VladimirChekhov

Why are you nerfing the NTEC?

GamersFirst nerfed the NTEC-5 Years ago, and back then sure yes it was a very good gun and maybe a little op. But after the nerf the Ntec was in a very good place. The Ntec is quite possibly one of the best balanced guns in the game right now. A new player cannot just pick it up and become a god with it, the ntec takes a lot of time and effort to get good with to learn when to 1 tap 2 shot burst 3 shot burst or full auto. The ntec has a huge skill ceiling and yes people who have played the game a lot and have used the ntec a lot can be good with it but it is by no means over powered.

The Ntec has strengths and weaknesses like any other gun

• 1-20m Most close range guns will beat it in a fight the OCA/PMG/NFAS will beat an ntec at that range most of the time.
  • The Ntec fills a much needed range of around 20m-50m
  • at around 40m+ the obeya will beat the ntec most of the time because even though the ntec has a .70s time to kill you will not be able to shoot at max fire rate beyond 40m+ which in turn slows down its potential time to kill. Where as the obeya can shoot at max fire rate.

I feel like the ntec is in an amazing place right now and has been for a while.

I don't believe that just because you guys release a new gun (The New Glory) which was not well received. The issue is not with the ntec being too strong but with your design of your first gun you have released. 

PLEASE do not change the ntec to fix the issue with (The New Glory) Instead maybe tweak the new glory to fit the play style you had originally imagined. 

Seeing this Ntec change has REALLY irritated me I have played this game for over 8 years and I can agree that some guns need a nerf, such as the OGRE and NFAS but I can assure you the NTEC is not a gun that needs to be changed. 

I have thousands of hours in this game and have experience a lot of different changes over the years, and I typically do not come on to the forums to post about things but this is something I feel strongly about and I hope you can take the advice from Veteran players like myself. 

TLDR: The Ntec has already been nerfed in the past and is a well balanced gun in its current state and does not need to be changed. Instead of changing the base gun, please instead improve on (The New Glory) instead. The new glory was the first gun that Little Orbit designed, so obviously there is a lot to learn about balancing a gun. But I am begging you please don't go about changing guns that are not game breaking in the slightest, there are far bigger issues about the game that need to be tackled first.

I would love to read feedback from other players about this Issue

-Kirin

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

its because the weapon isnt easy to learn

therefore it must be nerfed to the ground because fuck the people who git gud and learn how to use weapons lol

• Like 12

i completely agree i am so sick of low rank players and or veteren players jumping in saying the ntec is to op and needs a nerf the ntec is a good base line gun for almost anyone and i feel calling it op and requesting it to be nerfed would just show that the person(s) complaining just either need to use it more and practice with it or should just try other guns instead of saying its op and needs a major nerf as i am sure LO have better things to do then listen to children complaining about stuff thats not even a issue.

-Anon

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Because its too easy to use it and there needs to be balance!!!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Alani said:

therefore it must be nerfed to the ground because fuck the people who git gud and learn how to use weapons lol

you just tap tap tap fire.  Other than that it is the easiest weapon to kill people with and I am always shocked as how quickly opponents die.

It's a bit too good to be honest, decent close up and very easy to use at mid range.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, illgot said:

you just tap tap tap fire.  Other than that it is the easiest weapon to kill people with and I am always shocked as how quickly opponents die.

It's a bit too good to be honest, decent close up and very easy to use at mid range.

Just because a good is good does not mean it needs to be nerfed, when I think about guns that need nerfs I think about NFAS where you can point and click in someones general direction if they are close and kill them with little or no skill required. The Ntec isn't one of those It has a high skill ceiling. The difference between someone who is good with the ntec and someone who is bad is a big gap, and I thik that is a good thing. You should have to strive and use a gun more and more to get better with it rather than just picking up a gun that is easy to master.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Alani said:

I mean if by not easy to learn you mean timing your shots then sure, but imo any 12 year old can learn how to handle it with a basic understanding of how weapons work in this game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VladimirChekhov said:

I feel like the ntec is in an amazing place right now and has been for a while.

-Kirin

The only actual issue I have with the NTEC is the high kills-per-mag potential. 32 rounds is potentially 5.33 kills. If you compare that to any other non-LMG weapon, it's quite up there. Other than that, maybe some tweaks here and there, but definitely not the nerf wiffle bat.

Edited by crusade

56 minutes ago, crusade said:

The only actual issue I have with the NTEC is the high kills-per-mag potential. 32 rounds is potentially 5.33 kills. If you compare that to any other non-LMG weapon, it's quite up there. Other than that, maybe some tweaks here and there, but definitely not the nerf wiffle bat.

that only accounts for if u never miss 1 shot like hackers do when they run an aimbot while using ntec so technically u never can kill 5 people with a full clip coz the chance of missing several shots is pretty high even if tap firing as a moving target isn't always easy to hit or even kill mate.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FarQ1R3AP3R said:

that only accounts for if u never miss 1 shot like hackers do when they run an aimbot while using ntec so technically u never can kill 5 people with a full clip coz the chance of missing several shots is pretty high even if tap firing as a moving target isn't always easy to hit or even kill mate.

Hence the word "potential" dawg.

What weapons do people even play with, and in what range that they cant counter ntec? If ntec kills you while u r holding an smg in its comfortable range, well Iam sorry, but u are simply bad or u just messed up. There is nothing more into it. Ntec is not OP, and does not need any change.

BUT

there is sooo many off-meta underpowered weapons that would use some buffs or seriouse tweaks, becouse they are mostly outclassed or they are straight up useless - and you could do this instead of nerfing the most ballaced, and skill based weapon of whole game.

CSG

M-1922

Joker SR15

AR-97

Agrotech ACES SMG

CAP40 need 3 open slots

EOL

FFA Bullshark

H-9 Curse

ISSR Artemis

NCR-762 'Anubis'

Norseman series

S1-FA

S1-TIC

SBSR rifle/sniper

SG-21 Strife

SWARM

COBR-A

SEE! THERE IS SO MANY WEAPONS THAT NEED BUFF OR TWEAK THERE IS NO WONDER YOU THINK THAT ALL BASIC WEAPONS SUCH AS NTEC ARE OP!!!!

FIX THIS WEAPONS FIRST!

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Joker SR15

well yes but actually no

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I believe the main reason for the suggested changes are because of the versatility of the N-Tec 5. When mastered the weapon can be easily used in most encounters from 0-60 m. The decreased bloom recovery per second + lower RoF is supposed to counter its ability in CQC encounters. Personally I don't like this change either because it makes the gunplay rather odd and unresponsive.

Just keeping lower RoF (maybe not as much as right now since ttk got raised to ~0.85) on Test B shouldn't be much of an issue though as well as keeps the characteristics of the weapon, quick tap-firing on mid-range and poking at long range.

• Like 3

Honestly its a very easy gun to master and becomes very rewarding at almost any range, that's why. It's the most used weapon for a reason.

Also, balancing every gun around the current N-TEC would result in way faster gameplay which APB was never intended to be, and it'd ultimately force less unique gameplay as every gun more or less plays the same then.

Look at Battlefield 4 where they tried to buff a bunch of guns instead of nerfing one, it now has a thousand ARs which combined offer pretty much just 3 different rifles with a different model and sound.

Oh and why did this need a new topic?

Edited by GhosT
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

People who think NTEC has a learning curve... Get a grip. The depths you take to learn the gun are shallow and it's quite easy for even new players to switch to it, since Star 556 is similar. Not the same, but similar in stats.

Go test it and see if there's any reason to start bitching. It may be balanced between the factor of being a medium-range gun, but it's actually good for multiple scenarios, which beats it in contest to other guns. I would be copy-pasting what Matt said, but there is just a HUGE chunk of people that, when faced with a difficult situation, just seek resolve by just choosing an NTEC. I believe LO's intention is just to make people consider more options as NTEC is just one of the most popular picks.

I don't really have a good image of NTEC users, but let's just hope you're not actually braindead.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

What weapons do people even play with, and in what range that they cant counter ntec? If ntec kills you while u r holding an smg in its comfortable range, well Iam sorry, but u are simply bad or u just messed up. There is nothing more into it. Ntec is not OP, and does not need any change.

BUT

there is sooo many off-meta underpowered weapons that would use some buffs or seriouse tweaks, becouse they are mostly outclassed or they are straight up useless - and you could do this instead of nerfing the most ballaced, and skill based weapon of whole game.

CSG

M-1922

Joker SR15

AR-97

Agrotech ACES SMG

CAP40 need 3 open slots

EOL

FFA Bullshark

H-9 Curse

ISSR Artemis

NCR-762 'Anubis'

Norseman series

S1-FA

S1-TIC

SBSR rifle/sniper

SG-21 Strife

SWARM

COBR-A

SEE! THERE IS SO MANY WEAPONS THAT NEED BUFF OR TWEAK THERE IS NO WONDER YOU THINK THAT ALL BASIC WEAPONS SUCH AS NTEC ARE OP!!!!

FIX THIS WEAPONS FIRST!

completely agree with you mate.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

Honestly its a very easy gun to master and becomes very rewarding at almost any range, that's why. It's the most used weapon for a reason.

Also, balancing every gun around the current N-TEC would result in way faster gameplay which APB was never intended to be, and it'd ultimately force less unique gameplay as every gun more or less plays the same then.

Look at Battlefield 4 where they tried to buff a bunch of guns instead of nerfing one, it now has a thousand ARs which combined offer pretty much just 3 different rifles with a different model and sound.

Oh and why did this need a new topic?

This^^

1 hour ago, Pufty said:

People who think NTEC has a learning curve... Get a grip. The depths you take to learn the gun are shallow and it's quite easy for even new players to switch to it, since Star 556 is similar. Not the same, but similar in stats.

Go test it and see if there's any reason to start bitching. It may be balanced between the factor of being a medium-range gun, but it's actually good for multiple scenarios, which beats it in contest to other guns. I would be copy-pasting what Matt said, but there is just a HUGE chunk of people that, when faced with a difficult situation, just seek resolve by just choosing an NTEC. I believe LO's intention is just to make people consider more options as NTEC is just one of the most popular picks.

I don't really have a good image of NTEC users, but let's just hope you're not actually braindead.

Exactly...and I think it also makes the game way more boring when literally almost every mission becomes an ntec sweatfest sooner or later. The game has so much more guns that are good and fun to play but much people dont even think about using them because meta guns like ntec.

I mean why give yourself a challenge when you can have easy kills most of the time right? 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everything about Ntec was fair except for the range, how are some people capable of killing with ntec above an Obir range is beyond me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pufty said:

They arent nerfing the NTEC because it's too good. They are nerfing it because they had an extremely poor attempt at the NTEC (The New Glory) so to combat how trash the New glory is they are nerfing the ntec instead of fixing a gun the released.

5 minutes ago, VladimirChekhov said:

They arent nerfing the NTEC because it's too good. They are nerfing it because they had an extremely poor attempt at the NTEC (The New Glory) so to combat how trash the New glory is they are nerfing the ntec instead of fixing a gun the released.

That doesn't even make any sense.

29 minutes ago, VladimirChekhov said:

dumbest post of the day goes to mr. chekhov, congratulations bud

5 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

BUT

CSG

M-1922

Joker SR15

AR-97

Agrotech ACES SMG

CAP40 need 3 open slots

EOL

FFA Bullshark

H-9 Curse

ISSR Artemis

NCR-762 'Anubis'

Norseman series

S1-FA

S1-TIC

SBSR rifle/sniper

SG-21 Strife

SWARM

COBR-A

FIX THIS WEAPONS FIRST!

Agreed most of them in that list needs a buff/rework ! Infact more people might actually consider buying and learning those weapon if they are balanced well... but i dont know why LO doesn see this a a prob !  80% of the weapons in this game are left in the dust by the players for a reason........ 

7 hours ago, PitterPatter said:

I mean if by not easy to learn you mean timing your shots then sure, but imo any 12 year old can learn how to handle it with a basic understanding of how weapons work in this game.

We should let that marinate.

• Like 1