Sign in to follow this  
lvrq

steam store page

21 minutes ago, vantiks said:

Why.

42006dddb90f9de0384de2da88f57f0f.png

No wonder it's mixed.

I am not familiar with Steam and how it works, that's probably the reason I can't figure out what "Why." refers to.

Having no question mark makes it even more inscrutable. Perhaps someone can shed light on the reasons for this post.

Lul. Most of my friends that checked this game out on Steam said it looks like garbage and that was enough for them to not try it.

Same people can play Minecraft tho. Go figure.

2 hours ago, Bambola said:

I am not familiar with Steam and how it works, that's probably the reason I can't figure out what "Why." refers to.

Having no question mark makes it even more inscrutable. Perhaps someone can shed light on the reasons for this post.

you are trying way too hard

3 hours ago, Bambola said:

look at the picture

5 hours ago, vantiks said:

So what? Why does it matter? There are more games with 18+ that show the same thing on steam

its bad publicity and its cringe as hell. do you really wanna advertise a  SHOOTER with 2 guys who dress their characters like hookers and dont do missions? (play the game)

Yea they could update those pictures, they could get way better ones than those. And im saying that even though the second screenshot is mine 😛

12 minutes ago, vantiks said:

its bad publicity and its cringe as hell. do you really wanna advertise a  SHOOTER with 2 guys who dress their characters like hookers and dont do missions? (play the game)

That's a lot of assumptions. It's a shooter where you can customize the character you want anyway you want(to an extent) so why does this matter so much for you? It's showing a game that you can customize a character. Some people also play the game to do just that and hang in social. 

Edited by Valkyrja-
Typo

yeah it's got some dated pictures but don't forget that zinger: "customize your gear for the task at hand and hit the streets and play how you want in a city filled with more action this side of a Hollywood blockbuster."

or some other erroneous info like "An unmatched 100 players per server, dedicated to massive open-world PVP combat."

I find it weird that one of the showcased images features a screenshot from someone showing off an explosion on what seems like the lowest graphics settings. Like why would they even consider taking screenshots from someone who is running the game on a potato? 😂 And that one OP posted... no words needed haha.

I do think that LO should consider making new pictures for the steam page, cause I don't think a lot of the player-submitted ones give the game a good look. It's not that player-submitted screencaps are bad, it's just that the ones that were selected (by the G1 team pre-LO) were poorly selected. (imo).

I'd like to suggest more cinematic shots; ones that catch peoples' eyes while showing off the things that make the game unique. The customizer, for instance, should not be done straight from the customization window, since there is literally T-Posing done in it (not necessarily bad in its own, but bad for a screenshot), but rather taken out in a district to show off clearly unique customizations.

Anyways, I don't want to come off like I'm attacking the people who's screenshots are showcased...I'm just saying that there could probably be better pictures in replacement that give the game a better look.

• Like 1

I would update those pictures and in generale its page.

1 hour ago, vantiks said:

I mean... at least it's accurate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Lul. Most of my friends that checked this game out on Steam said it looks like garbage and that was enough for them to not try it.

Same people can play Minecraft tho. Go figure.

minecraft runs smoothly, apb looks like crap and runs poorly so your friends are correct in their decision.

2 hours ago, Valkyrja- said:

That's a lot of assumptions. It's a shooter where you can customize the character you want anyway you want(to an extent) so why does this matter so much for you? It's showing a game that you can customize a character. Some people also play the game to do just that and hang in social. 

there is like 0 customizing done in tht screenshot, they put like 5 symbols to look like a hooker

Without fantasy of users and variety of outfit around me APB could look banal.

i play it since 2011 and never really bored.

maybe upset for lag or insane gap between MM, dethreating and griefing.

But i come back always.

Note: Cyber Hunter has 1% of customitation of apb but i feel that could be the way for invest in APB2.

1. Login screen: Is APB
  2. Drive: Is Apb
  3. Weapons: is APB ,but balanced.
  4. Map: there is only one, 50% of APB, but is very large, like an APB district.
  5. Team/Friend/APB: Is APb, but with solid rewards for friendly game style.

I am surprised that a lot of people that play apb criticize it badly, but the developer of the game of tomorrow use always our old style.

Edited by Queen of Love

This is accurate though?

Two dudes dressing up their characters slutty and make a sexual pose in social district.

3 hours ago, vantiks said:

2 guys who dress their characters like hookers

The one on the left looks like Mileena, the one on the right doesn't look like a hooker. lol

Don't see any hookers in there. One is character from MK and other one is just posing. Just social dist things.

Social is like a VRChat but without VR.

The real question is when are we getting those boots in armas

7 hours ago, vantiks said:

One doesn't have to be a marketing expert to know things like that are usually the main selling point. Get a chick in skimpy outfit running around with a gun, it doesn't really matter what are you selling, you'll sell it and sell it good. It's enough to take a look at those shallow and superficial Hollywood action movies today. Usually, shooting games have males for the targeted audience and with all due respect guys are simple - are there guns, check, explosions, check, cars, check, big bewbs, check (omg there's even a bewbs slider!) and there you go, you have yourself a customer.

Another thing, contrary to popular belief there are a lot of females in APB (yay for the WiFi in the kitchen!), so why would you assume those are two males dressed as females, could be galls as well, dressed the way they can't do in the real life thanks to the twisted social norms. Moreover, going through the Social district sometimes feels like going down the Phuket Bangla Road, and I bet more than half of those characters are being played by guys. So, it works, for both genders.

Of course APB is a shooter, but it promotes the freedom of creativity and appearance diversity, you want to be a famous fictional character, superhero, furry, neko, or just a gopnik, you got it, APB lets you to be, and that's exactly what should be shown to advertise this game.

• Like 1

One doesn't have to be a marketing expert to know things like that are usually the main selling point. Get a chick in skimpy outfit running around with a gun, it doesn't really matter what are you selling, you'll sell it and sell it good.

What mainstream games are out there being marketed with chicks in skimpy outfits running around with guns? Tomb Raider? lol

It's enough to take a look at those shallow and superficial Hollywood action movies today.

Yeah, and it doesn't seem like it's working. Turns out, not everyone wants to see the same recycled garbage over and over. Now, please explain to me why The Dark Knight is one of the best movies in the past 12 years.

Usually, shooting games have males for the targeted audience and with all due respect guys are simple - are there guns, check, explosions, check, cars, check, big bewbs, check (omg there's even a bewbs slider!) and there you go, you have yourself a customer.

Are you reading buzzfeed or something? There's a reason the "Men only want one thing and it's f*cking disgusting" meme is a meme.

Edited by crusade

12 hours ago, vantiks said:

whoever the 4 people are that disliked what vantiks said you must be a 500 pound neckbeard who lives on reddit and only creates slutty toon characters in every game you can. that shit IS cringe and it it IS bad publicity so please take your non deodorant using asses somewhere else

Sign in to follow this