereotypes or anti-stereotypes.

Anyway, I felt like I should reply, even if this is totally off-topic.

(Sorry Mods) 

Edited by Bambola
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, vantiks said:

its bad publicity and its cringe as hell. do you really wanna advertise a  SHOOTER with 2 guys who dress their characters like hookers and dont do missions? (play the game)

Don't you dare criticize our community's hookers. They're very important!

8 hours ago, Bambola said:

Perhaps mainstream games are not plainly marketed in such way, which is always a smart move, but generally speaking, watching trailers or playing a game one can't avoid stumbling upon a hypersexualized female character representation, who despite having male characteristics and being dominant, has female body for its most important feature. However take almost any of popular MMORPG games out there, and prove me wrong. If this wasn't the widely-spread case, there wouldn't be so many studies on the subject, pointless even to discuss it.

You legit just changed the subject in order to try and be correct. The subject was marketing. Now you're talking about how women are portrayed in MMO's? Yeah, okay.

Frankly, I would love to know too, how on earth such a bloated, outstretched and middling, unmemorable nonsense, with mind-numbing music, pseudo-realistic and nonsensical plot, despite having unarguably great cast and mildly interesting direction, could find its place among amazing cult classics like The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather and Pulp Fiction. Personal opinion, it's just a highly overrated summer blockbuster.

Did you just call The Dark Knight a bad movie? Well, at least I know what kind of clown I'm talking to.

This poses a question what do you think a meme actually is and stands for. I prefer to think you're not one of those millennials using popular terms without knowing their meaning. If memes mimic (hence the term meme) a certain cultural symbol, idea, behavior or phenomenon and often ridicule it, it just means those concepts are omnipresent in the society regardless of being stereotypes or anti-stereotypes.

You typed a lot of words without making a point. Impressive, really.

The specific meme I referenced is making fun of the fact that some women think men only want one thing. Yes, men need sex. That's just part of how testosterone works. This is also the part of men that gets exploited by the sexualization of female characters in some games, and it doesn't make the game good by any means. But to say that's the only thing we want? Look, I may be male, but even I can't speak for other men when it comes to what they want. The fact that you believe every single man can be generalized into being "simple" is in itself "f*cking disgusting."

Edited by crusade
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, crusade said:

You legit just changed the subject in order to try and be correct. The subject was marketing. Now you're talking about how women are portrayed in MMO's? Yeah, okay.

We are all time on the subject, my initial point was the sexual objectification is one of the main selling points, regardless of the way they promote it, obviously or not.

Did you just call The Dark Knight a bad movie? Well, at least I know what kind of clown I'm talking to.

No, I said it's a highly overrated summer blockbuster and by all cinematography standards doesn't deserve the spot which unfortunately has.

You typed a lot of words without making a point. Impressive, really.

The specific meme I referenced is making fun of the fact that some women think men only want one thing. Yes, men need sex. That's just part of how testosterone works. This is also the part of men that gets exploited by the sexualization of female characters in some games, and it doesn't make the game good by any means. But to say that's the only thing we want? Look, I may be male, but even I can't speak for other men when it comes to what they want. The fact that you believe every single man can be generalized into being "simple" is in itself "f*cking disgusting."

I couldn't know which meme you were referring, usually I do not find them funny or interesting so I tend to ignore them. But anyway, I could never say "every single man wants only one thing", namely sex, spent too much time surrounded by males to know them better than that, I just said they are in general straightforward, put cars, guns, explosions and chicks together and you'll get their attention, at least of the majority of them. The effort to make me into some misandristic feminist ends just on a clumsy attempt. 

5 hours ago, Bambola said:

We are all time on the subject, my initial point was the sexual objectification is one of the main selling points, regardless of the way they promote it, obviously or not.

Okay, when you say main selling point, what do you mean exactly here? Are you telling me that 2B's butt is a core feature in Nier: Automata? Are you telling me that at least a decent amount of purchases of Nier: Automata are solely because of 2B's appearance? Does 2B's figure have any significant impact on how well the game was received by the public?

No, I said it's a highly overrated summer blockbuster and by all cinematography standards doesn't deserve the spot which unfortunately has.

Who the hell calls a movie's plot "bloated, outstretched and middling, unmemorable nonsense, with mind-numbing music, pseudo-realistic and nonsensical" and the movie itself a "highly overrated summer blockbuster," then denies that they called the movie bad? You're reaching on this one.

I just said they are in general straightforward, put cars, guns, explosions and chicks together and you'll get their attention, at least of the majority of them. The effort to make me into some misandristic feminist ends just on a clumsy attempt. 

Except you didn't say that. You altered and opened up your statement to make it less approachable. At least have the decency to correct yourself. It seems like you're trying to win the argument for the sole purpose of winning an argument. The fact that you think I called you a misandrist tells me I'm wasting my time.

Edited by crusade

These screenshots were the result of Tiggs (or TechMech) from the good ol' days of their ownership over G1. They could've easily had a dev make new screenshots (or do it themselves) but no they decided to shift the burden over to the community to do one of the most basic and easiest tasks. And even then, they half-assed their judging because now the store page is a cluster fuck of inconsistent screenshots of different graphical settings & resolutions.

Hopefully they'll clean up the steam page when the engine upgrade is finally finished.

Edited by Glubbable

Sign in to follow this